Thrush

debs8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:19 pm 
Post subject: Thrush
Can anyone give me advice. I am 8 weeks pregnant and have thrush. The pharmacist said i can use caneston pessary but i just need to know if this is safe? Please can anyone help today as i need to get rid of this itching.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
Arr you poor thing, I dont know about the caneston. Check the leaflet inside the box if it doesnt say anything about pregnant women and the pharmasist said its alright, i would say it was ok. Or ring your midwife or doctors quickly and double check with them xx
debs8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:45 pm 
Post subject: thrush
Hi, thanks for replying. My doctor is not available to talk to and i dont have an allocated midwife yet. I'm sure it will be ok as the pharmacist said so but i just want to be sure as this is my first baby.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
Does it come with an applicator??? ive never had thrush but i looked it up on google and they seem to say avoid using the applicator while pregnant.

Is it a cream or tablet? x
mrswolfbane
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
ive had thrush constantly and had to use the pessary aswell as the cream infact i ahd to use the pessary only last week

u dont push the applicator all the way up only a little way.
debs8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:30 pm 
thanks mrs wolfbane,

i will happily use it now and take your advice not to push it too far.

debs
debs8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:31 pm 
Its a table which you push up with a stick. bit like a tampax.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
yeah, try and use your finger or like Mrs Wolfbane said dont push it up too far xx
debs8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 pm 
Hi guys

used it last night and dont appear to have any side effects yet. Now just the confounded itching. I am using the cream for that. My boss is wondering why i'm rocking in my chair from time to time. Ha Ha. Thanks for all the advice and will let you know how i get on. debs xxx
mrswolfbane
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
ooo i forgot make sure ur partner of u have one uses the cream for 2 weeks 2 if u have had any sexual contact since u may have gotten thrush as he will just pass it back to u thats what happened with me and my partner and it just keeps coming back to a while to figure out why lol.
cardea
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:58 pm 
I think that it is fine for you to use the cream externally, adn i am sure the pessary is fine to. I used to clean hte itchy area with cotton wool soaked in water with a few drops of tea tree oil. Also eating lots of live yoghurt is good for you as well . ( If it gets as bad as mine did, i would advise you to hide the brillo pads....they were looking rather tempting to use at 4am one morning ! )
debs8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:32 am 
Yes my partner has been very good about using the cream. He is very considerate.

I also found that when i had a bath last night that i put nothing in it exept a few handfuls of salt. What a difference! I think it heals the itching skin because i woke up this morning not wanting to use my sandpaper so it must be good.
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
SALT WATER DEFINATELY WORKS!!! when i went on holidays to greece last august me and my partner both had thrush, and had it for about 2-3months, we used oral pills, the cream and i used the pessary, and still we had it.

when we were on hols and went into the sea i felt slight stinging as the salty water was so strong, he didn't though. but the good news is we havent had thrush since, im convinced it was the saly sea water!!!!

hope this helps
kimberley.
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
also have been told that if you dip a tampon in natural yogurt (no flavouring or anything) and use that, it a really effective way to get rid of thrush.

i've never tried it although my mum, and my partners mum both said they have and others have used it and is really effective.

i think when ur desperate to get rid of it you'd try anything! anyone else herd of this or done it before???

again, hope it helps although the salt in bath thing is probably easier!!!

kimberley
cardea
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:20 pm 
Post subject: natural yoghurt
Hi, yes my mum uses natural yoghurt on a tampon and swears by it. When i was quite young ( 19 ) i took her advice and off i went to the supermarket. I told her a few days later that it had been quite successful if not a little messy. When she asked which brand i used, i told her marks and spencers live yoghut - strawberry flavour ! . She thought it was hysterical - and i felt like a bit of a fool ! Now i only use plain live yoghurt and save the strawberry for eating ! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular