Bleeding at 14 weeks

Cecil
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:00 pm 
Post subject: Bleeding at 14 weeks
Hi,
I've had some bleeding a couple of hours ago (brownish discharge, not heavy). I'm very worried. I had some bleeding before (in week 12), the first time a heavy one-off discharge (watery pink) and next day a bit of bright red. I had an scan first time, which showed the baby was fine (I was extremely happy to see him/her moving and with a strong heart beat). Then I had a check up appointment second time for a scan a few days later. Everything was fine again.
But more than a week after that (today) I had this brownish bleeding. Today it was an stressful day at work and I was sitting for long hours. I don't know if that had something to do with it.
Doctors really don't know what it could be. One of them (at emergency) told me to keep my normal working rutine and I had no need to rest. Another doctor told me not to go to work and rest for a few days (which I finally did).
But know, I don't know what to do. Doctors say that if I had cramps or/and heavy bleeding I should go to emergency at the hospital. I don't have much abdominal pain, just a bit of discomfort wich gets releived if I lay down.
Does anyone have any clue what the reason for bleeding could be? Could it be because of sitting for long hours? Or standing? Or stress?
Please let me know if this has happened to you...
Foggiest
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
Can't really say what the reason for your bleeding would be, but i just got back from the hospital this morning for a check up as i have been bleeding lightly for 4 days now, i'm 15 weeks. Discovered while i was there that i have an abrasion on my cervix due to a loop diathermy i had 3 half years ago, so unfortunately i could bleed lightly throughout my whole pregnancy, but i guess i can stop worrying about it now.
When i fist rang the midwife they said just to moniter it, but ring back later if i was still worried, i did and they got me in for an appointment the next day, which obviously turned out fine.
I think if you are worried speak to your midwife and go and see them, that's the advice i was given and i'm glad i did. I think they have to see you if are concerned. My sister also told me of a friend she had who bled heavily throughout her whole pregnancy and everything was fine, i guess everyone is different.
I hope you are ok x
Cecil
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:34 am 
Post subject: Bleeding stopped at week 15
Thanks for your comments.
Thankfully my bleeding (more of a brownish discharge) stopped a few days ago. I'm feeling great as the mild pain in my lower back also dissapeared.
I still don't know why I was bleeding... the important thing is that I'm feeling well now.
I didn't go to hospital as I was told to go only if the bleeding was heavy or if I had bad pain.
I'm looking forward to my next ultrasound appointment to confirm everything is going well. That is in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes,
Cecil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular