My unconventional journey to parenthood

trying42long
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:23 pm 
Post subject: My unconventional journey to parenthood
Some of you may know my story from the ttc group and that i am now in the process of adoption.

I have finally been able to get the process started and already it feels overwhelming Shocked

I attended my first information evening last night and went into information overload. I found out lots of really useful things that really opened my eyes to the journey me and my partner are about to undertake.

I called the agency this morning to verify that i am certain i want to begin the journey and am now waiting confirmation of a social worker home visit. This should happen within the next 3 weeks Smile

It feels wierd to think that this time next year i could be a mummy after all this time of ttc. I am going to need lots of support throughout this journey as it is by no means going to be a walk in the park but its the price we are both willing to pay.

I can't help thinking that there's a child out there somewhere suffering right now who may end up being my son/daughter and even at this stage its breaking my heart but i am very passionate about what we're doing and know that we will eventually become fantastic parents x x x

Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 am 
Post subject:
I wanted to wish you all the luck in the world in your adoption process! I have a friend going through it right now. She said the first few meetings really seemed like they were trying to sort the wheat from the chaff, really trying to turn people off of adoption. Lots of tough questions, hard statements and information overload. She reckons it is to test people's resolve to really adopt. Once she realised that, she put on her stiff upper lip and prepared for whatever they threw at her, knowing it was so right for them. I believe she's now waiting for her first home visit in June. The waiting between visits sounds like the hardest part for them. However, they're planning improvements on the house before a child comes along so that will certainly help pass the time. I wish you all the best of luck and hope the process goes smoothly for you! Any child will lucky to have you!

Laura x
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
Yay- we're in it together!! Good luck hon- I will be supporting you all the way! xxxxxxxx

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
trying42long
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:34 am 
Post subject:
Thank you so much Smile

Well, we're still waiting to hear back from the agency to arrange our first home visit so they can assess whether or not they will allow us to proceed to the application stage.

All this is not good for my jittery nerves right now Confused

They're worried because my OH has kidney failure and is awaiting a transplant. They've told us that he will have to take himself off the transplant waiting list for at least a year if we do get accepted during the time when a child is settling in. I can understand their reasons for asking this of him and although he has agreed to it, i do feel that this is a massive massive sacrifice for him as he has already been through so much with his condition.

I really hope and pray that they can see past his condition

amyxpearce
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
I think that seems a little bit unfair asking your hubby to come off transplant list Surprised/ I do understand why they will be asking him to do that but it still seems quite unfair. I would have thought that if you make the child feel safe and secure during that time then it would be ok.

I think adoption is such a special way of having your children. You will get your baby and you are giving a baby an amazing opportunity of being loved and cared for! There is no greater gift that than!!

I hope it all goes nice and smoothly for you!!! x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular