Sex after baby

Katiepillar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 am 
Post subject: Sex after baby
Hi ladies. Sorry for the TMI question, but was wondering when it is ok to have sex after having a baby?? I have read a few things that say 6 weeks and some that say it is ok when you stop bleeding. Bed is very much for sleeping at the moment..... but useful to know!

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:14 am 
Post subject:
They always used to say 6 weeks because you have your check then, but if you've not had stitches and feel up for it then when your ready should be fine, I know I haven't always waited that long, just be very careful if you do as you are very fertile after having a baby, my SIL found out she was pregnant when her second was 9 weeks old and she hadn't even had a proper period ,they'd only had sex once Shocked xx
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:50 am 
Post subject:
ive always been told just as soon as i feel ready Smile xxx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
I had stitches and was told they dissolve after 2 weeks so whenever you want after that.

for me it was 3 weeks, after id stopped bleeding, cos i wanted to get it over and done with, i felt the longer i left it the more scared i would be of it hurting

Katiepillar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:21 am 
Post subject:
thanks ladies. i hope seen as baby didn't come out that way then it wont hurt so bad! will have to be careful of the tummy stiches i guess. I am sooooo tired, but feel bad for DH!

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
Before baby was a week old I found myself on my knees in front of my OH, think we waited about 3 weeks to do the deed, but internal stitches were still a bit sore. We just don't do it often enough for my liking at the minute (mostly I only see OH at weekends and every other one we have 4 children between us), and by then I am exhausted and just looking forward to him doing the night feed for me.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
go for it as soon as you feel ready but - in order to relax properly (I can't stress this enough) MAKE SURE YOU ARE SUING PRECAUTIONS!!!!!! It is impossible to have good sex when all you can think is 'oh my god I could end up with 2 babies under a year old' lol.

have fun Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular