3rd time lucky???

flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi had my scan today and my little bean was there with a lovely strong heartbeat. Was really worried last night as had a little pink discharge when I went to the loo - apparently this cyst I have has been bleeding again....my word its is so worrying especially after losing the last two seems as soon as you start to relax something else goes wrong. I am 7 weeks and 5 days and see the obstetrician on Tuesday, cant wait will get some answers!!! Best wishes Flossie xx Very Happy
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
good luck flossie so glad every thing went ok xxx lisa
FingersCrossed
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
Really pleased for you, it is very reassuring to see the little bean growing inside isnt it!. I was reading today that up until 5 weeks there is a 1 in 4 chance of miscarriage, by 6 weeks that has reduced to 1 in 6 and by 8 weeks it is down to 3%, at 12 weeks it is 1 %.
Therefore, your chances are getting better day by day, I think it is going to be third time lucky for both of us this time,
Take care xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
Oh thank you so much for that those figures are very reassuring - feel a bit weepy today, had a really bad night generally feeling sorry for myself!! Rolling Eyes Not like me really must pull myself together. Thanks guys Flossie xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Well had another scan on Tuesday afternoon - I felt so emotional it has grown little arms and legs and was bouncing around on its head!!! So strange to think all that was going on and I couldnt feel a thing...Am now 10 weeks and 5 days and have been booked in for my Nuchal Scan on 26th March I am looking forward to it as it is so reassuring to see everything is ok. FingerCrossed hope everything is ok with you Flossie xx
FingersCrossed
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Flossie,
I am so happy for you that things are progressing well, I kind of feel like we are in this together as we have both had such similar experiences and are only a day or so apart. I have got my dating scan on Wednesday when technically I should be exactly 12 weeks. I have been so desperate to have another scan since the 8 week one as I cant help but worry that something has gone wrong.

All of the signs are good though, no bleeding at all Very Happy My boobs are huge now and still sore and although my morning sickness has dwindled it was a gradual process and at about the right stage to start dying down. I am not sure whether I have got a proper bump yet or whether it is all down to bloating, but a few people at work have said I am starting to look a bit pregnant.

I cant wait to be past the 12 week point, when does it end? as soon as you reach the 12th week or at the end of it???

I want so much for everything to be ok this time as I dont want to have gone through all of that sickness for nothing!!!

My hospital has told me that they dont have the capability of doing the nucal screening for Downs Syndrome yet and so I will just have to rely on the blood tests which is a little worrying but hopefully that will all be low risk.

Keep in touch about how everything is going, I have got my next midwifes appointment 2 weeks after the scan so I think all my tests will be done then for DS xxxx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing Lovely news do let me know how you get on Wednesday, having to pay privately for my Nuchal Scan and blood tests but am only doing this because of my age which automatically puts me at 'high risk' and will do anything to avoid amniocentesis. Take care and keep in touch, Flossie xx
FingersCrossed
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I had my scan this morning and thankfully my little bean has turned into bouncing bean - it kept jumping around while we were watching it which was fantastic to see. I could make out its arms and legs so it looks fairly complete at this stage which is a relief!

Is it usual though for them not really to date it - the scanner measured the baby and said it is about right for 11-12 weeks and that was it I thought I was supposed to get an expected delivery date comfirmed but she just said no, the scan is only an estimation. Is this normal??
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, i was given a due date on my first scan, but i'm not sure if it was based on my period date i gave them. They can tell more from the second scan if it is the correct size for the number of weeks.

For example, at my 21 week scan, she said the head was 21 weeks, and the legs were 22 weeks etc etc (bump has got very long legs LOL!!)

Hope that answers your question x
FingersCrossed
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks! are you feeling frustrated yet and just want it out, when were you due?
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
fingerscrossed, i'm a week overdue Sad being induced on saturday, so will definitely have my little one by then xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
Fingerscrossed absolutely over the moon for you Very Happy .....I was given an edd at my scan they moved me 1 day!!! to 4th October, the sonographer wrote all the information on a card then the midwife confirmed size of baby and due date, you may get a better idea when you see the midwife, its quite important though isnt it, makes it all official!. Brilliant News, Flossie xxx

FingersCrossed
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject:
Maybe that is why they did not seem to say much, I just had my scan and left, I have not got my next appointment for 2 weeks, maybe they will tell me then.
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies Smile

I'm glad that everything is going well for you. I was going to say that you can have a successful pregnancy after miscarriage, my friend had 3 miscarriages before she had her first little lady Smile.

I was very nervous until I had my first scan, when I went for my first scan they could not see anything when they put the equipment on my abdomen and I burst out into tears. Then I had the vagina scan and there was peanut or little cheesette (as my mum says lol) and I burst into tears again lol. I was 8 weeks and 4 days at this scan.

They do say once a heartbeat is confirmed there is a much better chance of the pregnancy carrying on.

My next scan is at 20 weeks and I can't wait. I went to my doctors twice because I had been having very bad pains and some blood but they did not send me for another scan. However the doctor examined my abdomen both times and said she could feel the uterus moving up in comparison to my first visit where she could not feel anything so that was good news that calmed me down abit.

My scan picture on my ticker is that scan I talked about, baby at 8 weeks and 4 days, view from the vagina passage lol.

x

flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
HI - thank you for that its so nice to hear other peoples stories. Flossie xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular