breech baby

gracejack
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:55 pm 
Post subject: breech baby
im only 27 weeks my baby is breech at the moment, im aware that he moves alot now and can move back into the normal position by the time he decides to make his exit lol..... i'm just wondering what to expect if he stays breech....... anyone help shed some light on this? appreciate it Smile
cardea
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:48 pm 
Post subject: Breech baby
Hello ! I'm 35 weeks and at 29 weeks the baby was breech . The last few weeks he has moved into the headdown position. He is still moving around as the head has not engadged, but my midwife said that they would not do anything unless the baby was still presenting as breech at 37 weeks. ( eg book me in for a section ) He seems happy headdown now. If it is your fisrt baby he may turn headdown quicker than a second baby - Speak to your midwife about what stage you would need to make decisions regarding planned c-sections etc. Good luck X
MangoMango
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:59 pm 
Post subject: Re: breech baby
gracejack wrote:
im only 27 weeks my baby is breech at the moment, im aware that he moves alot now and can move back into the normal position by the time he decides to make his exit lol..... i'm just wondering what to expect if he stays breech....... anyone help shed some light on this? appreciate it Smile

baby at 27 weeks breech isnt really a worry as they move alot, my baby was breech up until last week, i'm 28 weeks, if baby stays breech there are lots of natural safe ways you can try to encourage baby to turn round, like shinning a tourch into your lower abdominal area, getting on all fours for a period of time everyday, try kneeling with your head on the floor in front of you on a pillow, it encourages baby to flip.

but dont worry too much at this stage its early days, and remember breech is a normal presentation, there is no reason why you cant have a safe vaginal birth with a breech baby, just dont let anyone touch the baby as it emerges until the arms are fully out, then baby should be gently put tummy to tummy with mum so head can pop out.

try reading
Birth Re Born by Michel Odent.. hes a world renowned OB and the first doctor to use water in the birth room, he invented the birthing pool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular