Sad and sick of waiting?

Callalily
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:12 pm 
Post subject: Sad and sick of waiting?
I'm 28. My husband and I have been TTC for almost 11 months now. It's been an emotional rollacoaster. I thought I was pregnant twice but I wasn't. To make matters worse, my husband's been traveling more for work lately which has made things more difficult and my sister-in-law just had a baby so I've been getting a lot of pressure and baby talk from my parents. I've tried talking to them but they just don't understand. It's gotten a little better but it's still hard talking with them when all they seem to talk about is their grandchild.

On top of that, the trying and waiting has been causing a lot of stress in my marriage. Each month that I find out I'm not pregnant, it's a complete let down. I get very sad and discouraged. Unfortunately, my husband and I deal with problems very differently. I need someone to vent to and he likes to hold it in. He listens to me but me venting to him adds more stress to his plate. I've also tried to do research and have tried different things to improve my chances of becoming pregnant but that too seems to make it more difficult for him because things are more routine and less enjoyable. He thinks we should deal with this by just letting things happen, but I don't think I can just let go completely. I feel like I need to have some control of the situation seeing that there's only 20-25% chance of getting pregnant each cycle; I don't want to lower my chances. I feel very lost and feel like I have no one to talk to that understands my situation.

Are there any women out there that have had a similar experience? I don't know what to do at this point.
choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
hi Callalily and Welcome to ask baby

I myself am not a long term ttc'er so im afraid i don't understand your situation but if you pop on over to the ttc section there's some girls in there that will be able to help. Good luck getting your BFP sending lots of baby dust xx
Hannah born Jun '12
Callalily
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Choccers! Appreciate the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Waiting to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular