swedish single mum of 2 children what benefits am i entitled

crybaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:47 am 
Post subject: swedish single mum of 2 children what benefits am i entitled
hi i am a single swedish mum with 2 kids i have seperated from the father of my kids we were not married but lived together in the uk for the past five years since my daughter was born she was born in sweden then we moved to uk when she was a couple of months old she holds a swedish passport my son is 3 years old and he was born here in uk and has a brittish passport i have been applying for income support and have been refused i get tax credits and still waiting for child benefit but i dont get help with rent or coucnil tax i have never worked but have never claimed any benefits my kids father supported us but now we have seperated i have nothing and i have just been made homless i dont no what to do they have refused me income support because they say i am not a habitual resident i dont undersand if u have any info or same problmes would be nice to here thanks
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
You should go to your local citizens advice and also contact the homeless team at your local council one stop shop. You could probably get information from the jobcentre about where these places are if you don't know since you've never dealt with them before. I don't really know much about it all but if you've been here for 5 years how can they say you're not a habitual resident? Doesn't make much sense to me. Good luck.. hope it all works out for you and your kids x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular