Advice on Parents Rights When Child Is Ill

fletchie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Advice on Parents Rights When Child Is Ill
Hi,

My daughter is going to her childminders for the 1st time tmorr and im dreading it as she has been v.usettled and has a cold.
I spoke to childminder about it if she was willing to have her even thou she has a cold. Got to still take her even thou she was ill, but not to take her if she was particulary unsettled and was wanting attention all the time as she has her own kids and the ones she childminds for, so couldnt devote all her time to her, whiich is understanable.
My question is as there is no=one else to look after her tmorr(She normally goes to her grandparents but they are going on holiday tmorr, hence why she is going to childminder)
What would happen if she isnt well enough to go to childminders and had to take day off work? Could i lose my job? What are my legal rights as a working parent?
ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
You will be entitled to unpaid carers leave. There is nothing a parent to do if a child is ill, and most child care will not take a poorly child.
Em2289
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
our company allow for parental leave and so do most other companies, they should be understanding that your child should come first, if in doubt check with your hr department or in your contract or company handbook if you have one.

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
my company give me 8 paid days leave a year for parental leave if i need it or I can take extra as holidayx

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
if u can't take carers leaave, you may be able to take sick leave, which should be paid.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular