ivf or sterilisation reversal? help please, im going mad! x

Godders1971
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 pm 
Post subject: Sold!!!...
Hi Rachel

Just posted a thankyou on the other thread!...confused.com!!!...lol...I've just asked for a quote...will keep you posted...xxx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Godders you arent too far from me hun!!
I had my op at the Nuffield Taunton.. which I like alot .. food was good and the consultant was honest, I also looked at the Nuffield Exeter Mr Jonathan West..
but because he only did open I went with Taunton.. ironically I ended up with open anyway, so he could repair my tubes better!!. it is likely to cost 3,900 at either Nuffield.. this includes a follow up appointment 6 weeks later and and hsg 6 months later if no bfp!! xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Godders1971
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Thanks for the heads up about the Nuffield hun, Taunton is only half an hour away, I've been in that one too & it's lovely. We've found one in Torquay that sounds ok too, I'm making THE appointment next week, if we're not keen on that one then we'll try the Nuffield Smile
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
Smile so are you going with Torquay hun?? somds great.
Good luck xx
Godders1971
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh, can't wait to finally get things moving Smile ....I'll keep you posted x
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
good luck hun xxxx
the reversals worked twice for me and i"m 40
1 little man whos 19 months and 1 little boy that i lost at 19 weeks but had nothing to do with my reversal, just bad luck xxxxx
good luck with everything and keep us posted xxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy just got my BFP today hun.. but its early days and I am scared its another ectopic.. Sad Shocked Shocked very shocked as I ov from my tubless side xx
Nicci1978
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone.......

I would like to announce that after having my steralization reversed on 8th Jan 2011 an Park hill Hospital Doncaster by Dr Emovon........

I`m PREGNANT

I`m so,so,so over the moon....It hasnt quite sunk in yet..My husband and children are extatic too.
I`m only 5 weeks and will be due 28th Jan 2012..I have my first midwife appointment next week....
I really do wish everyone out there, thats going through this, the best luck in the world...
It`s been an emotional rollercoaster and i was only trying 5 months so i really do feel for you`s who have been ttc for longer.....Good Luck to you all.

I`ll try to keep you updated on progress.....
whooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo

Thanks Everyone

Nicci xxxxxxxxxx
Godders1971
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi angelcake....just thought I'd let you know it's all change!!! Hospital in Torquay only does open so it looks like it's the Nuffield....making THE call tomorrow...so how quick was it between making appointment to see the consultant to actually having the op?....hope everything is going ok so far with beanie xx
Godders1971
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations nicci....hope everything goes ok x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Good luck hunni xx
NikkiandJoe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:01 pm 
Post subject: Reversal at young age!
Louise, sorry its been a few months wonder if you'll see this. Im 23 and had my tubes cut during my 3rd section aged just 21! My partner of 4 years had left me and i was signed off work for depression but the NHS still let me go ahead with a tubal under the thought that I would be irresponsible to have another baby. They made up lies about heavy blood loss during my second c sec, ive since seen my medical records, and it was borderline blood loss but apparently it was normal considering id been laboring for 3 days my contractions had caused the blood to flow heavily, these factors werent taken into account, my 3rd baby i lost LESS blood, but they didnt think about that.

I tried making a complaint and i didnt get very far, i had meetings with the medical professionals and because id signed the form without them actually goading me into it i didnt have a leg to stand on!

Well now im faced with what to do, reversal or IVF, ive got no idea, i desperately want another baby in a couple of years with my new husband who has none of his own children. Seems im not the only person this happens to! Any advice would be greatly welcomed xx
Godders1971
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Nikkiandjoe!!!....kinda know where you're coming from...I was high as a kite on Prozac when I decided to go for the sterilisation...but when my ex wanted to go for the snip he got counselling!!! (he'd had 5 kids....plus there were at least 4 other pregnancies by his other women that didn't progress...) he decided he didn't want the snip because he didn't (and I quote) "want no needles around my balls"...he was given the option of a general and still he refused!!!....I was in an abusive relationship (which the docs knew about) and on antidepressants as a result and still they let me go ahead with the sterilisation.....they had all my medical history and I feel that they let me down and allowed me to make a decision that actually I wasn't of sound enough mind to make....it's our word against them.....
NikkiandJoe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Godders thats bad! we supposed to be able to trust them, but the professionals always let us down! I just feel they judged me as a young mum as i was 15 when i had my first, 21 when i had 3rd and just thought, yea give her the sterilisation to stop her producing more. They didnt think to actually see that although i was a young mum, i was a good mum, but thats them, statistics and profit over people and feelings! x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
Nikki there are a lot of women on here in similar circumstances Sad The good thing is you have time on your side , If you had IVF the chances are good that it would work at your age , with the reversal a lot depends on the method used to steralise you in the first place and if it's done during sections they tend to take more of the tube away Confused
A lot of IVF clinics are crying out for egg donors which you have to be under 35 to do, but if you were willing to share some of your eggs you can get IVF for very minimal cost .
I had my sterilisation during my 3rd section after having the consent form shoved in my hand while being prepped for theatre, no upfront discussion or anything, I'd never even met the doc before that night and regretted it straight away but still couldn't get a reversal on the NHS (my original op was done in germany while my OH was in the forces) it seems like they just point blank refuse and theres not a lot you can do but appeal which can take ages Confused
As you have some time I'd say the best thing to do would be to do some research, get hold of your op notes so you can find out how it was done and what the chances of a successful reversal are , maybe get some other checks done for you and your new partner to see if natural conception would be the best way or if IVF might be necessary anyway ( it would be terrible to spend thousands on reversal only to find your new OH had a low sperm count ) and then make a decision from there and if you have any questions there are loads of us in getting pregnant after sterilisation who would be willing to answer them xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular