March 2012 Mummies :)

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

With regards to names I saw some brill advice on AB when it came to choosing one - just a few below what I agree with

Think about the style of names you like. - Do you prefer traditional or more contemporary names?

Although certain names sound adorable for a toddler they don't transfer well to adulthood. Imagine your baby grown up and choose a name that will suit.

Try and avoid choosing a name that is too 'fashionable', certain names go out of fashion as quickly as they come in.

Choose a name that is easy to say and spell - it will save your child a lot of frustration.

Go with a name that fits with your surname - shorter names often sound better with longer surnames and vice versa

Give first names that rhyme with your surname a miss and avoid puns

Remember that children can be mean - imagine you are back at school and test a name by seeing how it can be shortened, what the initials spell and whether it rhymes with anything unfortunate.

Remember that choosing a name should be a joint decision made by both parents - you should have a rule that if one of you really doesn't like a name, it gets taken out of the picture

Save the final decision for when you finally see your newborn baby - only then will you be able to tell whether a name is right or not

Hope this helps

Terri xx

Aleishasmam
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Terri, will keep this in mind, I love the girl names that i have choose, just have to think of boy names. This should help a bit thanks xx
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
good luck with your scan tomorrow Terri, hope everything goes ok! cant wait to hear if you are pink or blue!!

XX
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies how is everyone doing?

Poogeday, are you feeling any better now? after your scan. i hope you are xx
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:14 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, feelin alot better thanks, i saw my midwife end of last week and she told me not to worry and that they are just being over cautious and that if they were relle concerned i wouldnt be made to wait 5 weeks for another scan. i hope she is right and he is just growing different parts at different times!! im still nervous and waiting but only time will tell! how are you doing? when is your 20 week scan? are you planning to find out the sex? xxx
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:22 am 
Post subject:
That's great your feeling better, and it makes sense what the midwife has said, that they would not make you wait 5 weeks to see what happens. Very Happy we can not always go by what the text book says. Smile

Yeah am fine thanks, my OH is home tonight after 3 long boring weeks, Smile am so excited. I hope he gets a week off before next scan because he will have to come home 2 weekends in a row, going back to work on the Monday then home to ME on the Wedensday for the scan on Thursday afternoon.(bit confusing) so would make more sense to just stay rather going back to work in Scotland for 2 days.

Not sure whether to find out or not to be honest, its 50/50 at the moment, at the start I wanted to and OH wanted a surprise, now its the other way about. I think Rolling Eyes I just do not know what to do. I will likely make my mind up on the day Laughing Laughing My scan is in 21 days. Shocked this pregnancy seems to be going in so quick. does yours feel like that to?

Are you feeling baby move loads now? mine has seemed to slowed down a bit Mad last thursday and friday it never stopped i thought it was having a rave in there Laughing But this week doesn seem to be as much, just feeling the odd wee flutter.
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 am 
Post subject:
some days i feel him more than others, i think thats pretty standard when they are still tiny little people! its definatly going fast this time around, but then again my son is running riot most of the day i dont have a second to think about it, unlike the pregnancy with him! soon we will have our babies and pregnancy will all be a distant memory! 21 days till your scan? thats aggges away seein as your nearly 19 weeks now. why so long???

personally i have to find out the sex to be more prepared, its surprise enough having a 9lb baby come out your bits!!! even though i found out with jaime, his birth was still so amazing and i dont feel that if i knew the sex or not, it wouldnt have changed how surprising and amazing it was, but each to their own! especially with the first..its like one second your you, and the next your a mum! awwww its so amazing lol

glad your ok hun! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx big hugs to you and bump xxxx
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:43 am 
Post subject:
am not sure why so long missus,sure my 1st scan was not until i was 14+3 weeks. Shocked they must be a bit slack/behind in N.Ireland. Smile But am happy enough with that, as i really think Colm will be able to get a week at home and FX we can go and see his son in Dublin. Very Happy

You made me LOL literally there at the bit you should "its surprise enough having a 9lb baby come out your bits!!! " Laughing Laughing Laughing Just last night i was thinking off labour and giving birth and i have to say it actually scared me. Embarassed But hey am not going to die and am sure every last push pain and stitch will be well worth it. Very Happy

I would say i will more than likely find out the sex pooge, as i would like to buy some coloured clothes. I have noticed when am out shopping that, its either white or cream, having really seen any yellow's and green's. and i have seen lots of greys. I am loving every minute off being preg and seeing a wee bump appear under my already big belly. Laughing Laughing being a size 16 already and being first pg am assuming that it takes that wee bit longer for bump to be more noticeable to everyone else.
Aleishasmam
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Just got a big big bunch of flowers delivered there now. Colm makes me so happy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
awww thats well sweet! you are a lucky girl!!! well wishing you the best of luck with your scan, i cant wait to hear your news if its boy or girl!! i have my next scan on the 29th november..im counting down the seconds!

mmmm i have just eaten a massive chocolate bar and its so yummy!!!! not going to help with the weight gain!!!!!!!!!!!! any cravings yet??? xxxxxxxx
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:30 am 
Post subject:
Laughing Laughing i have become a chocoholic that's all i ever buy when am at the shop.lol
your scan is not long after mine, it this going to be your 34 week scan?

OH was home at the weekend and we went to see Jimmy Carr he was hilarious and on Sunday we spent the morning in bed followed by a lovely Sunday dinner in a restaurant. Then on Sunday evening i noticed a bit of spotting on my pants, and Monday afternoon i seemed to have a little bit of old blood then Monday night after i wiped i noticed a thumb nail sized watery pinky bit off blood on the toilet roll, which then really worried me, so i rand mid wife 1st thing this morning, and trough sobs Crying or Very sad i told her everything, she said the spotting was likely due to sex Embarassed and that i maybe would'n be feeling baby to after 20 weeks Question so she is getting someone to ring me back to have a talk to me. I just hope they dont be much longer.
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 am 
Post subject:
no its not a 34 week scan, ill be 25 weeks, they want to check babys growth after seein 20 week scan...dont worry about bleeding, its probably from the sex, i havnt suffered with bleedin myself, but i think oliversmummy has and everything is fine! try not to worry, did anyone get bk to you after you phoned? did you get looked at? xxx
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 am 
Post subject:
sorry missus, I did know about your other scan just my head was all over the place. Good luck with that. Smile

Yeah they rang me back and said more and likely was the sex. Laughing so next time OH is home will be none. Laughing I never got looked at which I thought was strange and rude as i was really worried and upset. Have done nothing but pray that everything will be ok. I have felt baby move since thank god, i think i may have a very lazy and sleepy baby(just like his/her daddy). Laughing
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 am 
Post subject:
i didnt even feel my first until 23 weeks...so im not surprised if your not feelin alot of movement, it will gradually increase in the next few weeks! how r u by the way, i saw you had a bit of a scare??? whats this about a low lying placenta? have they brought your scan forward? xxx
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:58 am 
Post subject:
hey hunni, yeah i had a scare was awful Crying or Very sad but alls ok so am happy with that, yeah she said i had a low lying placenta but she said its common in early pregnancy and it may move in the next few weeks, no i did not get my scan moved forward, but i did get a scan in the hospital and i got to see buds moving alot, he/she was really dancing the poor doc couldn get a picture Laughing and has a very strong HB. my scan is in 9 days so am on the count down.

How are you feeling now? i seen you were having a bit off a bad day yesterday xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to:  

Community

Popular