Help!

EmmG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am 
Post subject: Help!
My siser had her her son at 24 weeks! Weighing 1lb 8oz on boxing day. He is now 6mnths old (10 wks). He started on a few solidslast week. Which he seems to be coping well with.
But he has not been taking his bottles for 3 days or so just 50mls here and there!
Claire changed his milk a few wks ago from his perscription milk has advised from his consultant.
Do you think he doesn't like his milk?
She spoke to her health visitor but she doesn't really know what to sugest!
My sis is worried hes not having his milk!

Xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun, i wouldnt really know what to suggest apart from trying to offer baby little and often , but i wanted to give a little reassurance as i was born premature back in 1978 and i weighed 1 lb 11 oz, i was born at 29+3days gestation, i was in hospital until i was 6months old weighing 5 lbs 4 oz, im now 32yrs old, no health problems, no dissorders and a mother to 3 gorgeous children aged 12yrs, 10yrs and 31mths...so i just wanted to message and reassure that although baby is so tiny right now and everything is a worry and concern, im sure everything will be fine. Maybe try a different formula and see if that works xxxx
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 am 
Post subject:
Wow! That is fantastic. Its great to hear stories like tha! Isaac spent 116 days in hospital. He is now 11lb 3oz.
Claire changed his milk yesterday to SMA so she will see how he gets on with that.
Its worrying with a full term baby but with a prem baby she has noone really to turn to for support!
Thank you for your reply xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
what prescription milk was he one.

i didnt change georgias prescription milk till she was well on solids so she changed over well onto the new milk as she wasnt having that much anyway.

EmmG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Nutri Prem 1 I think x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Was an option between nutriprem or infatrini. Georgia was put on infatrini.

I Was advised 2 wean her off the milk so i replaced a bottle at a time till all her bottles were cows milk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular