older mum

40mum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:01 pm 
Post subject: older mum
Hi everyone, i was wondering if there was any older woman pregnant for the first time. I am 40 years old, never had children and longing for a baby. I had a miss on the 10th january just gone. We are still trying to conceive and think we may be pregnant again. It hurts so much to see pregnant woman and mothers with new born babies, i want so much to have what they have. Please tell me this is a normal thing i am feeling and that i am not to old to start a family. Thank you Angela x
Jackz
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject: hi
Im not an older mum, but pregnant all the same!!

But no i dnt think u are to old to have a baby, i found out my friend who is 42 is pregnant and she and he partner are very please and im very happy for them both!!

I think about it this way, my grandma was 42 when she had my dad and if she had not had him, i wouldnt be here either!!

So good luck!!
Let us no how u get on!!!

Jackie

xxx
gingin
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:57 am 
Post subject:
i think the average age of women in england having babies is actually late 30's - its now very normal - I am 37-in my 12th wk- i'll be 38 when our baby arrives - I saw a doctor when we started trying 2 yrs ago and he said cos i'd been on the injection pill it could take 18 mths - my periods returned within 3 mths but we didnt conceive - i couldnt shake that the clock was ticking so after 1.5yrs got a second opinion, that female doctor actually was the opposite to the 1st dr and was keen to get me into a fertility clinic so we got all the help we needed - ironically we got the apptm thru but left england and then i conceived - ! you never notice pregnant women or young mums until its important to you - then they seem to be everywhere you look !! keeping my fingers crossed for you XX
Eled
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
I am 39 and will be 40 when babies arrive - so no you are not old!
MrsAngieMc
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:33 pm 
Post subject: Older Mum
Hi, I am 32 this April and have just had my 12 week scan for my 1st baby. We have been trying to conceive for 16 long months and had just started to think we may have to go for fertility treatment when I suddenly fell pregnant. I felt so low and frustrated only a couple of months ago and now I am on top of the world! We went to our GUM clinic in Sept time for STD testing, just to make sure that there were no nasty infections lurking and found out that my Hubby had urithritis. We both had pills to take and started trying to conceive again after two weeks. Two months down the line was my much awaited positive test and I really think the infection had something to do with it taking so long. It maybe a good idea if you have'nt already, to get checked out, just to make sure you're both in good health. Good luck! Good things come to those who wait! xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
I am 40 next week and 6 weeks pregnant - not without problems but you are definitely not too old my grandma had twins at 46 lol
Eled
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
that makes me feel better I must say!
bamabam
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:31 pm 
Post subject: older mum
Hi I am 5 weeks gone and 41 years old in 2 weeks time. I thought I would never get pregnant, but it only took two months of trying.
So you are never too old.
fingers crossed for you that all goes well. Never give up. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular