Post new topic Reply to topic
Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:16 pm 
Post subject: help
Hi there I am a mum of eight month old twins, their dad took a university course to. Provide a better life for our girls however he was more interested in his new student lifestyle and has now left me. I am due back at wrk in Oct my mat allowance has ended and am in a private tenancy with 600 a month to pay I don't know if I'm entitled to help fina-cially and am at a loss of where to start its so hard as it is, I jst don't know how to manage alone, I cant go back to work as I can't afford childcare for two babies on a part time salary, worst of all i feel embarrassed and !shamed I feel like everyone will see it my fault for having babies but i am in my late twenties and we ve been together for five yrs i thought we were committed now I feel a failure
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 6059
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:53 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun, you should be able to claim housing benefit towards your rent, contact your local council. you will also get tax credits, which will pay 80% of your childcare costs. your ex should also be paying maintenance, if you cant come to an agreement with him contact the CSA, and under new rules maintenance is not taken into account against your other benefits.

Please dont feel ashamed, people will always try and judge, no matter what your situation. im a single parent at 25 (but i barely look 1Cool and i spit from my daughters dad because we were always arguing and getting quite distant, and it wasnt the situation i wanted to bring a child up in. the only time i feel people are judging is when my daughter decides to have a tantrum in the middle of a shop!

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Single Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: