Taking the Pill if i could be pregnant

catty552
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 am 
Post subject: Taking the Pill if i could be pregnant
Hi Ladies,
I was hoping for some advice as i'm clueless on what's best to do. I started my pill late this month and i have been sexually active. I have some pregnancy symptoms which could be nothing but they may not be. Do i continue taking my pill as i'm probably not pregnant and just paranoid or do i stop taking it in case i am and i cause the baby damage?

Thanks in advance
Cat
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
It's not advised to take the pill whilst pregnant, however in my last pregnancy i did up until 13 1/2 weeks as I didn't realise I was pregnant, my son was fine , but it was the mini pill and the effects are less for boy babies anyway, with girls it can cause genital abnormalities Question If you are pregnant a test will still work , and if it's only a few weeks then the chances are it would have no effect to carry on taking the pill, I've actually gotten pregnant 4 times on the pill in total and the other 3 I only realised when i had my break and had no bleed Question and never had any problems from it, you could stop it though and use condoms until you get a bleed though ,and then carry on as normal Question xx
Dragonfly69
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:34 am 
Post subject:
Wow! never heard of so many pregnancy on the pill.. 4 times.. It took me a while to get prego after i got off the pill, 1yr 1/2 to have my first and then a condom break made my second.. Lucky you! now i just want a third Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:22 am 
Post subject:
I do often wonder if the pill makes me more fertile somehow Shocked Question and it wasn't always lucky at the time , in fact a couple of time the timing couldn't have been worse Rolling Eyes Laughing but this time I haven't been on contraception for over 10yrs and it's been 2 yrs of TTC with no BFP Sad FX you're not waiting long xxx
baby34
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 am 
Post subject: i think i am
I was on the injection august but didn when for the next shot 3 months later I didn feel so good I had sex everyday one morning I dudn feel good throwing up and my hubby so I took a pregnant test it came out positive a week after that. I took one more and it came out negative I never had my period after my last injection can I be plz help me Confused
baby34
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:28 am 
Post subject: i think i am
I was on the injection august but didn when for the next shot 3 months later I didn feel so good I had sex everyday one morning I dudn feel good throwing up and my hubby so I took a pregnant test it came out positive a week after that. I took one more and it came out negative I never had my period after my last injection can I be plz help me Confused
dessydell
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
The birth control pill prevents a pregnancy by preventing ovulation, and without ovulating you cannot get pregnant. You need to ovulate if you want to get pregnant. So if you are on the birth control pill, the first step in trying to get pregnant is to stop the pill. Preferably, if you want to get pregnant and you have been on the pill, you wait until the end of the birth control pill pack and then just don't start with the new pack.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular