February 2012 :)

Lostinspace
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:14 am 
Post subject:
Feeling more than the flutters but still not quite proper kicks, but I doubt it will be long now Smile As For the maternity leave I dont have to consider that. My partner works full time and I am a home mummy just now. I would say if your thinking about maternity leave then about xmas time will be sounding about right. I'm looking at going back to work when jelly bean is about 5 months old. 16 more days until we have our scan, keeping busy in hope time will fly.

Any of you experiancing aching hips if you have had a day on ur feet? I have been suffering a bit there.......

Hope all of you other lovely ladies are ok.
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:33 am 
Post subject:
hello, feeling the odd flutter but not loads yet, amelia didnt move that much at this stage though either! scan on 13th oct then consultant 18th. yes on second babies you dont get many midwife appts do you! if wasnt under consultant care would not see anyone now till 5th dec.

i work part time, two days a week, will try and go to about a fortnight before baby due before starting maternity so have longer off afterwards, took the full year with amelia then with holidays ended up not going back till amelia was just over 13 months so was lovely having that time together so will be nice to try and do that again! could even try and save this year hols for my last couple of weeks and start maternity on due date! (28th feb).

gave amelia an early christmas present yesterday - a play kitchen! miele gourmet international, it's fab, she loves it!!

the time is flying by this time with already having amelia to take my time up and mind off things hehe!

take care everyone xxx

Lostinspace
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:52 am 
Post subject:
Hows everyone getting on? All good my way feel so much more movent from jellybean and lucky OH was rubbing my belly in bed last night and he felt 3 movements for the first time. He was made up by this and said it was a weird feeling, bless him. So got woke up this morning with a ding dong from the post lady with jelly beans changing mat, now waiting in for the day for a delivery from kiddiecare to deliver the steraliser and babybath. Can't believe how cheap the kiddiecare website is and not to mention the free next day delivery on any order. 10 more days until the scan and getting really excited about that.
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all!

Im having another really good day...had a few more flutters over the last few days but nothing major. The sonographer was amazed I couldnt feel them moving as they were so active on the scan Laughing We have got almost everything we need now except the car seats and cot beds. Can anyone recommend a good easy to use car seat (where the base is left in the car) Good quality, but good value with having to buy 2 ! I have provisionally set my start date for Mat leave as 16th December so just counting down the weeks now Laughing

Everyone else doing ok and been out shopping?? x
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:18 am 
Post subject:
I've been on a mad rush to suddenly get shopping done, OH can't see what the rush is. I'm aware xmas is fast approaching and needing to buy baby stuff too. Don't want to leave anything until the last minute if I have anything to do with it Smile. komolafe as for the baby car seats your best to shop around as they can really vary in shops price wise. Places like toys r us, argos, halfords are all good atarting points. As for reccomending one I can't help there. Glad all going well for you so far. xx
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:49 am 
Post subject:
sarahwoods83 wrote:
I've been on a mad rush to suddenly get shopping done, OH can't see what the rush is. I'm aware xmas is fast approaching and needing to buy baby stuff too. Don't want to leave anything until the last minute if I have anything to do with it Smile. komolafe as for the baby car seats your best to shop around as they can really vary in shops price wise. Places like toys r us, argos, halfords are all good atarting points. As for reccomending one I can't help there. Glad all going well for you so far. xx

I know what you mean about avoiding the xmas rush thats why I've done so much already. Cant stand the thought of not finding parking spaces and crowded shops etc. At this rate we will all be sorted by November Very Happy

I will have a look at car seats in the next few weeks too..thanks for that Sarah x
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:47 am 
Post subject:
mothercare seem to have car seats on offer too at the moment. Wow what a night barely slept a wink as hip playing me up, couldnt get comfy and jelly bean was having a good old fidget. I'm soo tired this morning and fed up with the lack of sleep Sad so only 9 more days until the scan and 11 more days until we see the consultant. Can't believe it's just flying by now. I think at this rate i'm gonna end up doing a lot of my xmas shopping online as walking too far is killing me.
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Aww you poor thing. I dread if I start getting aching hips and joints! So far so good for me most days apart from disturbed sleep when i keep needing to pee Shocked ( I must be waking about 5 times each night at the moment!)

I have my next midwife appointment next week, so get to hear the heartbeats again Very Happy I never would have thought my own pregnancy could go so fast Smile
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
My hip aint great anyway as I had some bone removed from it when I was 13, I was born with a hair lip so they took the bone to re build my pallet. Pregnancy means with the extra weight I struggle with it. I only have to be walking about for about 20 mins and I know about it Sad
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
poor things with achey hips, mine have been bit achey but with first pregnancy got really bad from bout 6 month so not looking forward to that! think it is sciatica as get shooting pains in hip, bum cheek and top of leg.

had second scan today! went really well, all measurements etc look good, baby moving loads! was brill! left the sex a surprise!

komolafe we had the maxi-cosi car seat with amelia and will re-use with this baby, we absolutely loved it, it is one of the safest you can get and looked so comfy. it fit on our pram base as well which was handy for just nipping out car into shops or whatever. dont know if they do that for double buggys though! so excited for you having two babies!

xxx

Lostinspace
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:32 am 
Post subject:
Glad your scan went well looby. I'm waiting for my scan on monday coming and were so excited. I'm just a little worried that we wont be able to find out the sex. xx
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Not posted for a while, had my scan on the 30th september and all was ok. Been busy looking after father in law as he had a new knee on the same day as the scan.
OH felt bubbles kick the other night but bubbles spends alot of time near the front.

Gonna pack up work at xmas as I would like to spend some time with Thomas before bubbles arrives.

Not got much to buy, just replace a couple of items as still have all Thomas's things and quiet a bit is neutral. Instaed of buying for the baby we are buying things for Thomas like a single bed, and light weight stroller.

We have the graco car chair and base, got this with the pushchair although I know they sell it seperate. It is quite easy to wash and easy to use. I think most of them are quite simalar and in terms of safety have to meet a certain standard to be sold. I would reccomend going to mothercare / toys r us and finding one you like then see if you can get it cheaper online. We saved loads of money doing this last time including 140 of the travel system.
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:22 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone
how every doing?
i feel great baby is kicking my insides out which is fantastic to feel just wish she would not do it when im in bed as shes keeping me a wake already lol she was moving around that fast the other day i had heart palpitations any one else had these?

i have only pram and cot to buy plus stuff for me for my hospital bag but going to wait until after xmas as i am now getting the kids presents as the lists have been done lol

take care lovely ladies any one got any names yet?

Thumb up Thumbs up
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all, good to see we are all coping well Very Happy ( apart from being kept away with kicks but Im sure we dont really mind them do we Laughing )

I got my car seats today (or my sister did cos she has been kind enough to insist on paying for them Very Happy ) Just got the cots and mattresses to order and my lovely big brother is buying them....hope i dont sound smug.....but how lucky am I having such a lovely brother and sister Clap

As for names, we really dont have anything in mind yet. Not even names to go on a list to consider so we will have to do some serious thinking. My friend just had a little boy called Luke and we did like that but dont feel we could choose that now! Rolling Eyes

Think I like Olivia for a girl but that is a long way from being discussed yet alone confirmed by my OH Laughing

enjoy the rest of your weekend girls x
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:55 am 
Post subject:
All well my way too, lots of kicks and lack of sleep. Off for our scan tomorrow and i'll be 21 weeks. Yey were so hoping to find out wht we are having. We only got crib, buggy and car seat to get then lots of clothes and whatever other smaller bits we need. We have names picked out Aiden james for a boy and Ellie jade for a girl. Good to see your all doing well. xx
Page 5 of 7

Jump to:  

Community

Popular