Advise on first trip abroad

Twigg
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:05 pm 
Post subject: Advise on first trip abroad
Hi,
I am very excited but also nervous about my first trip abroad, it will probably be to Spain and will be in July.
My lo will be 14 months.
Can anyone advise on what essentials to take and what do you do about water? I'm assuming bottled but which one?????
Any tips for the flight??? Confused

Much apprecited, Thanks. Smile
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:29 pm 
Post subject:
I took my daughter to the Canaries for the 1st time when she was about 8 months.

You can buy bottled water over there - the best one for babies is called Font Vella as the salt levels are lower then others

Take your nappies etc as they are really expensive over there.

Buy a rayshade for the pram.

Take as many toys as possible in your hand luggage to keep them entertained on the flight and take some that you can strap to the pram so you don't have to carry them all on the flight.

Don't take any more milk, food etc then what you need for the journey as they will make you open it all and taste before you go through to departures. You can buy stuff in departures. Make sure you have a bottle or dummy for take off and landing to get the baby to suck to stop there ears popping.

I'll let you know if I think of anything elsie lol

jingbob58
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:21 am 
Post subject:
Good luck for u.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:10 am 
Post subject:
I tuk Louise to spain wen she was 12 months and Georgia wen she was 11 months. Use any bottled water wen ur over there, keep applying sun cream. Bottle toys and dummy for plane

helengin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:28 am 
Post subject:
Good experience. Very Happy
MumToBe88
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
Eek! Good luck Smile I am hoping to be in Florida at Christmas time with my 6 month LO, and I found this website, http://www.floridababy.co.uk/, on travelling with toddlers. It is Florida specific, but amazingly helpful ... they have done some really cute videos on tips for flying etc. I hope you have a really good time!
maylocker
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:05 am 
Post subject:
good luck!
Wringle
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:57 am 
Post subject: Re: Advise on first trip abroad
Twigg wrote:
Hi,
I am very excited but also nervous about my first trip abroad, it will probably be to Spain and will be in July.
My lo will be 14 months.
Can anyone advise on what essentials to take and what do you do about water? I'm assuming bottled but which one?????
Any tips for the flight??? Confused

Much apprecited, Thanks. Smile

In November myself,eight yr old daughter and 21 month old son will be traveling back to the UK. Which i am so looking forward too.
Elizabeth12
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:57 am 
Post subject:
It is completely advisable to travel with the baby. We can definitely travel with the baby but we should be more careful regarding the food habits of the baby and more important is the drinking water and that should be pure and always prefer boiled water than any other water.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular