Advice Please

diane999
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:23 pm 
Post subject: Advice Please
Hello all,

we have hubbys 21 month old twin boys over every second saturday for the night and every second tuesday for the day, things used to be ok for a while but now when the boys go home she seems to always have something to moan about!! the other week she had the cheek to tell us we had given the boys headlice and hacked at there hair!!! i couldnt believe it, i was so angry especially after the care i go through to make sure my daughter doesnt have headlice and there is no way in this world i would even dream of cutting there hair!! Ashton hasnt even had his first hair cut yet so why would i cut theres?? today she says its our fault they have grazes on there heads! but they had them when they arrived here on saturday! everytime they come there clothes are either a year in size too big or a year too small!! she keeps sending them in shirts aged 6-12 months that are miles too small and it frustrates me, i actually confiscated them this week so she cant keep sqeezing the boys into them. Its making me wander how much notice she actually pays of them when they are at home.

Today one of the boys has these marks on his legs and i am just waiting for her to say that we did it! I have said to mark that i think its time we started documenting every single thing that they have when they get here, clothes not fitting, marks on them...things like that, doesnt seem very fair but im worried she is going to use all the accusations she is making against us to stop us having the boys.

Does anyone have any advice on how we can handle this and if there is any sort of measure we can take to prevent that situation from happening??

Also I am going to add a picture of the boys legs, if any of you could tell me what you think it may be then that would be great, it could be an innocent rash but it would help to have an idea of what caused it.

thank you

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, I don't have any step children so sorry in advance if I'm wrong in what I'm saying. If you're really worried about them, can you contact them and ask their advice on what to do?! She might be struggling and the social work could help?! I think it looks like a rash

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
looks like eczema to me.. obviously im no doctor, but all of mine - especially the boys have eczema, and tha wot it looks like.
xXx
diane999
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, i thought it was something like eczema but wasnt sure,

Its not so much that i dont think she can look after them, i think she is perfectly capable, and i know kids will be kids and fall down and hurt themselves a little. its the fact that she is accusing us of not being able to look after them, its our fault they have cuts and accusing us of cutting there hair and that we gave them headlice!

Its frustrating that i cant help but think she is going to try and use it against us when we have done nothing wrong
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:56 am 
Post subject:
aww hun, sorry i dont really know wot to advise on that front!
i think its probably more her trying to be petty than actually gonna use it against you, my mum used to do it about our nan n grandad all the time Rolling Eyes (even tho it was my nan n grandad that had us every thurs-mon so my mum could go out clubbin! Rolling Eyes )

it is a tough on, especially not bein in ur situation i wouldnt know wot to do for the best, maybe when u drop em off just say to her "oh when they boys came up we noticed x, y and z, just fort id mention it incase u didnt know..."
as regards to the headlice and hair cutting, id just try and ignore her! lol it does sound like she just tryna pick faults in nothing!
Could it be that she is jealous of you bein pg again? xXx
diane999
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 pm 
Post subject:
yeah i think just ignoring her is probably the best thing we can do, i just hope she stops it and doesnt try to stop us having the boys, although i think we will probably start to document things when they arrive just incase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Step Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular