Don't really feel much and worried! xo

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:43 pm 
Post subject: Don't really feel much and worried! xo
hi,
i'm new to this forum, and have loads of questions as this is my first pregnancy.
i'm only 6wks and have had no sickness at all, nothing! i've had a few hot flushes and sometimes my nipples get so sore i could cry but thats it.
i've had really bad period pains though, and went to the e.r to have this checked, they done two blood tests over two day to see if my pregnancey hormones had doubled, and they did which was a relief! - any one else get this??? i'm going for a 7-8wk scan just to double check on the 8th of feb.
Only thing is i'v still had period pains and no other pregnancy symptoms, guess im just looking for reassurance, i'm convinced theres somthing wrong and helped when i read other girls were getting the pains without the bleeding.
just wondered if anyone else is the same, would appreciate to hear other experiances, think its nice to be able to compare stories. - thanks!
kimberleyxo
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
the pains are most likely ur uterus growing and it can be very painful.

as for not feeling sick hunny enjoy it others me including felt awful lol
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
thanks your probably right, not long till my scan anyways so will know all then. how far along are you? what were your first few months like? sorry if im asking too much, love hearing all the pregnancy and baby stories.
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
i dont think mine is a good one to talk about lol only just re-surfaced from head down a toilet and in bins stage.
im so glad the sickness is over it didnt kick in till around 8 weeks then up to now (im 17 weeks 4days) i was sick all the time and could only eat certain foods very very boring.

the pain does go away but i know it can be really uncomfortable the problem these days is because we can find out so early where as before u could have been 3 months and assumed it was period pain we now panic.

i would worry if there was blood but just period pain sounds like the uterus growing.
booter
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kimberley,
Congratualtions by the way. I was 6 weeks when my morning sickness started. Well actually is was more like 24 hour severe nausea, thankfully not as bad as Mrswolfbane. But I could barely eat a thing until about week 9, just to add to that I went on holiday to Florida at that time and the heat was awful so that added to me feeling [*@!#%*]. I regularly got pains similar to that of period pains and also ligiament pain. I had very sore breasts and aversions to certain smells for some time and felt extremely tired. I think that when you start to see the psyical changes your body goes through you will start to feel more pregnant. Also, at the 12 week scan the baby will look more like a little human so that should help.
I'm 31+3 weeks now and can't wait to see my baby as haven't seen him since the 20 week scan.
All the best Kimberley
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for your reply booter,
think it helps to hear other peoples experiances, iam only 6 wks so maybe i've the sickness and other pregnancy symptoms to look forward to! and from what i've been reading in the forums the whole worrying thing is really natural. I've a twin sister who has two of her own, she's been sharing her experiances with me too, but we haven't really had the same symptoms.
anyways thanks again.
kimberley

would love to hear more experiances............ xo
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
im a twin to lol but we have had some pregnancy symptoms the same its seems what she has i have but im the older one typical.

she had spd with her last child now im suffering with it ah well such is life.
Sirona
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kimberly

Don't worry!

A few days before I got my first pregnancy test (which was positive of course!) I had severe pains like period pains. I was sure I was going to get a period. I didn't....so about 5 days later, still having some cramping, I did the test and found out I was pregnant.

I have had pains since, but they've died down a bit and changed. I'm about 8 weeks now. I think some early pains are totally normal because I've read that your body acts as though its going to have a period....but then doesn't!

I wonder if you could get a scan a little earlier to put your mind at rest? Can you not phone them or something? My first scan was done just 4 days after I found out I was pregnant and at that point I was only 5.5 weeks.

Get your rest and eat well and everything should be fine.

Sirona
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
sirona, thanks, it's elevn days till my 1st scan, and by then my mind will be put at complete rest, so really looking forward to it!

Mrs wolfbane, I'm the eldest twin too! my sister says shes felt sicky - and blames me, but i don't really belive all that physic twin stuff, although she does. lol! i've been getting teased from friends an family with "oh, you never know, you might have twins" but it skipps a generation, doesn't it? lol. im sure you've had the same???

kimberley Very Happy
mrswolfbane
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
yep i get the same more now bcuz our first scan shows an image behind the baby and everyone that seen it before ive told them im a twin has sed they reckon its another baby lol.

its ment to skip depending on if theres a history in ur family or if u had an older mother as past 35 u produce to eggs hence more twins to older mums lol but some1 in my fellas family is a twin so who knows lol

i do believe in the twin thing only bcuz im been able to tell m sis shes preg before shes known herself and she hasnt beleived me only to find out everytime i was right.
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
see, i didnt really belive i was pregnant untill my sis kept nagging me to do a test, she bought the thing an everything say'n that she knew i was pregnant, and i was shocked when the two lines appeared! she just looked at me an said "told ya so"! lol!

wow! how'd you think you'd feel if you were having twins? think it'd be mad, especialy if it's your first time. my mum was saying that when she had my brother 2 yrs before becoming pregnant with me an my sister, that it was as though her pregnancy hormones were twice as bad than with him. Maybe that's why your pregnancy symptoms have been so strong??? is this your first pregnancy???
mrswolfbane
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
this will be my third baby,

personally i dont think its twins its just an odd part of the scan pic u can see all sorts on scan pics due to the water distortion and things.

ahhh so ur twin u knew lol just like i did,my twin doesnt believe me when i say things but im always right about them.im the older one though.
ec1981
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I am new to this site. 11 weeks pregnant (1st scan on 11th Feb to confirm) and haven't felt anything yet! Haven't got any bigger and haven't had any sickness at all. I'm looking forward to the scan to confirm that there is actually something there - has anyone else felt like this?
portmum
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
I can totally relate ec1981, I am 10 weeks and it so difficult to get a scan, dont know why. I have my first meeting with Midwife on 11 feb and only then will i be told when i have my scan.

Apart from being really tired and occasional sore breasts, I dont feel very pregnant so i am feeling very anxious as we want to tell our parents at 12 weeks which is what we are planning to do!

What can i do to put our minds at rest? its doing our heads in, we just want to see our little one to make it real!!

Anyone else relate?

Thanks
x
CHELLE9
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
hi there

i am 10 weeks pregnant now with no nausea, but sore boobs, an aversion to meat due to bad heart burn, but my mood swings don't seem that bad.

I had to go for a 7 week internal scan (this is more accurate and no full bladder required) cause i had left hand shooting pains in my belly, but much to my relief all is ok wasn't ectopic and what was amazing was see was a really tiny heart beat. it was lush, but they did find an ovarian cyst which they have to keep an eye on. My next scan is two weeks hopefully, and i can't wait. What has made it more real is that i haven't waited for the twelve week mark before telling everyone, and i think thats whats has made me realise that I am going to be a mother and its a brill feeling and can't wait to enjoy it .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular