3rd time lucky???

FingersCrossed
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject: 3rd time lucky???
Hi, I am 28 and am 5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy. I lost my first one at 4 1/2 weeks in June and my second at 7 weeks in September. We decided to leave trying for a few months in the hope that this might help a future pregnancy but now I am terrified of having another miscarriage, particularly as the last one was so awful.

I had a brownish discharge for 2 days at 4.2 wks but everything seems ok now. I have got sore breasts and I have funny twinges in my stomach, all of which I had on the last pregnancy so it is not too reassuring. The only positive sign is that the pregnancy test is showing really strongly unlike last time so I am hoping that is a good sign.

I dont know how I would cope if I lost this one and I am worried that the stress worrying about it is going to affect this pregnancy. Has anyone else had a few miscarriages and then had a successful pregnancy? My doctor has referred me to the ante natal clinic early but I phoned them today and they have not even looked at my notes yet, I think my hospital is a bit behind the times and I have no alternative early pregnancy centres!
Cublet
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
I wish you lots of good luck, and hope that this definately is 3rd time lucky for you. I am 5 weeks pregnant too, so we will be due around the same time.
FingersCrossed
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:59 am 
Post subject:
Thanks,
No sign of any problems yet so my optimism is growing, what is your due date, I think mine is about 2nd Oct?
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:11 pm 
Post subject: 3rd time lucky!!!
Hi there - I too am due about 1st October, had m/c last August and December. Havent been brillitant this time either - suffering from period like pelvic pain so have been paranoid that am going to lose this one also. Doc has referrred me to Obstetrician because of this, was hoping for early scan but have to go through them first!!! Am nearly 40 and have two older children (16) and (12), so thought I would sail through. Good luck to everyone going through similar x
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
hi fingers crossed,
y dont you get a blood test???

when i found out i was pregnant i had period cramps that were really strong, after 3 days of waiting for my period i done a test and sure enough it was positive, but y were my cramps so bad? i was worried so went to the accident and emergency room to ask them to check that everything was ok.

thay said as i was only 4wks pregnant, a scan would show nothing as everything is too small, so they done a blood test to find out how high my pregnancy hormone was. it was 400 and something (can't remember) lol and then they asked me to come back two days later to do the same test to check the hormone level had doubled, which it did.

apparently the pregnancy hormone doubles every 48 hours during pregnancy. so perhaps you could get this test to check everythings ok? my midwife who took the test said that the test ruled out an etopic or 'fake' pregnancy and that every thing is going as it should so far. i'm also getting my first scan on the 8th of feb, just so to check on things (as baby will be able to be seen at this stage).

if you don't mind me asking where is it your from that the health service isn't taking better care of you? as you should be a high risk as you have miscarried before, (in which you have my every sympothy)

why not try going to the accident and emergency yourself and tell them your qurries and the fact you've felt twinges, and demand they give you a scan or the blood test???

anyway hope this helps, and wish and your baby the best of luck in the near future, please let us know how you get on.
kimberley xo
Cublet
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
FingersCrossed wrote:
Thanks,
No sign of any problems yet so my optimism is growing, what is your due date, I think mine is about 2nd Oct?

My due date is around the 2nd of October too....... Smile
FingersCrossed
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone for the replies, it is great to know there are other people out there in the same situation. Unfortunately I live on an Island off England so I am kind of stuck with the one hospital we have. Mad

I did phone my Doctor back yesterday to ask why I had not received an appointment yet and he said it is down to the consultant who he referred me to to decide when I need to come in which is usually about 9 weeks - I did point out that this is a bit pointless seeing as I have never reached that stage yet! He advised me to phone thm on Monday to see what their plans for me are.

I will consider going to A&E if I get any more pains to try and get a blood test because that may be the only way they will do something and it would be very reassuring to know things are going ok.

I am really glad there are people due the same date so we can compare notes!!! Smile
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:26 am 
Post subject: 3rd time lucky
I am in the midlands, my GP has been great and to be honest cramps do seem to have eased (fingers crossed). Feel very pregnant this time am constantly on the loo even waking during the night for a wee which is not like me at all. Will be chasing my appt with Obstetrician on Monday if I have not heard anything. x
FingersCrossed
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Flossie, Glad to hear things are getting better for you and hope your appointment goes well as I know how you feel!
I think I am experiencing morning sickness for the first time ever at the moment as I feel like I have been spinning around and feel all queesy ... is that what it feels like?

Hopefully this is a positive sign as it did not happen on my first two miscarriages x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
I think morning sickness differs for everybody - I have never really 'suffered' as such, but have had waves of nausea and feeling very hot!!! I have got my appt with the OB through and a scan date for the same time on the 22 Feb, however, I will be phoning tomorrow to see if they can bring this forward, I need to see this baby is doing ok for my own sanity!!! Hope all the other October babies are doing ok x
FingersCrossed
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Flossie, did you manage to get your appointment brought forward? I am feeling so impatient now, I have got an appointment with my nurse tomorrow morning and I am going to ask if she will arrange and early scan for me or at least send me for blood tests as I am feeling very much in the dark.

I am almost 6 weeks now (tomorrow) and it is getting close to the time I miscarried last time so I could do with some positive test results to reassure! Fortunately no bleeding so far! Very Happy
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Fingers crossed - have been today to see my GP, have had a blood test to test hcg levels. My GP has been on to early assessment unit, who have called me this afternoon and said if my levels are high enough they will probably scan me Friday....thank god, I have a telephone consultation with her at 9am tomorrow to discuss the results. Am feeling waves of nausea especially after food and never really had that last time. I too am nearing the time I miscarried (I was exactly 6 weeks 4 days) according to my GP today and I am 6 weeks exactly,again, according to my GP. Feeling quite anxious as I still am experiencing cramps but they do come and go. Cant quite believe how good the NHS have been today really has restored my faith - having said that I did tell my GP I was considering a private scan!! Will keep you informed of events - are you doing ok xx
FingersCrossed
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
Glad to hear you are getting the response you need finally.
I have also had a bit of success today. I went in to see the nurse at my pratice and said how I was feeling anxious and a bit let down over the lack of urgency/response. She said there was not a lot she could do. Then I asked her about the pains I had been getting and she said that this was a way of getting me scanned.

She gave me an immediate appointment with a GP who then referred me for a scan at the hospital. I had all sorts of tests at the hospital and was then given a scan. Technically I should be six weeks exactly today but the lady doing the scan said that my pregnancy sac (which was fortunately present in the right place) looked about 5 1/2 weeks.

There was no fetal pole but there was a white circle which she said was the yoke in the middle. She said that this was to be expected for that gestation and I should not worry. My doc has booked me in for another scan in 2 weeks to double check. I feel a lot more reassured now that everything is in the right place but still a little worried there was no fetal pole so looking forward to the next scan.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of scan??
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Wow that was quick - sometimes I do believe we need to be insistent...had my blood test results this morning and these were very high (so I have been told - so if anyone can add here!!) at 6900, am exactly six weeks today according to my dates and have a scan at early assessment unit on Friday morning. Fingers crossed - you will sleep well tonight. I am pleased your scan went well xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject: 3rd time lucky
Hi there - I had my scan this morning and was told I am between 5.5 and 6 weeks, saw the Sac, Yolk, Foetal Pole and Heartbeat.....very happy, however, they also found Ovarian cysts on my left ovary one of which had been bleeding, the sister who performed the scan believed this has been the cause of my abdominal cramps, they are still quite bad but feel reassured my VERY little one is in there and doing ok. Has anybody else experienced these symptoms?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular