3rd time lucky???

FingersCrossed
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
I am really pleased for you!, What does the foetal pole look like? I have got my second scan in a week and a half and am hoping that I will see more next time. I was also told that I was earlier than I thought - about 5 1/2 wks when I was technically 6. I am getting pretty bad nausea continuously now - I was pleased at first because I thought it was a good sign after my last two miscarriages but now I am fed up of and it has only been a week!!! Confused
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Fingers Crossed - Well it looked like a tiny little line attached to a beating heart, we have a picture and the baby itself was only 2mm so as you can imagine it was very hard to see, however it reassured me things were looking good. I have also been gettting nauseus, I was awake at 4am this morning feeling very very sick although I am not actually sick!!! I think I am going to end up very big as half the time I end up eating something to ease it...glad you are doing ok and I agree I have been told sickness is a good sign!
FingersCrossed
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks
Can wait to see a heart beat as they say that once that happens the situation is much more stable. I feel the same about the nausea, it is making me eat more. I have found for the last two days I have had a craving for poached egg on toast Laughing
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
Lol - I want cheese and onion sandwiches, something I never eat!!!!! Is that what they told you about the heartbeat no-one has said that to me? What is you due date we must be very close, we are 3/10/2008, well until the next scan on the 22 when no doubt it will alter by a day or two Rolling Eyes
FingersCrossed
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
Yes all of the books say that once the baby's heart starts beating a pregnancy is much more secure so it sounds good from your scan.
The first date of my last period was the 27th Dec which puts us due about the 2/10 but I agree, things may change as the scans go on. we will have to compare sickness/cravings etc as we go on. Have you got another scan booked yet?
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:14 pm 
Post subject:
Yes I have one on the 22 at my local hospital ,although they only usually scan from 12 weeks! I have my first appt with the midwife on Tuesday and am going to talk to her and hope she agrees this scan should go ahead, given previous and current problems I dont think it is too much to ask. Very strange this nausea had a lovely sunday lunch about an hour ago and am now feeling a little sick - like I need to eat something else!!!! Hope this eases soon or I can see my waist disappearing fast Laughing
Jen76
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i hope all is going well for you. It seems that i am due about the 18th oct, come as a bit of a shock, will be third child, other two are 10yrs and 6yrs. Not sure how going back thru all of this will affect me, kids and relationship!!!!!

I also had m/c last nov at 8wks, my partner was devestated, and is wrapping me up in bubble wrap already, driving me nuts!!!

take care happyjenn
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:39 pm 
Post subject: hi jen76
this is my 3rd to bit of a shock im due in may tho yeh not long 3rd boy to i have 4 year old and a 10 year old so its all new again xxxx lisa
Confused
FingersCrossed
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
All still ok so far. My morning sickness is driving me nuts - from about now until I go to bed every day Confused The travel sickness bands have been a great help though, easing the nausea significantly.
callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
im also due in october the 14th i think Very Happy
im glad evrythings going good for you xx cally
hope4
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:35 pm 
Post subject: 3rd time lucky
Hi There

I wish you all the luck i have lost 3 babys now Last one at new year and i am about to try again for 4th time.
I know how you must feel though it's so stressful and the slightest thing and we panick thinking something is wrong.
All the best
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Fingers Crossed - Good luck with your scan today, let us know how you get on Flossie xx
FingersCrossed
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for remembering!!
I had it this afternoon and was over the moon to see my baby complete with heart beat! It is 1cm long and that puts it at 8 wks exactly, which is great as that is exactly what I am Very Happy
It was such a relief to see as I have been worrying so much since the last scan, it was suprising to even be able to identify the blob that is the head! It also reassured me I am not having twins, which run in my family!!!

So happy Very Happy
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:03 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Excellent news I am so pleased for you - I have mine Friday so will keep you posted. Best wishes Flossie xx
FingersCrossed
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
I will keep my fingers crossed for you too, we deserve an easy ride this time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular