so gutted need some positive stories plz :(

annabell1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:57 pm 
Post subject: so gutted need some positive stories plz :(
Hi everyone ive been ttc without luck for years, i had 1 mc and 2 chemical pregnancies, i just thought it was down to a coincidence and pure bad luck, then i had an ectopic pregnancy and sadly lost a tube, when i came round from surgery my surgeon told me that my remaning tube was very scared,(i am devestated, the only good thing to come from it is that i presume ive found the problem that was causing all my m/c's, as my fertility doctor was rubbish and i think it would have taken him years to find the problem) my surgeon also said ive got a very high chance of another ectopic as my tube is scared something about the fertalized egg not being able to travel through my tube to reach my womb

I was just wondering if anyone else has been or knows someone or who is in the same situation and has managed to concieve naturally

And me and oh arnt trying but we arnt not trying (basically we are not charting only making love when we want to) should i be concerened about this leading to another ectopic im so confused and upset

sorry for the moan just feel totally gutted right now and dont know what to try next

xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:15 am 
Post subject:
I'm in a similar situation, I haven't had an ectopic but lost a tube during a tubal reversal due to damage , and have been ttc since with no luck and after a recent lap and dye was told my remaining tube is blocked with scarring Sad
Did your surgeon look inside the tube or run dye through or is he saying your scarring is all on the outside of the tube ? It can make a big difference . As for people being told their tubes were blocked and then conceiving there have been a few ladies this has happened to on the reversal forim, one has a baby due in a few weeks , she discovered she was pregnant just as she was about to do IVF , so a great outcome Smile but there have been others who've had ectopic pregnancies , it's very hard to say what will happen but at least if you do conceive they should be aware of the risk this time and be able to act sooner . Has anyone suggested IVF as an option or discussed whether you would get NHS treatment ? or even an op to try and remove the scar tissue , my surgeon wouldn't because of my reversal but I know some people have had tubes unblocked and conceived . I would think it would be worth asking your GP to refer you to a Gynae consultant to discuss your options at least and I really dont know if having scarring in your tubes would make you more likely to m/c or have chemical pregnancies as once the egg has reached the womb and implanted the state of the tubes shouldn't affect it Question It sounds like you have a lot of unanswered questions that a Gynae cons might be able to help with, Good luck xx
annabell1
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
hi nat thanx for the reply....it wasnt my doctor it was the surgeon who removed my ectopic and tube she told me my other tube was scared too dont know if they ment inside or out....i havnt had a lap and dye and i dont think its blocked just scared<i havnt got an appointment untill 6 months with my gyneo, but to be honest hes rubbish,i dont think im intitled to any ivf as i already have 1 child from a previous relationship who is 12, and we really cant afford private ivf so im a bit stuck as to what to do next to be honest

Im sorry for your loss, i know myself how hard it is cumming to terms with things we cant change Sad

How long have you been trying with only one tube?

Thank you for replying i hope you have more luck in the future hun Smile xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Hiya Annabell

sorry to hear about your ectopic..
I also had an ectopic Oct 2010 and lost my right tube..
I was told my left tube looked ok..
started ttc again December 2010 .. and got pregnant
in April 2011... had a m/c when I was 5.5 weeks though

I think scarring can be removed... its if its blocked its a problem..
as I have had some scarring removed from the left tube..as well xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:36 am 
Post subject:
I've been ttc since last august Annabell and after six months with nothing happening went to my GP and was referred to a Gynae cons who sent me for an HSG first, where they put dye throught your uterus into your tube under x-ray and there was no dye showing in my left tube or the stump of the right tube, so she advised a lap and dye to confirm if they were blocked and on that she saw dye spill from the stump of the right one (theres about 3 cms of it there and it was supposed to have been sealed ) but no spill from the left, got an appointment tomorrow for follow up when i'm going to ask exactly what she saw as the tubes can spasm at the joint with the uterus and not let dye in , that what had happened on the HSG so I want to know if it's possible that happened again or if it was definately scar tissue from my previous op .
If your tube is just scarred on the outside and has adhesions then it might be completely fine on the inside , from what I've read the outside scarring is only a problem in that it stops your tube moving freely so it might not be able to get an egg from the other ovary , and as Angel said if it is outside scarring and adhesions then usually that can be removed . If your concerned about the risk of ectopic then you can get an HSG done privately, it's about 300 in my area but there is a risk your tube could spasm and not let the dye in then your none the wiser Question I would try your GP in the meantime though and tell him/her that your not sure of the implications of what you've been told and can he/she clarify things for you, they may be able to contact you cons and get more info for you , if the cons who did your last op thought it was unsafe for you to ttc i'm sure she would have advised against it though xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular