ivf or sterilisation reversal? help please, im going mad! x

NikkiandJoe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi nat, when I'd had the 3rd section I asked if they wanted to take any eggs for donation anyway as it's something I'd love to do for someone else, I'm lucky that apart from this bad decision that was made to get me sterilised, I'm usually extremely fertile!

Thank you so much for the advice about the egg sharing as money is tight for us what with having 3 children and being half way through a degree student life is difficult lol, obviously we want to wait until degree done but I'm still going to leave uni with mountains of debt! So any savings are good for us

Will keep you all updated when I find out something new or interesting to share with you all good luck to all you lovely ladies xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Nikki I was extremely fertile before being sterilised I got pregnant 4 times on the pill Rolling Eyes Laughing but since my reversal it's now been a year with no pregnancy Rolling Eyes some ladies do fall quickly but for others they find it takes a long time or just doesn't happen at all , not trying to sway you towards IVF but being sterilised does seem to affect your fertility and at least with IVF you know the sperm and egg are going to meet , for me the worst thing about not getting pregnant yet is not knowing if it ever will happen or if there's a problem Confused Like you say you've got plenty of time to make a decision either way and for the ladies who have had successful reversals the lenght of time they were sterilised for didn't seem to make a difference, good luck with the degreexx
corbinsgirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:43 pm 
Post subject: sterilisation reversal
hi was just wondering if anyone as heard if anyone has had there sterilisation reversed by jonathan west in Exeter as we are between him where it is more local to us,i asked what the success rate was and was told it depends on the individual ,or dr pickles in Nottingham which is a lot further but his success rate is like 75% if anyone could help that would be great
Faith7
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:47 am 
Post subject:
Corbinsgirl, i was sterilised in 2004 and in 2011 and 2012 I had to go of IVF with very good fertilisation but in both times I had bfn and it was devastating after so much effort and money so we made the devotion to go for the reversal as my clock wast ticking ( 39 years old then) so we went with Dr Pickle and my op was on Sep 2013 and by Dec 2013 I had my BFP and now we are 21 weeks pregnangt, so for me was the right choice Smile
Wishing you the best of luck and a happy ending BFP Smile xxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular