Having twins, but already have 21 month old!!!!

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:02 pm 
Post subject: Having twins, but already have 21 month old!!!!
Hiya ladies, we decided to try for one more and only wanted a small gap!! Lol turns out we will be a family of 5 by the end of the year!! I'm 25 my oh 27 so we can do the running around but we are still in complete shock!! Don't get me wrong I'm happy we both are but anxious about any complications associated with twins!! We are identical twins which share a placenta. Next scan 17 weeks. If there is anyone out there that can give any advice I would really appreciate it xxxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry not had twins, just spotted this and wanted to say massive congratulations Very Happy My FIL's wife had identical twin girls last september, they were a little early (35 weeks ) but both good weights and out of hospital in no time and are doing great now ,pretty much where they should be for 10 months , she said they are hard work but not as much so as she expected and so worth it Smile xxx
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, firstly congratulations! I know how much of a shock it is at the start and i dont think you really get over the shock until after you give birth lol if there is anything you want to know i would be happy to try and give advice Smile there are the chance of complications but there is a risk with any pregnancy and twins arent too much of a risk compared with multiples. The two things i think that can go wrong are twin-to-twin transfusion which can happen if your babies are sharing a placenta. This is when one baby takes more of the nutrients from the placenta and is bigger and stronger. The other risk is prematurity. My boys were born at 31+4 weeks but are absolutely fine now although that can be a rocky road. I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy Smile x

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies

Jennaxhx - did you have identical twins? did they share a placenta? im pretty sure they have there own individual amniotic sacs. But at first i thought they were momo's which is only one amniotic sac. I have heard about twin to twin transfusion which im petrified about!! when did you finish work? im a nurse and on my feet all day, i dont want to work too late and encourage babies to come too early, i will be a nervous wreck!! did you have a c section? sorry for all of the questions!! xxx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
SparkJack wrote:
Thanks ladies

Jennaxhx - did you have identical twins? did they share a placenta? im pretty sure they have there own individual amniotic sacs. But at first i thought they were momo's which is only one amniotic sac. I have heard about twin to twin transfusion which im petrified about!! when did you finish work? im a nurse and on my feet all day, i dont want to work too late and encourage babies to come too early, i will be a nervous wreck!! did you have a c section? sorry for all of the questions!! xxx

Its no problem, ask as many as you like Smile I wished I had someone to ask everything to when i was pregnant. My boys aren't identical and had seperate sacs and placenta. I wasnt working at the time, I had finished college a month and found out I was pregnant. Tried to get a job but gave up once I reached 5 months as didnt think there was any chance of getting one.
I gave birth naturally with only gas and air (quite proud of that lol).
I wouldnt work too late on in your pregnancy hun, especially with a job like you have. Tbh, I think if I had took it easier in the last few months my boys wouldnt have been born as early.

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
wow go you! how heavy were they? did they have to go to special care for long? xxx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
Liam was 3lb 7 and Craig was 3lb 4. Craig was in SCBU for 4 weeks and Liam was in 5 as he took a pretty bad infection and was put back into intensive care for 2 weeks so that set him back a bit. Are you going to find out the sexes? X

lucyat
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, i have twin girls who are now 15months that are non identical although everyone says they are!!! they had seperate sacs and placentas tho!! Like jenn said ask as many questions as u like cos we are an exclusive group Smile I too am a nurse and i worked upto 32weeks and had them at 33wks!!! Pre ecalmpsia, i was hoping to finish the week i had them but wasnt to be!!! They were in SCUBU for 19days and Amelia was 4lbs 5oz and Olivia 4lbs 13ozs so not bad weights!! they were mailnly in to maintain the temp and get feeding established, both have done great, infact theyare little sods!!!!!! But they make me smile every day!!!!And get stressed and annoyed and cry sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But thats parenthood for u!!

Hope this helps and feel free to ask anything else

Lucy xx
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
PS
amelia was natural, Olivia was emergency section!!! I liike to trial everything the NHS has to offer, we dont get many perks!!
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:24 am 
Post subject:
Lol Lucy that's a good way of looking at it!! I have been told to expect a natural if baby 1 is head down. Will wait and see tho! I was planning on finishing work about 29 weeks if not earlier as they share a placenta and will be smaller than most twins and I don't want to have them too early If poss!! Yours were good weights for how early they were.
Jenna I am not sure whether to find out or not. Did u? How about you Lucy? Xxx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:56 am 
Post subject:
Yeah i found out at my 20 week scan. I had to, it was hard enough waiting that long! Lol
29 weeks sounds about right Smile just make sure to put ur feet up from then on lol i didnt at all and wished i had now x

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:43 am 
Post subject:
I think I might find out but might change my mind. Will see how I feel. Xxx

lucyat
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
i didnt find out, wanted a surprise, i dont thnk we get many nice surprises in life Smile!!!x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Smile massive congratulations.. it will be hard work.. but with a good routine in place it will get easier.. (I had 6 kids in 7 years) ... try and make sure you get some special time with your toddler, so he doesnt feel left out.. xxx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Yep definitely agree. Routine is key when you have twins. I would be lost without one!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Twins, Triplets and Multiples All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular