February 2012 :)

Lostinspace
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
I've recieved my nuchal scan results today and they are looking good, don't really understand the medical jargon but the numbers I do. The backround risk is 1:1067 and adjusted risk is 1:596, although this is low risk I take it thats about right then? My first baby was 6 weeks early and the 2nd was was 4 days early and the third one was 3 days early. I had thought about the leap year and OH said would be cheaper b-day wise, cheeky sod. Not feeling sick half as much and tiredness still not too bad as with the moods. Belly sticking out so only a matter of time people will really know I have a bubba bump. Starting to feel a little more energetic than I have so that's all good. How are you all doing/feeling?
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone

hows everyone doing?
i feel really good apart from the odd ache and pains now and again

ive hired a doppler from ebay today my neighbour who is 10 days ahead of me gave me a try
there not as sensitive as the midwife's but you can hear the baby heart beat......
its 10.00 for 4 week just give you a bit of assurance as i have my scan in 19 days then i dont see my midwife until im 28 weeks so it eases my mind a bit

love to you all xx Love AskBaby
Lostinspace
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
so how do you know it's the bubs heartbeart your picking up and not your own? I have never used one in the past but am thinking about it....... I have second midwifes appointment in 2 weeks and hoping to hear the heartbeat for the 1st time then...... Was feeling really good but this dizziness is getting the better of me at the mo and its not good. Had a rubbish day today full of headache on top of the dizziness that I have had bad for about a week now and to top it off had my first time of actually being sick this pregnancy. Sorry don't want to rant or moan but that's what we do with reason to.
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:03 am 
Post subject:
hi

well you just place it just above your bikini line and you can hear it you just have to move it around it to find it its like a whooshing thats the placenta and the baby heart beat is fast and sounds like a train its much faster than ours so you can tell
good luck at the midwife's
looby82
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls hope you ok, i'm fine, not feeling as tired past few weeks! had midwife on friday, was only 15 and half weeks so she didnt listen for heartbeat, will be good to get to 20 week scan a month tomorrow and see baby again! as i had emergency caesarean with amelia (after 23 hours of labour!) i have an appt with a consultant at 21 weeks. then midwife like you other mummies who've already had a baby, at 28 weeks, long time away!

we going to leave the nursery as it is for baby and just before due will move amelia into her new room which we will prob decorate in the new year, and get her a proper bed etc! exciting!

take care xxx

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,
Can I join in too Very Happy
I am due 22nd Feb 2012. It was been a long journey to get to this stage, 2 years ttc then 2 M/C's then diagnosed with sticky blood but looking on the bright side I am 17 weeks today and apart from feeling rather round and having a a few toilet issues we are doing good.
How is every one else? Are you sporting little bumps? I had 3 complements this week on how lush my little bump looked Smile Smile Smile
Take Care
Lostinspace
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:58 am 
Post subject:
Welcome to feb mummies to be...... I'm sporting a little bump now too, felt flutters also over last couple of weeks and I'm sure last night I felt more than a flutter. Got 2nd midwife appointment next week so not sure if we will get to hear a heartbeat yet or not.... I have my scan booked for the 17th october, hoping to find out sex of baby Smile and seeing consultant on the 19th oct, due to previous strpe B.
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, girls! Good to see everyones doing ok and some of you are now feeling movements...how lucky! Im still waiting to feel the babies kick, even though we are over 18 weeks now ( although the hospital did warn me I probably wouldnt feel any until about 20 weeks because of the position of the placenta - placenta previa Confused ) I will just have to take it easy and wait until they are ready to be active!

I may also be leaving Feb mums and moving to Jan mums as the consultant is saying he expects my delivery date to be between 34-38 weeks with it being twins Smile I will know more when we go for our 20 week scan in 12 days but until then I will keep popping in to see how youre all doing Smile
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
I had my second midwifes appointment today, last one was 6 weeks ago and next one is booked for 8 weeks time, by which I will be 25 weeks. Can/do they leave you that long these days? All of my bloods have come back normal or negative, which is what we expected. Midwife told me to lay down so she can listen for the heart beat, was so made up she said she will. The little jelly bean has a heart beat of 148BPM Very Happy Very Happy

So who believes the myths on the heart beat theory?
I have done the chinese gender tests and they all have said baby will be a girl which also coincides with what they say about the pace of the HB too. Chinese gender tests were correct with my previous 3 pregnancies........

So not much else to say about how its going, other than the mf not really saying much or wanting to chat. Very Happy
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone

had my 20 week scan today and every thing is great no problems so we are really pleased about that Very Happy
and the exciting news is were having a GIRL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
so shopping for loads of pink stuff
hows every getting on ?

xxx bye for now ladies xxx
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
Lovely news Donna. Enjoy yr shopping Smile. We've got our 20 week scan tomorrow and cant wait to find out for sure what we are having! Very Happy
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:33 am 
Post subject:
Cannot believe how quick scan time has come around already. I'm an eager beaver and wishing the next few weeks away..... Good news Donna about having a girl. Any movements yet from the twins komolafe, and good luck with the scan?
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 am 
Post subject:
hi
good luck with the scan tomorrow for the twins wouldn't it be lovely if you had one of each
but as long as there ok that's all that matters...
not long now Sarah for your scan it will fly by
just think Christmas week we will be 32 weeks with big belly's who cant bend down to put the turkey in the oven lol
good luck for your scans everyone
love to you all Love
sheore
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi how is e1?

R u all start 2 feel those kicks?
I have been feeling bubbles since 14 weeks which is great as I didn't feel Thomas until around about my 20 week scan.
Had a busy time at 16 weeks with an appoinment with the consultant, midwife and a GLT but it did mean I heard the heartbeat twice in a week Very Happy Smile and my GLT was ok Very Happy Very Happy
Got scan on friday but not going to find out sex and then it will be a busy week at 25 weeks with a midwife appointment, another GLT and my little boys 2nd b'day.

Hope everyones scans go well
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls! The scan did confirm we are having a prince + a princess Clap Clap Clap

So excited now its confirmed. Lots of names to consider and pink AND blue things to buy! Only felt little flutters but thats to be expected with twins apparently Very Happy. Has anyone decided what date you will start maternity leave-how many weeks will you be?

Enjoy feeling yr kicks an flutters girls x Very Happy
Page 4 of 7

Jump to:  

Community

Popular