Vasectomy Reversal Part 2

EmilyMay1981
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:25 am 
Post subject:
Hello all,

David, how are you feeling - I hope things have started to improve!!

My OH is completley back to normal now and feeling great - two weeks post op tmrw! The surgeon said we should put an out of order sign on our head board for 4 weeks though!!! 4 weeks!!!! It is dragging!!!
did everybody else manage to resist the tremptation and wait the prescribed amount of time? Does anyone know what the issues are with breaking the rules?! I sound obsessed!! Embarassed

Also I was talking to someone about diests to improve sperm count - they recommended a pound of tomatoes a day!! LOL! OH thinks i've gone mad!!!

Sara, how are you doing?? Looking forward to Christmas??

Emily
xx
scooby0606
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:20 pm 
Post subject: reversal
Thanks for the replies. I went to my local doc on Sun and he advised wounds were heaing well but heavy bruising. More Antibiotics to combat any infection (been on them from day 1) and more anit-inflamatories. Bruising all gone, one side almost normal.... the other still swollen, still hard and painfull to walk after about 5 mins........ heres hoping it improves
sfj
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
David, sounds like what happened to my OH, 2 months post op though and hes all good now. Hope you feel better soon.

Emily, our consultant said two weeks post op. I jumped on him when that day came Embarassed

Finished OH pressies today, a few small things to get for my stepsons and all finished, quite looking forward to it this year. How about yourself?

Hopefully this time next year will be our time and we will either have little bundles of joy or expecting them. \keeping everything crossed for you hunnie.

Sara xx
scooby0606
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:59 am 
Post subject: so far
Went to docs again this morning as no change in about 4 days, he kept commenting on how hard it is (feels like and is the size of a peach) But did say he thinks it's blood and fluid... tried surgeon again not answer.... doc booked me in for a scan in about 1/2 weeks to see what is happening
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all

Hope you've all had a lovely Xmas and are looking forward to what 2013 has in store for us.

David I am sorry to hear that you are still not right. any news on the scan?

Sara, how was your Xmas?? We've had a lovely one and I am looking forward to letting my hair down a bit tonight! Our 4 week wait is technically up on the 2nd but we have been bad and broken the rules a bit early! OH is feeling exceptionally well and just has a check up on the 8th...all his stitches have pretty much gone now too. so all we can do now is stay happy and healthy and see what happens!!!

Happy new year to you all.

xx
scooby0606
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, things have got a bit better but still firm so went for the scan today. I was told all healing well, there is still some swelling but all looks healthy. I see you were told 4 weeks, were told 2 to 3 and caved at 2 weeks 5 days!!!

A happy new year to all
sfj
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all, sorry haven't been on in a while. Hope you all had an amazing xmas and wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year.

No news really with us, still trying, I was a few days late before xmas but unfortunately it didn't happen to be what we wanted.

Hope your all well.

Sara xxxx
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Morning all.

hope you're all ok. OH finally got signed off by the consultant this week. the appointment had been delayed because of Xmas.
It's strange because I said I wouldn't let it take over my life and in a way it hasn't...we haven't become obsessed about trying. I know there is absolutely no way I can fall pg in the first month of trying but I can't help but feel disappointed that after is due next week and I am feeling all the symptoms!!

how's everyone else doing?? any news??
xx
jojolouise07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and new year and is well.

I was wondering if anyone one could help me, I live in Wiltshire and looking for somewhere that does VR as near as possible, does anyone have any ideas where is best?
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi jojolouise

The only thing I can recommend is Google...thats where we found our Dr...he was excellent and now we are just waiting to see what happens!!!
louisbear
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on here for a while and I see there is lots of newbies! Hello all!
So my story is I am 28 my OH is 46 and he had a vasectomy in 2001, he had a reversal August 2011 and I fell pregnant in January 2012, sadly I had a miscarriage and we have been trying again since April 2012 with no joy.
When I fell pregnant I was using a clearblue fertility monitor and I really recommended it, it does work for some people but recently I have been using it and have not peaked. This month I knew I was ovulating and I was using superdrug own ovulation sticks and cheapies from amazon, none of these have showed that I am ovulating, but the clearblue opk gave me a big smiley face!
So girls I know it's expensive but don't just stick to one! I have found that I don't tell my OH how many tests I do as it would make it a chore, when you get your peak just seduce your man!
I am really hoping for a BFP this month and wish you all luck too!!
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi LouisBear.
Your circumstances seem similar to mine. My OH is older than me and there was 10 years between vasectomy and reversal.
He only had the op done at the bginning of Dec so we are very early days at the moment but desperate for a BFP!!
We have decided against ovulation tests for at least the first 6 months at least. We didn't want it to become a chore and to just keep enjoying ourselves and see if it happens that way...if not then we will reassess the ovulation tests.

Another friend announced she was 13 weeks pregnant yesterday! I am so thrilled for her but so very jealous at the same time!

Here's hoping for those BFPs!!!!x
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
AF arrived today...crappy valentines day to me!! Feeling rubbish!!
Sometimes I start to doubt wether it will happen for me and how I will feel if it doesn't!!

Sorry just wanted a bit of a rant really!!

Hope everyone else is a lot happier than me!!!xx
sfj
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, haven't been on here for a while. Hope everyoneis ok. Well still no joy for us unfortunately. We had OH SA results back, and it is as follows 23.9 million per ml, of which he has 74% motility, but there is 85% anti sperm anti bodies.

So not sure if things are actually going to work out for us, but we're going to keep trying.

Baby dust to all.

xxxxx
ANON2128
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, wickytavs, are you still on here? Just wanted to catch up on how things are going for you, good I hope. Well it's been pretty hectic for me, gave birth to a healthy boy on boxing day...such a little miracle. Lots of luck to everyone trying to conceive on here. My partner had reversal in jan 2011, tried for 1 year, fertility tests showed I had low amh levels and partner had good sperm analysis but antibodies evident. We paid for ICSI, where sperm is washed to get rid of antibodies. Couldn't believe it worked first time. I never thought I'd ever be posting this...there is hope for everyone xxxxxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 47 of 50

Jump to:  

Community

Popular