December Mummies!!!

LISAx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:45 am 
Post subject: December Mummies!!!
Well quite alot of us have had our little ones now so thought it'd be nice to see how we're all getting on? xxx

sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa, well i was supposed to be a december mummy, but became a november one! MY lo is having a growth spurt and I am so drained today! How are things with you?

ClaireH77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i'm 4 days into being a december mum, finding it quite hard as had traumatic birth and i was quite ill after. Baby blues has set in with a vengance and crying a lot!
Saying all of that though Matthew is the best thing that has ever happened to me, today has been better, my milk has started to come in so he's both sleeping and feeding better.

how are you getting on Lisa? your nearly 2 weeks in now so is it getting any easier?

claire x
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
I've had a couple of days crying but it was due to lack of sleep! We've decided to add in the odd formula feed to give me a break to get some sleep! The growth spurt seems to be over so it not so bad now!

These LOs are the best thing ever but also the hardest work we've ever done!

jewbag86
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:23 am 
Post subject:
hey i was due to be xmas day baby but she arrived on 28h nov instead sooo wante to be dec baby lol .
we having routh time as she is not gaining weight steadily she gains and then loses she is 3 weeks old and not at birth weight yet have app on monday with hospital consultant so bit stresse and worried she not interested in feeding she wikll cry for milk have few sips then be haay to not have any more . frustrating casue all proffesioals telling me to give her 3 oz 3 hourly foreing her to take it but how do you do that i f they asleep i have tryed bum changing that works again for few mins but not really for her to drink all 3 oz . xxxxx last night iw as told to wake her for feeds as not to go longer then 6 hours at night well fed her at midninght tryed to wake her at 4 no joy she only had bottle at 7 due to me making her drink it
xxxx s

opps noticed i ranting sorry xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:29 am 
Post subject:
Lol Sally you're still a December mummy at heart! If we didn't include the impatient December babies in here that decided to come in November instead (or even October in Lauras case!) then there'd be none left Laughing

Ahh not looking forward to the growth spurts! Has she passed it yet?

Claire it definitly has got easier for me! He was an angel in hospital but then didn't sleep too well when we got out but now he's only waking twice for his feed in the night which is good Very Happy & he's going 3-4 hours in between feeds

I've only had one day of the baby blues! Had a little wobble and cry on the sofa one night but had a little cuddle with him and all was good again Very Happy

Jewbag it may just be because she was early? My friends little girl was 3 weeks early and kept losing the weight she was putting on at first. She's a month old now and has stopped losing it & is putting it on nicely!
When Alfie falls asleep while feeding i just blow on his face which wakes him up, have to do it quite alot though cause he's always falling asleep! Then halfway through i change his nappy so that wakes him up and he takes more Smile

Has anyone else given their little ones a dummy?
Alfie got one which really helps but i could scream at night when he cries every ten mins cause he dropped it Laughing
xxx
xxx

sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:49 am 
Post subject:
Yep we are def coming out of it. She was waking 4 times in night for feed. Last night it was half one and half five! whooooooo. Lasted about 3 days, hard work.
We are using a dummy at night. At antenatal classes they said using one at night can reduce the risk of cot death, not a nice topic but that is current thinking.
Jew I think Laura had probs with her little girl not gaining weight but all is starting to work itself out. Mine was jaundiced after a couple of days and I was told not to let her go more than 4 hrs before feeding her, but I had same issue in that she wouldn't wake up. Thankfully it cleared up in a week. All the best xx

jewbag86
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:21 am 
Post subject:
thanks girls .xxx
lisa i give jody a dummy and like you she kept droping it at night but i found answer . lol jody lays slightly on her side head always to one side i use a muslin square and tuck it down the side of her near dummy if it falls out it is on the muslin and goes straight back in her mouth hard to explain will get a pic of how it is next time she asleep lol .xxx
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
i've put some new pics up of my little girl!

LISAx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:34 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh i was just gonna say Caytlyn looks so cute on your ticker pic so i'm gonna go have a nosey of her Very Happy

Jewbag i think i know what you mean with the muslin cloth idea & it sounds really good! May give it a try tonight as Alfie often sleeps with his head to the left.

Yeah i heard it was supposed to help with SID but was advised not to use one untill he was a month old as it could cause nipple teat confusion and interfere with his feeding but we've had no probs at all!
xxxx

kel4kiddies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:34 pm 
Post subject:
hi all just seen this post ,everyone sounds like we all getting on well still cant belive mine is here at last Smile what did everyone do whos bottle feeding do when there milk came in mines today and omg there are soooo hurty solid and massive for me holding him really hurts today Crying or Very sad , i havent gave a dummy yet but think im gonna give in as he keeps really trying to suck things between feeds x
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:44 pm 
Post subject:
Aww all that waiting and he's finally here Very Happy
Yeah Alfie kept sucking on his hand so i gave him a dummy, didn't want him finding his thumb!
I'm breastfeeding so can't help with the boobs thing but i'm sure my midwife mentioned cold cabbage leaves or something to help Confused xxx

sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
My hv advised me to massage my boobs in shower if they filled up too much. I'm getting a lot of milk and they go hard and solid. It shouldn't encourage your milk supply if your only doing it in the shower or bath once a day. Also I believe if you get a build up of milk and don't do anything about it , it can cause mastitus. Hope that helps kel

kel4kiddies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
arh thanks looks like im needing a cabbage then Laughing ,i thought i wernt meant to touch them not that i can i didnt even have a shower today incase the jets encouraged the milk so had a lovely bath instead they are really throbbing ust sitting here just dont want to be keep checking my top every 2 mins over christmas for wet patches Laughing so hope they dry up quick Confused right off to look at the pics now sally xx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Kel google stopping milk supply, there is loads of stuff with some tips.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51

Jump to:  

Community

Popular