Bath Tme Problems!!

darling
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 pm 
Post subject: Bath Tme Problems!!
I'm having a really hard time bathing my 6 month old baby, he can't sit up yet and when i put him in the tub all he wants to do is flip over on his belly and even do the water is not deep he moves so much is hard for me to controll him. He don't want to lay on his back anymore and smooches his face all over the bottom and it's a very hard surface. I'm also 4 months pregnat ( I know way too soon) so it also hard to bend over and hold him while trying to wash him.
Any advice?
Cublet
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Babies can be like slippery eels in the bath, can't they!! My daughter is 9 months, and she won't sit still in the bath either...I did a stupid thing one night by holding her up (she loves being held and standing on her feet) so now she just wants to be held up to touch the tiles all the time!
AskBaby8795
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:37 pm 
Post subject: Slippery babies
Hi, I did have that problem with my daughter at one point but soon put an end to it with a rubber mat in the bottom of the bath, you can get a cheap one from Tesco for around a pound, she can even stand up with out slipping.
E.Nutkins
tj79
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:49 pm 
Post subject: Re: Bath Tme Problems!!
darling wrote:
I'm having a really hard time bathing my 6 month old baby, he can't sit up yet and when i put him in the tub all he wants to do is flip over on his belly and even do the water is not deep he moves so much is hard for me to controll him. He don't want to lay on his back anymore and smooches his face all over the bottom and it's a very hard surface. I'm also 4 months pregnat ( I know way too soon) so it also hard to bend over and hold him while trying to wash him.
Any advice?

Have you tried a bath seat? If he can sit up when supported it may work. They stick to the floor of the bath, little suction cups on the base of them, then you can just pop your lo in and they can splash away.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject:
yer i had the same problem with my daughter and i used a bath seat - much easier for you and baby.

Beck4
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:16 pm 
Post subject: Bath seats
Hi there
Just to say, that my 9 month old daughter has taken to throwing herself backwards in the bath. Can not recommend the swivel bathseat enough - we got ours from Tesco's and not only saves my back, but i know she is safer than when i hold her, especially after the soap goes on! Enjoy
NZMama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi, the bath seats sound good! also if your having trouble bending, do you have a large kitchen sink to bath him in? My Sis bathed her son in the sink till he was 2yrs old, or a girlfriend used to put her babybath/plastic tub on a towel on a bench. Good luck Smile
Loobylou
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I had the same problem so i bought the Fold Away Bath Seat by Dream Baby from Amazon. Its a seat with suction pads on the bottom to stop the seat from moving in the bath, and the front opens to allow baby to get in and out easy. Its one of the best buys I have ever done!!!! My little girl can now sit in the bath and play without moving around too much, I have both hands free to play along its great, well worth it!!

Louise xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular