Vasectomy Reversal Part 2

sfj
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
We're very excited now, although very nervous. We are booked in with Duncan Harriss, does anyone have any experience with him, any advice ladies will be very welcome.

Baby dust to everyone. xx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi all,
Just a little update on us. (BTW I used to be Alowicious, I just changed my username Smile )
DH had his SA done last week and the results were worse than last time!!! This time there was not one little spermy at all. So thats now 3 years after the VR and his count has gone from 10 million per mililitre and 20% motility to nothing. The only hope for us is IVF and TESA for him where they do a needle biopsy of his testes and can grow some sperm for freezing. We are considering it. Makes me mad because we had that done in the UK and froze some sperm but couldn't use it as we live in Dubai so we had it destroyed Sad

Just wanted to advise others whose partners are having VRs that if you can afford it have a biopsy done at the same time as the VR and get some sperm frozen as it is quite common for scarring to happen to the tubes or for the count to diminish after the first year. I really wish my DH had frozen some samples over here when he had a count of 10mil but foresight would be a wonderful thing lol!!! DH had his VR done at Cheshire Countess and the surgeon (Chris??) did the biopsy at the same time. It cost us total of £2500 and then obviously extra for storage but think it was quite cheap.

Please please try and get the extra money to do this biopsy because you never know if the same thing will happen to your partner.

Good luck everyone x x
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:09 am 
Post subject:
Read this info about a study carried out on men having reversals and also their recommendation at the end Smile
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9915427
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:43 am 
Post subject:
Wow, that's good advice, I never really considered a diminished count x

Hope everyone is good. Wickytavs how did the appointment go?xx
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies
Hope everyone is ok. Thanks for the info XandersMom I'm afraid I didn't read it as we didn't get anything frozen so not sure I want to think too much about that - but good advice for everyone else!
My appt went ok, well bit depressing really, but nothing I didn't know. Went for FSH test today and gonna go for AMH tomorrow, it's a drop-in service so I can just turn up. Consultant said he would advise going straight for ivf given my age. And we are not very good at bd'ing enough so it's probably true as we can't be trusted!!
When is your due date ANon? How you getting on, hope all ok.
xx
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 pm 
Post subject: hi all
Hi all just thought i would write a quick message to you all.Do still come here and hope each time to see some bfp from you all.My daughter is now 5 months and i still have diabetes but thank god its so much easier to cope with than in pregnancy.Can't believe i am writing this but am probably going to be sterlised as another pregnancy if it ever did happen just wouldn't be far on the kids its just too hard with all the hypos .Am so thankful for our miracle baby and still in shock that the operation worked esp after all the problems he had after. Has anyone tried any of the fertility blend range i have only heard great things about them. Will keep popping in too see how your all are.Thousands of baby dust to you all and miracles do happen ,take care Lisa xxx
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa lovely to hear from you. Glad you're getting on ok and daughters doing well. Can't believe how time flies! Bit quiet on here these days but there will be some good news soon I think for someone. Take care hon xx
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
Yes very quiet. Well wickytavs are things moving yet? It doesn't seem 5 mins since I was at the stage and now I'm 28 weeks gone. All the best to you xx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
Me again with another update!! DH doesn't have scarring - phew! The fertilityblend obviously just needed a little time to start working and his count is now 3ml per ml but the motility is 15% and there were LOTS of abnormal sperm. However, the good news is we have at least 100,000 healothy swimming spermies on ice ready for IVF and he is now on Proxeed to try and get those numbers up so he can give a fresh sample on the day of my egg retrieval. Its all happening but too slowly for my liking!

Good luck everyone x x
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
Well the day of my OH's reversal is drawing ever closer. Just wondering ladies if you have any advice for us ofr after the reversal has been done. Already got him on the wellman vits, just to give him a boost.

How long after the op can we start BDing.

Hope all you lovely ladies are well. Baby dust to everyone.

xxx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
is he having a biopsy at the same time to freeze some sperm just in case the reversal doesn't work? if not talk to your surgeon about doing that as it doesn't cost that much extra and its so worth doing (see couple of posts back!).

Um, people get told different things but we were told no sex for 6 weeks and we stuck to that. But basically my DHs count didn't come back until 4 months after the reversal and they say on average it takes a year to get pg if the VR is sucessful. Also after a year the count can sometimes start to decrease so if you find nothing is happening then just keep having regular SA's done every few months as it takes 6 weeks for sperm to be made and travel up ready to be ejaculated anyway! DH was on wellman but then we changed over to fertilityblend and I'm sure that helped get the count up.

Hope the op goes well, be nice to your man cos when the painkillers wear off it hurts (first time I've ever seen my man close to tears!). His nurse told him to take plenty of alcohol to numb the pain lol!!!

One other thing, just be careful about when you do have sex, keep in mind his tubes are growing together again and you really want minimal scarring so they don't get blocked, get him to take anti inflammatories and an ice pack if necessary Wink

Lots of luck x x
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi sfj, how did your oh's op go? Hope all is well. A few more days of soreness and he should start to see an improvement xx
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies hope you are all well. Just thought I would pop on here just to keep you updated on my journey. We r now on our 2nd day of buserilin injections for icsi. We have our 1st scan tomorrow which I am very very nervous and very scared in case they say to abandon treatment Sad
sfj
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi wickytavs, sorry I've only just seen the reply. OH is doing well, there's still some swelling, especially in the left side, (is this normal). It's been 11 days now since the op, Mr Harriss was happy with the op itself, but he was bruised more than normal, thta vhas gone now though. No sign of infection either.

OH is worried with regards to the swelling though. Can't believe that we're gong to be able to try and conceive soon. exciting times.

Hope all you ladies are well.

Baby dust to everyone. xxxxxx
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!
I hope you don't mind me butting in! I have been reading these forums for a while now and trying to learn all the terminology you use!!
My OH and I are off for our consultation in an hours time and I am so nervous to hear what are chances are!!
My OH had his reversal 10 years ago when he was 30 (he's 40 now and i'm 31)
I've just got everything crossed really!

its nice to find a support network like this!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 43 of 50

Jump to:  

Community

Popular