Need recipes/meal ideas desperately!

lucexmummy2ollie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:46 pm 
Post subject: Need recipes/meal ideas desperately!
Hey everyone,

I am just about to move into a flat from my mums house with my 8 month old son. I have recently started him on the stage 2 baby food (mashed) and am also mashing him up some of our own food.

I haven't had much cooking experience as I have been living with my mum up until now but when we move out I want to be able to cook meals for myself and my son so I will no longer need to give him jars.

Does anybody have any (not too advanced) recipes that are yummy but also fine for an 8 month old to have mashed up? Would be greatly appreciated so that I do not have to live off noodles!

Thanks in advance xx
Kaelee
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
hi have you thought about basic things like mash peas chicken or sausage meat in gravy and yourshires just try things out mix and match hope it helps
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
Get a book hun, the annabel karmel family meal planner is good, also if you join sainsburys baby club online they send you recipe cards every now and then, I found some of them good.
As long as your cooking fresh baby can have exactly what your having just dont add any salt to your cooking and if your do use jars, ready made things check the salt content. x x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
My cooking skills are quite basic and revolve around, spag bol, lasagna, and shepherds pie!

really easy stuff you can do, is things like cheese and potato pie. boil some potatos and onions, mash, add in grated cheese, put in an ovenproof dish, add some more grated cheese on top and if you like slices of tomato, put in the oven until browned, serve with salad or veg.

corned beef has, there are many varients if you look online, but the basic is mash with some corned beef mixed in. or one i like is get an ovenproof dish, layer onions, tomatoes, corned beef and mashed potato, put in oven until browned.

my latest easy fave is philadelphia chicken and sweetcorn pasta. cut some chicken breast into chunks, brown off in a large frying pan/wok, add a tin of sweetcorn, and about 100g of philadelphia (thats how much i use for me and Sam), stir until the philadelphia has melted, serve over pasta.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular