Travel when trying to conceive

rainbow50
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:37 pm 
Post subject: Travel when trying to conceive
Hello all! It`s been a long time since I`ve posted on here. I`d like to sympathise with all you ladies that have suffered an ectopic. I had my laparotomy to remove right tube and pregnancy on 6 April. Such a terrible experience and still have pain around incision site. I started trying again last month eventhough I knew I was ovulating on the tubeless side and was unlikely. I am now trying again this month but my question is whether to go on a summer holiday or not. On one hand I don`t want to put my life on hold because it could take time to get pregnant but on the other hand I don`t want to experience an ectopic abroad or have to cancel my trip like last time. If I was fortunate to get pregnant I would be leaving around the day my period is due and coming back a week later, making me probably 5 weeks or 5 weeks and 3 days depending on my cycle. I think it would be ok but I wanted to get some input from you all. What do you think? Go or stay?? I like traveling so looks like I`ll have the same problem every month!! Confused
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Unless you arrange to go away the week you should be ov-ing, you would know you're not pg as you would have had BFN/AF and wouldn't be PG yet from next cycle?

Good luck ttc xxx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Smile its hard isnt it hunni...
I booked our honeymoon to the usa ages ago.. and it was 18th October 2010..
I got pregnant in August 2010.. but it was ectopic.. and on 4th October 2010 my right tube and my beanoe were removed.. this gave me 2 weeks to get better!! I was ok to go but not fully recovered... but still managed to enjoy it anyway.. btw.. I got pregnant again in May 2011.. and I ov from my tubless side.. so it can happen hunni... sadly I had a m/c at 5 weeks! Sad I would hold off ttc to either on the holiday or when you get back.. you dont want the worry of it all hun .. stopping you relaxing!! xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
rainbow50
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:37 am 
Post subject:
Thanks so much for the advice. I`ll probably give the holiday a miss the cycle and see what happens!! Smile
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

From what I am aware your remaining tube picks up the slack and a Dr told me after my ectopic that my fertility is not effected (other Drs have said that it effects my fertility by about 25%).

If I was you I really would not put my life on hold - I had an ectopic in November 2010 and I am currently 11 weeks pregnant. I planned a holiday abroad for my 30th in October which I can't really go on now and really wish I'd arrange to go away earlier this year as will have to wait about a year now.

Terri xx

rainbow50
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:04 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Terri for the reply and congratulations on your pregnancy!! It ended up that my husband`s job got in the way of the holiday but from now on I will just get on with things. I have been trying since June to conceive but no luck. Before the ectopic I got pregnant really quickly but not now. I thought I was this month because I got spotting and thought it was implantation bleeding but my period was a week early... Good luck xo
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 am 
Post subject:
Hi

Sorry you didn't get to go away.

What I can tell you is that I got pregnant 2nd month of trying for Oliver and then it took 9-10 months to conceive the 2nd time (ectopic) and it has taken 5 months this time so it really can vary, its the luck of the draw.

I hope it happens quickly for you.

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular