November 2011 birth club!!

staks
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies sorry its been a while just getting things sorted and have had loads of visitors. Me steve and Ethan r doing really well. Only thing with me is my thigh muscle is badly bruised inside my leg from where i had injection for petherdine and placenta. Its that painful i can hardly walk on it but its getting better and its coz the bruising hasn't come out my leg its in my muscle.

Anyway here is my birth story. On the 8th nov at ruffly 4.30pm i had a show and some mild contractions had started half hour after that. These went on through the night and were between every 8 and 5 mins apart. By 9pm they we every 5 to 3mins apart but not to painfull i could cope with it. I managed to get some sleep from 1am till 4.30am. I got woke up by quite strong contractions and i woke my OH up as they were getting quite painfull. Steve had only had an hr and a half sleep as he been working lates. We rang the delivery suite at 9am and they asked questions and my contractions we every 3 to 5mins at this point. We requested a birthing pool and i managed to stay at home until midday but by then the pain was alot more intense.We rang delivery again they said to come up. They thought i would be about 2-3cms but when examined i was only 1cm! They prepared me with painkillers and told me about hot baths and were going to send me home again. When the 2nd midwife asked about my blood pressure i said the 1st midwife didn't say anything so thought it was fine. When the 2nd midwife checked she said i wasn't going no where as blood pressure was high. When rechecked it had gone up again!So had to stay and was given the TENS machine which was amazing and def have it again. I was reexamined at 7pm and was 2-3cms still carried on with the TENS machine and was examined again at 11pm where i was 5cm. I was then given gas and air with the TENS machine as all the way through my contractions were every 2 to 5mins. I stuck with these untill i was 8cms at 3.30am. I stuck it out another half hour then had peherdine at 4am and my waters broke at 4.30am. I was still having gas and air and the TENS machine and at 5.50 i felt the need to push. Ethan was born at 6.51am in 1 final push on the 10/11/11. Midwife had to catch him it was so unexpaceted and quick lol. I had 2nd degree tear and stitches to suit.

Was exhausted afterwards but over the moon to finally meet our gorgeous little boy.So so happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

He is a little star and really content. He sleeps 3 to 4hrs at a time and has a feed, nappy change and cuddle. Then goes straight back to sleep.

Lianne really scary i was due the day b4 u and both our babies were born the same day but Etahn was 1/2 an ounce bigger than Amelia-rose x
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Jade, big congrats! Hope Finlay is settling in well to your little family!

Dee I saw your photo today, sooo cute! Hope you're all cosy in your house with your babes now and that your bleeding settles soon Smile

Tracy good luck for tomorrow, wishing you all the luck in the world that your birth story is a positive one and that you feel better soon xx

Lianne I hope your infection is all cleared soon, poor you. Lovely you have LO and OH with you though.

bunny I hope Emilia settles better at nights for you soon, might she just be confused with timings? I can't remember the newborn days, have a big shock coming soon I think!

staks sounds like things happened quickly! Glad Ethan is so contented, well done you Very Happy

Jenny, princessmoo, and me are the last ones, then? Or the last to hear from - I can't see updates from them on this post at least.

Nov Birth Announcements!
mpat - Calum born on the 28th Oct weighing 7lb 5oz
Dee - Cleo born on the 3rd Nov at 4:45pm weighing 8lb2oz
Bunny - Emilia Kathryn born on the 4th nov at 4.31am weighing 7lb 9oz
staks - Ethan Stuart boron on the 10th Nov at 6.51am weighing 7lb 91/2oz
ClaireB13 - Morgan Vennetta born on the 11th Nov at 01.18 weighing 8lb 11oz
Gemz2008 - Benjamin born on the 15th at 1.32pm weighing 8lb 4oz
Jade - Finlay Marshall born on the 16th Nov at 2.52 weighing 7lb 4oz

Is that everyone? Tracy you're next! Very Happy

Last edited by StaceyRD on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
gemma1989
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations to all the mummys out there... i thought i would add my birth story.

Our beautiful baby boy arrived at 40+2 weeks on the 15th November 2011 weighting 8.4lbs
I had a 4 hour labour and it happened very quick. On the 14th i went to town with my mum and done lots of walking and when i got home i started getting a back ache. I then treated myself to a nice chinese to try and get labour started but woke up on the tuesday 15th and thought another day. By the time i went down stairs and had my breakfast i started getting contractions at 9.30 about 15 minutes apart so just thought they were braxtion hicks so carried on with my morning. by 10.30 i was in mega pain and contractions were coming 5 minutes apart, also had a small show so i started to thinking "wow this is the real thing" Got to the hospital at 12.00pm as i couldnt take it any more. Felt the need to push quite soon after arriving. by 12.30pm my water broke and baby arrived at 1.32pm using gas and air. it was a wonderful experience and so rewarding Smile
Very quick labour and cant believe i got my little man Smile

Going to try and add photos and hopefully they will work Smile

Benjamin at a week old.

Benjamin and his big sister Smile
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
Awwww he is just beautiful! Very Happy

Deecee24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:10 am 
Post subject:
Gorgeous Smile congrats x

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:50 am 
Post subject:
Stacy you missed me lol. Amelia-rose born on 10/11/11 at 21:55 weighing 7lb 9.

Staks- yeah I know it's weird, Amelia-rose is really content aswell, she only wakes for feeds, will lay in her Cot awake Nd not cry, she doesn't cry when she has her nappy changed, she had her heel prick test and didn't cry. She smiles a lot aswell Smile

StaceyRD
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Soo sorry Embarassed You need a new ticker! Very Happy

Nov Birth Announcements!
mpat - Calum born on the 28th Oct weighing 7lb 5oz
Dee - Cleo born on the 3rd Nov at 4:45pm weighing 8lb2oz
Bunny - Emilia Kathryn born on the 4th nov at 4.31am weighing 7lb 9oz
staks - Ethan Stuart born on the 10th Nov at 6.51am weighing 7lb 91/2oz
LianneJane - Amelia-rose born on 10/11/11 at 21:55 weighing 7lb 9
ClaireB13 - Morgan Vennetta born on the 11th Nov at 01.18 weighing 8lb 11oz
Gemz2008 - Benjamin born on the 15th at 1.32pm weighing 8lb 4oz
Jade - Finlay Marshall born on the 16th Nov at 2.52 weighing 7lb 4oz

Lady in Dec birth club has Tracy via text, yesterday there was no update. Hope she's getting on well today.
Since last night I've been getting twinges and niggles and my hips feel really sore. This feels all new to me, I felt no twinges at all until the day I had Isabelle! Nothing to shout about though, just enough to make me realise I am actually going to give birth, eeek x

Last edited by StaceyRD on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
heya all

i was inducted 23rd november 2011, and had my lil princess on the 24th november 2011, at 1:51am

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations avfcgal Very Happy what have you named her?

Stacy - I have no Internet access so having to use my phone and can't do a ticker on here

StaceyRD
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations avfcgal! What did she weigh? Smile

All your babies must be keeping you all busy, this topic is so quiet now!

Well I only have 2 sleeps left now to be a November mummy. We shall see. Seeing midwife tomorrow and having a sweep, eek. Didn't have any with Isabelle but am quite excited for the midwife to say if anything's going on. Off for a nice looong walk afterwards too, see if gravity helps. Very Happy Paul had two weeks off but had to go back to work today for one day because baby isn't here yet Rolling Eyes 3 rest days then back to work again if still no sign! My mum's been here since Saturday - is def keeping us all well fed! She's currently napping on the sofa haha.

Take care all. x

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
come on stacey's baby you have to be a November baby get out your time is up!! Smile

StaceyRD
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Nope, I'm off to the December board! Laughing

Babe is too snug, must be cooking him too well Smile

Nixxie
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
Stacey, you can take my place Laughing xxx

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,
well i've actually managed to do a new ticker as i'm at my mums for the day and she has internet here Smile

My infection has cleared up nicely which is really good, i've finished my antibiotics so hopefully won't need anymore.

I'm going to try and upload some pics of her for you all to see Smile hope you're all well

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:44 pm 
Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 68 of 71

Jump to:  

Community

Popular