Rome in November

KaBum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:59 pm 
Post subject: Rome in November
Has anyone been? We are thinking of going, despite the fact that the weather *might* be bad. So was wondering if anyone has been, particularly at that time of year?

We went to Athens in November 2008 and were informed by most sources that the weather would be naff but it wasn't, it was lovely!

Aside from anything else, its the only time when can get annual leave together, and its very much cheaper at that time of year!

Cheers in advance
chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't been but i would love to go to Italy. Even if it pisses it down its not going to ruin your hoiliday, there will be lots to see and do. I say go for it, you both deserve some time away together Smile xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
I lived in Rome for a while, my DH was living in Rome over the winter period. I will check with him as to what the weather was like November time. It is not a busy as the spring/summer months, which is when i have spent most of my time there. If you need any information let me know, have not been since last August so things could have changed. We go every year as we love it as with any city it does have it down side. I love shopping, drinking and sight seeing (in that order!).
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Exactly my thoughts Christine, we live in England, we are rain experts!!

Fantastic Banoffee, I look forward to your reply then.

We want to go and do all the touristy, sightseeing bits. If there are any hotels, restaurants etc that you can recommend too that would be great Very Happy
Caz3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
I love Rome, it's my favorite europeon city. I used to be cabin crew before I got married, and would request a Rome trip often. It's a beautiful place, food is delicious & shopping is great! ( brought so many shoes there Laughing ) lots to see in the city - 'trivie fountain' (sp?!) - beautiful, the Spanish steps, colosseum, plus lots more.. Have a google. I never actually went in November though! But I'd go back there for sure given half the chance - not quite the same with nearly 4 kids though Laughing have Fun x
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Caz3 wrote:
I love Rome, it's my favorite europeon city. I used to be cabin crew before I got married, and would request a Rome trip often. It's a beautiful place, food is delicious & shopping is great! ( brought so many shoes there Laughing ) lots to see in the city - 'trivie fountain' (sp?!) - beautiful, the Spanish steps, colosseum, plus lots more.. Have a google. I never actually went in November though! But I'd go back there for sure given half the chance - not quite the same with nearly 4 kids though Laughing have Fun x

Did you ever go to the beach just a train ride away in summer, its was quite nice and good to get away from the city especially if you have children!!!
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
Ok lets start with transport_

Are you landing at Ciampino or Fumicino airport? Let me know as i can help make getting from the airport to the centre as easy as possible.

When travelling my public transport/tube/train/bus etc remember to stamp your ticket via the yellow ticket machines first to validate them. If you don't you will get a fine! You can buy a book of tickets for tube/bus they will last for 75 minutes from validating. They used to cost a Euro per ticket, i cannot remember the proper name for these (baby brain!) so i will come back to you!

Ok my monkey is crying so i will get back on with more info on sights etc...
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:51 pm 
Post subject:
Banoffee wrote:
Caz3 wrote:

Did you ever go to the beach just a train ride away in summer, its was quite nice and good to get away from the city especially if you have children!!!

Never managed to get to the beach!!! Sad we were only there for 24 hours each time & we stayed at the airport - I just made a dash for the city! Maybe one day when the kids are older we can all go there together Very Happy x
KCAL
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
It's beautiful there. We got marrried in Rome on the 10 sept 2007. We got a blessing from the pope aswell. Brilliant day we had. It was very hot around 28degrees. Not too sure what it will be like in november, nice i bet. Loads to see you will be AMAZED. We got to the beach on a train thanks a lady we got very friendly with, she took us to the beach and other amazing sights Razz we're still in touch and good friends. We stayed at the Kennedy hotel it's very near the Termini bus station, 5mins walk. Not very posh but nice, spacious and clean and not too pricey. You can get a hop on hop off bus that takes you to all the sights from the Termini station. We went all round first to see the sights from the bus then stayed on again to hop off at where we decided to visit. Night time bus too when everything is all light up, Brilliant! Hope to go back there again sometime soon. There's loads of restaurants and shops.
Ps.. when you go to the Colosseum there is a beautiful park just across the road (cross at the zebra crossing) traffic is a bit wild all over Rome. The park is big and up a bit of a slope, if the weathers good it's nice to chill there with a Cornetto 'lol' Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular