IVF/ICSI/IUI thread - part 2

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:14 pm 
Post subject: IVF/ICSI/IUI thread - part 2
Hope no one minds me starting a new thread? The other one was about 126 pages long and as there are quite a few of us either about to or already started treatment, I thought it would be good to start a new one (hopefully it's a lucky thread too!!).

Well we are definitely going for IVF now, my AF arrived yesterday so today I went to the clinic to have my bloods done - LH, FSH, E2 & AMH. The results should be back by friday and if they are all ok (my FSH has to be under 10 for egg sharing, not sure about AMH) then I will get the next lot of bloods done on Monday hopefully.
As I'm sharing my eggs I have to have quite extensive blood work done, the longest ones to come back are the chromosome ones which take 4-6 wks so until then we can't start treatment although they do want me to go on the pill until then. Not sure when they will find me a match for my eggs, but I've been told it won't take long as they have many ladies waiting.
It feels really good to know that (if all being well with bloods) a lady somewhere is going to get a phone call in the next few weeks to tell her they have a match! Hopefully I can make her dreams come true as well as my own. Smile

Keeping my fingers crossed that my bloods are all ok! I've just come to terms with doing IVF, so I can't imagine how it will feel if they tell me I don't meet their criteria!
My FSH last march was 6.3 so I can't see how it would jump to over 10 in 18 mths....but you never know.
How's everyone else doing? xx

IVF cyclers July 2011 onwards

IcsiHope - Icsi #1 - 1 x blast on board 23/07/11 - 02/08 BFP!!!!

Laura77 - IVF #2 - 2 x embies on board 12/08/11 Sad So sorry xx

Susieliverpool - Icsi #2 - 22 snow babies due to risk of ohss, best of luck for your FET

Angelat - Icsi #1 - 1 x blast on board 30/08/11 - 07/09 BFP!!!!

Cath90 - IVF #1 - 1 'almost' blast on board 05/09/11 Sad So sorry xx

Hopefullstar - IVF #1 - 1 x blast on board 05/09/11 Sad So sorry xx

Fluffy - IVF #1 Short protocol - 16/09/11 BFP!!!! - Surprise Natural BFP before cycle started!!!!

Wish4abump (Sarah) - IVF #1 Short protocol - Due to start stimms 08/09/11 - cycle abandoned, Sad so sorry xx

Victoria - IVF #1 with egg share - 1 x Blast on board 03/10/11 - 10/10 BFP!!!!

Hopingthismonth - IUI #1 - 27/11 BFP!!!!

Julie - IVF #3 - 3 x Blasts on board 10/12/11....14/12 BFP!!!!

Mumof3 IVF #1 - Due to start D/R 10/09/11

Tiggerloveshugs - IVF/ICSI #1 - currently on waiting list

Last edited by xxVictoriaxx on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:30 am; edited 21 times in total
Corrie22
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Good idea Victoria, I have locked the old one Smile Good luck to every one starting a new journey!

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Awww Vic, i'm sorry AF showed, but it's good to see you so positive and moving forward. You really are about to change some lucky womens life when they get that call! Smile The AMH and another one called CMV(If youre having that done) take the longest...probably closer to 6 weeks so try not panic if you dont hear for a while. Remember you can PM me if you need to know anything about donor cycles.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your results Very Happy xxx
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Very Happy OMG KOMALAFE!!! just seen your ticker CONGRATULATIONS... I didnt know you were expecting twins!!! Smile hope you are doing ok.. is that now 3 of you pregnant with twins??? All the best to ALL you ladies xxxx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:37 am 
Post subject:
Thank you Corrie Smile xx

Komolafe - Was the amh on NHS hun? Because the nurse at the clinic told me that the amh only takes about 3 days to come back, so hopefully it'll be back friday. FSH, LH, E2 would have all been done yesterday, although they're going to call when they have all my results. I am having CMV at my next lot of bloods but haven't been told how long that takes, they just said the chromosome tests are the longest as they need to be cultured for a set amount of time, so usually takes 4-6 wks (hopefully 4!!).
Can I ask you what part of the process you had to do? I.e. did you D/R, how long for? What was next for you? I'm just trying to figure out how it'll all work for me & for the donor. I think at the beginning they gear towards the recipient, then once stimming starts it's all geared towards me.
How are you feeling hun? Are you getting lots of symptoms with having 2? xx

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:59 am 
Post subject:
Can I ask you what part of the process you had to do? I.e. did you D/R, how long for? What was next for you? I'm just trying to figure out how it'll all work for me & for the donor. I think at the beginning they gear towards the recipient, then once stimming starts it's all geared towards me.
How are you feeling hun? Are you getting lots of symptoms with having 2? xx[/quote]

Hi Vic, My AMH was done through the NHS but I think the reason they gave for the delay was that only one Lab in the country (somewhere in London) can process these kind of blood tests and they always had loads to do. We did wait almost 6 weeks for ours but your clinic must have different arrangements.

My sister started D/R (on Buserelin)first on her CD 21 (23rd April)
I started D/R on my CD23 (we were only a few days apart in our cycle coincidenttally)
We seemed to be on D/R for just under 3 weeks and both had our baseline scans the same day.

We were spot on and they were happy to move us to the next stage. We both had to carry on with Buserelin but my sis then also started her Menopur shots while I was started on another drug (cant remember the name but it wasnt to stimm ) In the end my sister was allowed to stimm for 14 days and ended up on 8 amps of Menopur Shocked We thought they were going to abandon the cycle at one point but thankfully they didnt!

2 days before my sister had her EC I was told to start taking Cyclogest pessaries and progynova tablets so that my body could prepare for the Embryo Transfer. I think I stopped my D/R on the day of her EC.

She had her EC on 24th May and I went back in for ET on 26th May...then the 2WW !!...The rest is history Very Happy

I do remember them saying me and my sister had to have blood tests to make sure our blood groups were compatible (we are both B+) but you dont have to be the same, just from compatible groups. Also the other anxious moment was for the CMV. I was CMV+ and so was she but if I had been CMV- then I couldnt have received eggs from her if she had been CMV+.

Sorry to waffle on, I bet thats all so muddled that you cant make sense! Anytime you want some bite size chunks of email dont hesitate to ask or PM me. Best of luck with all these results. Im really keeping everything crossed for you Very Happy

The long and short of what I think you wanted to know is the treatment injections started on 23rd April and Embryo transfer was done on 26th May.

Hope some of that helps! xxx
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think the other thread was moving very much any ways vic, but yay i have a home lol. Good luck with ur cycle, the waiting for bloods i found the most frustrating. But im NHS and they lost or took the wrong blood tube 3 times grrr. So Smile to see u so positive xx
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies I just wanted to wish you all the best in your IVF/ICSI/IUI journeys it is an emotional roller coaster but well worth it in the end Very Happy xx

tinystar78
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
good luck ladies and congratulations to anyone who has got a bfp.xxx
Laura77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Vic, great idea! I found the other threads a bit overwhelming to try and join, so I'll get in on the ground floor with this one - woot woot! I had my own 'diary' thread going for my first round but didn't feel the need to do that this time, it's just nice to have some company.

We're on cd 23, 3 days into our injections. We have our test date on 26th August. I know time will pass quickly, but lordy the end of August seems so far away right now!!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend to look forward to! Bye for now Smile

Laura x
catcrazy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Laura, take it one step at a time chick time goes a lot quicker that way Smile the end of August will be here before you know it and fingers crossed your BFP Very Happy lord knows you deserve it chick xx

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
Definitely create a ticker for each stage girls. I really did find it helpful to watch the countdown and it keeps all the girls updated where you're up to....at the end of the day we cant get by without their support so its always good to let them see your ticker moving along nicely. Hope you all get a very quick BFP xxx

Angel - I think there are 4 of us at the moment who are having twins Very Happy Surprised
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 am 
Post subject:
Lyn thanks so much for all the info, that really does help Smile I've been told that if I'm cmv+ then they can still find a match but may take a bit longer. I just want everything to be happening now!! So impatient!

Hi Laura, how are things going for you this time round? Are you more relaxed/anxious as you know what to expect? 26th Aug will come round soon enough!
I'll def keep a ticker for each stage, as soon as I know more about what/when it will all be happening.

Can't believe there's so many twins at the mo, I would be over the moon with one baby but 2 would be amazing!! Just like waiting for a bus, wait for 3.5 yrs for a baby and then 2 come along at once....

Is everyone having 2 embies put back in? The cons mentioned putting 2 back, but if they were taken to blast then only 1 would be put back because of the higher chance of it working. I need to do some more reading up on that side of things.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. xx

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck everyone xx
icsiHope
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Laura - hows the down reggin hun, u getting many symptoms xx

Vic- i want 2 put back, oh says is up to me. I just want the best chance possible of this working so 2 put back would be preferable for me. I know someone has just had 2 blasts put back, aparently the consultants were advising only 1 but supported her on her dicision.

Well i had my other scan today and in total i have .....33 Follies!. 15 on my left ovary and 18 on my right with a couple measuring 20-23mm and some other at 19mm,18mm, and 16mm. Had my bloods taken, and had a phone call to say i need to stop stimming straight away, so no jab tonight and i take my trigger jab tomorrow at exactly 9pm. Then i go for egg collection first thing Monday morning Very Happy
There was a student in the room today so they were explaining things really well and i found out that im all over the place Rolling Eyes Very Happy my right ovary is aparently up really high, i have a retroverted uterus and my L ovary is really low and in a weird place, oh well as long as they work it doesnt really matter where these things are Very Happy Laughing

Hope ur all well xx
Page 1 of 90

Jump to:  

Community

Popular