Am I a rare species?

Chutzpah
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:03 pm 
Post subject: Am I a rare species?
After a quick flick around I have to ask....

Am I the only bloke on here? Laughing
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
yep lol are u the same guy as is on forums on a money saving site?????
Chutzpah
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Haha! Yes that's me. Linked to this site due to the travel system competition, joined up and decided that since it is a forum my wife isn't posting on I'd give it a go! Wink
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
well hello to u lol im honeybe21 aka mrs wolfbane aka kel lol

theres not many men on here infact i think ur the first but its a nice friendly site with varying opinions on things and some helpful advice.
cardea
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:05 am 
Post subject: Hello random man !
I think its great that men are taking such intrest after all it is just as much as a scary thing for them and a big life change ! Welcome and i hope that you find the support,advice and information you are looking for ! X
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
hello there, great to see a guy taking an interest...so are you a dad or expecting dad? how are things going?
dawn Very Happy
Chutzpah
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to have left you all in limbo for so long! Had to go away for work for a week and then I'm afraid to say the death of my brother-in-law made me focus on other things for a while.

Things are going really well. We had our dating scan and found that despite us thinking we were just over ten weeks along, we were actually twelve weeks! That was a relief for me as that was a major milestone that was just playing on my mind.

The morning sickness subsided about four weeks ago (though came back with a vengeance for a couple of days about a week ago then stopped again). We have been able to hear the baby's heartbeat using a fetal doppler (Took us an age to find it!)

And my wife has also got the beginnings of a bump... she denies it but it's definitely there and even a friend of ours agreed the other day when we went to visit her. She also thinks she might have felt some baby movements, little butterflies in her tummy that she can't attribute to hunger. She's doubting it but I'm telling her it's possible, I know that they say most first time mums don't feel it until 19/20 weeks (she's 17 and a half weeks) but I've told her that since she has been looking out for them she's more likely to notice them.... if that makes sense?
gingin
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:16 am 
Post subject:
hey Mr Dad, great to see you here, i started feeling my baby at 14 weeks so it isnt so unusual, but given fathers energy levels its completely acceptable - this baby will be born and able to run a marathon in a week LOL
sorry to hear of your loss - i have a theory about circle of life that when someone leaves us someone joins us - making the new arrival even more special
both of you take care
gx
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:46 pm 
Post subject:
HI Dad2b!

very nice to see a man taking interest! I think you should give yourself a pat on the back! My Partner loves reading books but havent caught him on any forums YET! I think he likes me reading out the "interesting" entrys...

Im very sorry to here about your loss... and sorry to put a further damper on things however I just wanted to say something about Gingins theory above...

I fell pregnant (conceived) around 3rd of November a week before a very close family friend that I have known all my life died... The last time I saw him was while I was looking after my 9 mnth old neice.. I was holding her and he said it suited me....

it comforts me alot thinking of this theory..

Good luck! keep us updated on how your partner is getting on!!

xxx
Chutzpah
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Well, it was devastating as he died exactly a week before we planned to tell everyone (at the twelve week mark). It was a weird day, a Saturday and I was excited as I'd just bought a new car (had to get rid of my two door coupe in advance of having a baby!) and looking forward to our dating scan.

The plan was to head home the weekend after the scan and tell everyone.

As it happened my mum rang me to tell me he had died in a workplace accident and ripped my world apart with the news. He leaves my sister and two young daughters. What made it worse for me is that I've always been quite close to my sister and I currently live quite far away from home. I felt so isolated. In the end I took the Monday off work to drive and see her, I also told her about the pregnancy as my mum said it was the right thing to do, it probably did help as her face lit up.

Then the funeral was when most people heard the news and started congratulating my wife (something I've learnt - when you announce a pregnancy everyone seems to gravitate towards the woman and ignore the bloke. I felt very left out! Maybe this is why so many men don't "feel much" towards the pregnancy?). She was a bit uncomfortable with it all as she felt that maybe she was taking the limelight away from my brother-in-law's day, but most people were saying the sort of things you were saying.... maybe these things happen in a circle.

Either way, it was nice to have some good news to tell people over that period. And I couldn't help but wonder whilst watching the scan if somewhere, some place, he knew about the pregnancy. I hope so.
Chutzpah
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
Just thought that I'd post this as well....

One of the vids from our scan!

My whole workplace have been bored to tears by me showing them this! Wink
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
That video is amazing!! Look at its little legs kicking everywhere!! Congratulations.

Can I also say, I too believe that when one life ends, one begins. My boyfriends mum die in April of last year, and I became pregnant in June. We dont known the sex of the baby, but i am convinced it will be a girl. If it is, it would be wonderful.
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
The video is incredible I didnt realise that they were available on standard scans... i might have to look in to that one! =)

xxx
Chutzpah
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
If you go private like we did you can get them, expect to pay around 50-100 for the scan.

We would do the same on the 20 week scan if we could afford it.
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
Chutzpah wrote:
I was excited as I'd just bought a new car (had to get rid of my two door coupe in advance of having a baby!)

Hello Chutzpah, it's nice to see a man here and I am sorry for your loss. This part of your post made me smile my partner has gone out and done exactly the same. He insisted the current car was not big enough and went out and bought another one. Maybe it's a ritual for a dad to be to do this, maybe when more fathers join I or we can conduct a survey on how many new cars are bought by new dads to be lol. However are you sure it was purely down to lack of space or did you secretly also want a new boy toy? Razz

Take care

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular