im adopted and wanting to trace my family next month

H9E3
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:31 pm 
Post subject: im adopted and wanting to trace my family next month
feel free to ask any questions

im 17 nearly 18 in jan. and im wanting to trace my biological family when i turn 18 next month, i have always been trouble il admit since i turned 16 and started growing up and understanding what i was going through the bond with my adoptive mum broke down we use to fight all the time physically so i moved out and in with my other half we are very happy together now in our own place and dont hardly speak to my adoptive parents, iv never really had the support i need to help me get through this and im hoping i can find out who i am by meeting my parents if they would like to.

feel free to ask me andything and il answer them no problems Very Happy

xxxxx love holly
sophie2008
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
I personally havent been in this situation, but i wish you all the best, and hope it works out for you. Be careful, and dont go in expecting too much. That way you wont be crushed if things dont go as planned. But again i wish youall the luck in the world, and hope this helps you find yourself.
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou Smile
Missdooolittle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I have not experienced anything like this either but i felt rather sad reading that your relationship has broken down with your adoptive parents. I hope in time it improves as im sure they love you very much really.

All the very best hun xxx
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 am 
Post subject:
hi, sorry this is a late reply, i also am adopted, to trace your birth parents you will need to contact the borough you where adopted through, if you contact your local council then can give you the phone number for their social services but if you where adopted through a borough other than the one you are living in you will have to find out that borough and contact them. the place you where born should be some clue as to where abouts your adoption took place but that depends on the age you where when you where adopted. i was taken from my mum at 17days old and adopted at 14months so there was a bit of a gap so contacted both agencies and they where both helpful, just thought id tell you this if you havent already found the info u need. Also even though u may want to trace both parents in some circumstances you can only trace one.
best of luck an here if you want to talk.
lucy xxxx
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:30 am 
Post subject:
You need to get intouch with the social services in the area were your adoption did take place . You need to speak to the after adoption team ,and tell them that you need to be put intouch with an intermediary service,these or the people that well contact your birth family .. You can also ask for a copy of your adoption file from the ss .

All the best

Stan
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular