December 2011 mummies!

tracyx87
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
im tracy 23 second pregnancy but 1st child, i was expecting twins this time but one never never made it, i work in a residential care home for children with special needs and profound disabilities (love it) i live in scotland not to sure wat elso to add lol xx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:15 am 
Post subject:
Starlightmum- just wanted to wish you luck for your scan today, keeping fingers crossed for you! Let us know how you get on xx

starlightmum
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
Hi Doh and thanks,

Just got back from my appointments and....all is well. My little speck is still very small but a heartbeat is definitely present. I am sooooo relieved. Hope everyone is doing fine. Oh by the way morning sickness is creeping up on me,yesterday I was sick all day and then puked later in the evening.(Ewwwwww).signing off now ladies. Very Happy

XOXOXO

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy I'm sooooo pleased for you hun! Got mine on Thursday! So fingers crossed for that. My sickness is not as bad at the moment, but hot flushes and tiredness has taken over at the moment Laughing xx

StaceyRD
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies. Back after a few days away. My midwife has decided I'm not due 30th Nov, from LMP 23rd Feb, I'm now due 2nd Dec?!? Roll on scan to give me yet another due date!

Good idea about the introductions!

I'm Stacey, I'm 21, but 22 when the Royals marry (so nice of them to give my OH a day off work for my birthday Wink ). I have a gorgeous daughter, Isabelle Amber, who was 15 months old on the 14th. I had an early m/c in Nov which got me into a very bad place. Isabelle and this baby here have been shock babies - I was on the pill! Unplanned, but in no way unwanted. We're moving to Reading in a few weeks as Paul works there. Not looking forward to that, but, it's just going to be a stop gap. I used to work in a shop but left to look after Isabelle. Paul asked me to marry him on the 6th of April, so lots of shocks have happened this year! Very Happy

Hope everyone is well.
I still can't be sick. Sad So need to, and keep almost being, but four days of having my head down the loo and nothing. Also feeling a lot more tired than usual. Had an hour and a half long nap today with Isabelle Embarassed And an hour yesterday. Hope it helps!

Take care ladies and mini babes xxx

KathG
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:31 pm 
Post subject: introductions
Hello everyone, Cant believe its scan time for some of you already Smile Very exciting. I dont get my scan until 12 weeks so a while to go yet. Great idea about the introductions -

My name is Kathryn and I am 26 years old. I live in Scotland and work as an ITU nurse - which I really enjoy. This is my first pregnancy and I am super excited (and a little nervous)!! I live with my partner robert. He is 27 and works in pay roll. We got engaged on the 12th of dec last year and are getting married in sept 2012 so the baby will be around 9 months by then (fingers crossed its enough time to lose the baby weight). So I am currently in the middle of wedding planning (going dress shopping next week - plan is to get one before any bump arrives).

I am enjoying reading all your stories and look forwards to sharing our pregnancy experiences. Hopefully Dec will come quick. Glad every one is doing well - even though some of you are having morning sickness Sad. I have not had any yet but have been some tired this week just cant seem to get enough sleep. I am 6weeks and one day (not that I am counting lol) and have my first appointment at the dr tomorrow. so I will let you know how it goes. see you all soon xx
Nixxie
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:50 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

So lovely to hear about you all! Sorry I have been awol, I have been SO SICK! We only have internet at the office & I could barely walk to the toilet let alone to the office so I have been laid up the last few days. Have tried everything I can get my hands on to help (which isn't that much!) & in the end bought the tablets, but couldn't take them! I just kept thinking, I am already on progesterone tabs/weekly injections plus the aspirin & or course the vits/folic acid, I just couldn't subject the little bubba to more meds! My OH just does not know what to do with me & thought that the tabs would be the answer so I have been telling him I have been taking them, & he thinks that they're obviously just not working!

Even though I feel as rough as "@"@, that maternal instinct to protect just takes over, so I just trying to suck it up & get on with it without the tabs but its not that easy! Have had a couple of emotional meltdowns whilst in the loo, just because I am exhausted & feel about 180 years old, but I sit there looking at myself in the mirror thinking 'god you look rough' & then I find myself saying 'but Nikki, its all good, its all good!' How crazy is it that you feel terrible but you keep telling yourself its a good thing!

Also no spotting for a few days now, so feeling better about that now, boobs have done a growth spurt & are tender, to be honest they're just in my way! I used to think I wanted a boob job but its amazing how these bigger boobs just annoy me! That's just saved me a few 's knowing I DO NOT ever want a boob job!! Laughing

Anyway hope everyone is doing good, scans going well & bubbas sticking tight! My scan will probably be 2 weeks today...feeling apprehensive about it already but but trying to put it to the back of my mind! xxx

TwinkleMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
My turn Smile tried to do this the other day but it wouldn't post Rolling Eyes

I'm Toni, 23 this year. I'm another Scottish lassy Laughing . I have a gorgeous wee boy who is 2 and a half Very Happy This will be OHs first baby but he is already the most fantastic daddy to our boy, we couldn't have asked for a better daddy in all honesty Very Happy had 3 MCs in the past year, this is the furthest in to pregnancy we have managed and we are feeling very positive that this one is a sticky Very Happy We got engaged on October last year! We are getting married in February next year Shocked Should be around 10 weeks between baby and wedding! Eeekk Shocked Got a busy year ahead, really have to learn to drive! If everything goes to plan I will be working part time, studying full time, learning to drive and planning a wedding all with a bump while trying to chase my very active toddler about Very Happy oh I can't wait, this will be the best year ever!

Got my scan on Thursday, feeling very nervous Embarassed although all the symptoms are getting stronger so thats reassuring Smile
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies.
Havent been able to get on computer as my internet connection is acting up.Typical Mad.
Well my name is Sharon im 29 and another scottish mummy, something in the water by the looks of it Very Happy. Ive been married to my husband for 4 years and we have a 5 year old daughter called Kenzi. I work as a nursery teacher, love my job but its gettin more tiring by the day Smile . We lost a baby girl at 16 weeks in November last year to Edwards syndrome,it was diagnosed at 12 week scan so just cant wait to get 1st scan over with and maybe relax a little. We havent told any1 about the pregnancy as we want to wait for 1st scan, i think i may have to sew my mouth up though as is its so hard not to tell. My hubbie works away on the oil rigs so im lookin 4 someone to share my moans, groans and exitement with.
Looking forward to hearing every1s scan news and reading your stories over the following weeks.
xxx
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
Twinklemum- we've got our scan on the same day, fingers crossed for the both of us that everything is going well with our little beans! Hoping that they are both sticky!!

tracyx87
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
nixxie i was the same till i got the ginger people, ginger chews, wen i feel really sick i just suck one and i feel better in seconds worth a try x

starlightmum
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Twinkle and Doh just want to wish touall the best on your scans tomorrow. Very Happy

I woke up this morning with a slight spotting, don't know where it will lead but I am trying to prpare myself for the worse. Sad

Nixxie
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies, hope the little bubbas are doing well! Well I am still a chunder guts & there doesn't seem to much I can do about it. Didn't have any last time so this is all new territory. Have tried whatever I can get my hands on which is not much where I am but have so far tried, ginger tea, ginger biscuits, ginger beer, lucozade (tip from my mum!), crackers, plain bread, flat lemonade (my mothers hangover cure!), but to no avail. I think I am just destined to be a chunder guts! This morning particularly bad since I attempted to come to the office. I've been taking the pregnacare vits with the extra cod liver oil. Now I am a vegetarian (by choice for last 21 years) but if you tell me taking a fish oil is gonna help my bubbas development then I'm taking it. All has been fine up until this morning when I started feeling sick & wondered why all I could taste was fish!! Its not nice for anyone, let alone a vegetarian to have the stench of fish oil in my mouth!! Anyway thought that would make you laugh!

My other troublesome problem is constipation, I don't think my bowels have slowed down.......they have stopped! Its been very uncomfortable the last week, I think all this extra progesterone is not helping! Had to call my obs lady for help in what was ok to take that I could get my hands on & she told me this Dulphalac Syrup. So I have had to get a friend in Kampala to buy it, put it on a plane & it should be arriving to little me, lost in the wilderness some time later today! I am hoping by tomorrow, I will be half the woman I am now! ha ha Thumbs up Laughing

Otherwise all is good! I am feeling a little apprehensive now though about the next 2 weeks. I know for me the coming 2 weeks is going to be a big milestone for me & the bubba. Although I am dreading the scan, I think I just NEED to know that all is ok!

Love to you all xx

KathG
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:46 am 
Post subject:
starlightmum - hope your ok and the spotting has settled down? I just thought I would mention to you that 3 of my friends (who went on to have healthy babies) have told me to expect spotting around week 7-8. They all had it so hopefully you will be fine.

Nixxie - whilst I feel for you and hope your sickness settles down a part of me is a little jelous. I have no pregnancy symptoms at all and you seem to have them by the bucket load lol. I cant wait to start feeling pregnant feel like this first trimester is starting to drag - I cant wait to tell everyone my news and start buying baby things and get a big bump. oh well I am sure next week I will be on here moaning that I dont feel well lol.

Hope all the scans went well, speak soon xxx
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!

Thanks for the messages starlightmum. I hope the spotting is nothing for you to worry about. Have you told your midwife? They could book you in for another scan?

My scan went well, the sac is the right shape (was the wrong shape last time), and she said that it all looks good for an early pregnancy. She couldn't see a foetal pole ( but she saw the yolk sac Very Happy ), she thinks this is due to be being 5-6 weeks and not 6-7 weeks as I thought! I also had alot of bowel gas and my bladder was filling up rapidly Embarassed So, I've got another scan next Thursday, so hopefully I'll see my little one. I'm still feeling positive, I'm getting up more in the night for the toilet, which is very unlike me, I could usually go 12 hours during the night without going for a wee Laughing And the sickness has gone up a level, and get a feeling that I'm actually going to be sick, and sometimes heave with no result! Anyway, the next stage is the midwife which I have on Tuesday, so I'm hoping she can give me abit more reassurance about the scan.

Hope all of you ladies are doing well. xxxx

Last edited by dohdoh1984 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 4 of 64

Jump to:  

Community

Popular