Having twins, but already have 21 month old!!!!

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
With my DH's genes they won't look odd but may always behave odd.... just like him....an eternal peter pan Wink Laughing Roll
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Wow this has got interesting!!! It's so exciting isn't it?!? How is everyone keeping? I am so tired and when not at work sleep for up to 3 hours in the middle of the day. I have also had a bit of a funny turn today. Went all faint and sick, it settled but when I was pregnant with jack I had to finish work as I kept passing out :-s also I felt one of my babies kick the other day!! It's amazing!! Xxx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
nat70 wrote:
A friend of mine had IVF and two embryos put back and ended up with only one egg implanting but had identical twin girls Very Happy
I watched a fascinating programme a while back about multiples and discovered you can have identical triplets Shocked not sure about quads etc. also identical twins can be one boy and one girl if the sperm has a certain abnormality that make it carry both male and female chromosomes Shocked and it said on there that twins sharing a placenta must be identical (for obvious reasons) but twins with their own placentas may be identical or may be fraternal and they can't tell for sure until they're born . So even if a scan shows boy/girl twins you still can't rule out them being identical until birth, then there are twins that are called mirror image twins , one will be left handed and one right handed and they look identical but as if one was looking in a mirror and the other was the image so everythings reversed ,I found this particularly fascinating as they said this could account for left handed people as they haven't discovered a gene for being left handed and it doesn't seem to be passed down to offspring so they thought every left hander may be the sole survivor of a mirror image twin pregnancy Sad made me a bit sad really as i'm a left hander and so is one of my DD's, and I did have early bleeding with her but didn't get a scan until 12 weeks ,and my mum had a lot of bleeding early in her pregnancy with me Question
The octuplet woman in america had six eggs put back and all implanted and she ended up with two sets of identical twins as well Shocked I think stuff like thats the reason why two is the max here, although 3 still seems pretty common in america . Very fascinating subject though maybe because it's relatively rare for us humans Laughing

There was a documentary on up here, dont know if it got shown in England too but it was about a woman who has identical quad girls Shocked also i would say boy/ girk twins are unlikely to be identical. I'm not saying its totally impossible but i dont imagine its all that common as i have read loads of websites and a few books and they have all said boy/girl sets cannot be identical.

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
If boy girl twins are Identical they will have chromosomal problems. It's not " normal " x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Twins, Triplets and Multiples All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular