Sex after baby

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:33 pm 
Post subject: Sex after baby
My little one is 16 weeks old (almost). Had a very traumatic delivery and was cut form here to eternity!!! We resumed sex fairly quickly (within less than 4 weeks) and it wa a little painful but I put that down to the remaining interna;l sutures. But the last couple of times we have done it, well more than that but I hate to admit it to my OH, but its been quite painful (its not moans of ecstacy, its moans of agony), I feel myself covering my mouth as its so painful it doesn't matter what position. This mornng we did quite gently, I finally admitted to OH yesterday that it wasn't taht ocmfortable. But I've been in agony all day since. My tummy is so sore. I don't want it to get a problem and stop me wanting to have sex, but right now I'd rather be stimulated in other ways than let him put it anywhere near me!!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:32 am 
Post subject:
I'd go and see your GP so they can check that your stitches weren't done too tight or you don't have a lot of scarring or even an infection as you say it carried on hurting and your stomach was sore too , there is a lot they can do to put things right if you weren't stitched brilliantly in the first place xxx
ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
It all seems fairly smooth when you touch it. In fact better stitched than I was the first time when I was left with a gap. I've been for a colposcopy (done by consultant at hospital) since I had her and would have thought they would have said something. OH is feeling fairly pleased with himself as he is fairly large.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:12 pm 
Post subject:
Men eh ! Rolling Eyes Laughing not much fun for you though, maybe it's because you're tensing up and expecting the worst then Question plus when you're not enjoying it you dont always get enough er... natural lubrication to help things along , perhaps some KY or something similar would help , but still seems strange you had pain after as well , might still be worth a mention to your GP , I hope you get it sorted soon xxx
Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
I'd mention it to your GP. There are several possible causes, tensing up is one of them. (I had vaginismus until Avril was born) What is the pain like, is it kind of a burning sensation, even after it's finished?

The other possibility is cysts. They don't necessarely have to be big enough for you to notice (the surface is just as smooth as the vagina) but they can be very painful. I still have them from the birth, quite large ones, but luckily don't hurt. I did research on them and quite often they do hurt a lot. They can be removed surgically. (the waitinglist here in the ROI was so long though that I was pregnant by the time I got my appointment :S)
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Its not a burning pain, its more deep seated, like having a sore tummy. There is no problem with penetration, its kind of once he is in a little bit deeper its uncomfortable and with each thrust (sorry thats way too much info) it is like being bashed from the inside. Even today I'm still a bit tender. We both have a high sex drive so its causing problems for both of us. But I hate having to go to the doctors. I always feel like I am wasting their time. I'm a nurse and we make the worst patients!!
Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hmmm, it's not you tightening up then because that's at the entrance. I think the same for cysts.

I know what you mean about not wanting to see a GP, I'm terrible for it as well! I feel like such a baby when I do go! I do think you should see your GP about it though, could be something with your cervix?
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:21 am 
Post subject:
I had my cervix fully examined in May as I have been under observation for CIN 1, so had full exam and smear and biopsy taken. I spread my legs to be looked at every 6 months, don't want to do it unnecessarily!! I'm also fairly sure that the doc that did the colposcopy would have taken swabs etc if he felt it was necessary (he is a patient of mine!)
Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 am 
Post subject:
Hmmm, sorry hun, don't know what it could be. I wouldn't wait 6 months to be seen though, because the pain can then become a phychological barrier to having/wanting sex, even after the symptoms have gone... (trust me) If it doesn't clear up soon I'd have a check up hun.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular