Vasectomy Reversal Part 2

sfj
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Eily, how did the consultation go? My OH had an infecction, but the antibiotics don't seem to be working. Back to the GP for us. xx
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sfj!!
Thanks for the reply! Consultation went well, I spent most of it teary and emotional!! Consultant said there is a 90% success rate and then a 30% chance of BFP! He was really good though and told us not to give up!!
So OH is booked in for 5th Dec!! Can't believe it's happening so quickly!!!

Sorry to hear your OH has an infection, how long is it since his op??
How are you feeling about the whole thing??
X
kv08
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

Not been on for a while, just to update you as you are new, my OH had his reversal last April with Duncan Harriss, still no BFP for us so we have started having tests done with the hospital, OH has had two SA's done now with the hospital first was slightly better than the one done last year which is positive just waiting on these results now. I just wanted him to have some as we can work with that, so I am happy as he has quite alot!!!
I have had every test going, no end of bloods, an HSG, internal scan, thinking I would be ok. However at the consultant appointment they told me I would need a Laparoscopy to remove the possible endometriosis they thought they had found.
This op was done last monday and have since spent the last week recovering from it as they found alot of endometriosis which has now been removed, so now hopefully I am in the clear we will get that long wanted BFP.
I have also been put on Clomid to make me double ovulate, I am sorry for the lack of positivity but it has been a difficult road. We are now looking to the future with alot more optimism.
Baby dust for everyone. x
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Emily, OH is ok. He had his op done on the 2nd October, so still very early days. We're not really thinking of it too much atn, still want it to be fun etc, don't want it to become a chore if you know what I mean. Not long now till your OH's op then? How do you feel about it?

Hi kn08, how are you, really hoping you get your BFP soon, fingers crossed for you. How did you find Duncan Harriss may I ask?

Baby dust to all. xx
kv08
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 am 
Post subject:
Hi Sfj

Hope your OH is recovering well, my OH got an infection after his op but nothing serious and recovered ok really, was very sore etc as you would expect but we were trying after about 3 weeks. Yeah i know what you mean about keeping it fun!
Do you have a SA booked yet?
Who did you have the OP with?
Thanks for the positive wishes.
Duncan Harriss was lovely, told us exactly what had happened etc, allowed me to ask questions while Nick was still in recovery. The results were abit basic for my liking really as he just said it was successful as there was sperm and just gave us a figure. My advice would be to made sure they give you abit more information if possible so if and when you go and get more tests done with your own gp you have everything possible.
How long are you going to try for before the next step if needed?
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 am 
Post subject:
Hi kv08,

We too had the op with Duncan Harriss, found him to be extremely welcoming etc. Haven't booked the SA as yet, got to get it sorted.

I've spoken to our GP and she has said that we have to wait for a year before we can go back and look at the next step. She has also said that it would only be possible to have sperm donation through IVF on the NHS. Wouldn't be able to afford it privately unfortunately. How long will you try before looking at the next step if needed hun. xxx
kv08
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya

Ours was 3 months later with Duncan Harriss, fingers crossed for you both hun. As long there are some that is all that matters as you wouldnt need donor then. Have you got your OH on any tablets to help?
Yeah we went to the doctors after our wedding in May so just over a year. Have you thought about egg donation as that will reduce the cost of IVF for you? we are going to do that if we need to. The NHS here wont do anything for us after the clomid so we will have to fund it all. We have been saving so will have to see what happens.
I have 6 months of clomid to make me ovulate twice after that will be doing IVF if no luck.
I have come round to the idea that it may not happen naturally so am more relaxed about things, if a miracle happens that will be amazing if not then we will do anything to have a baby of our own.
happy to help hun if you need any advice.
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh thanx hun, it's just good to have some support. We have to make an appt for the SA for January, which would be 3 months.

Our GP has said wait the year, but because OH has children from a previous relationship it would be fertility treatment for me. I would seriously consider egg donation, IVF is so expensive. Got the OH on wellman and a better diet. I'm taking folic acid too. My GP has given me blood forms to test day 21 progesterone levels to see if im ovulating. I'm regular with my cycles though so fingers crossed.

Hun I've got everything crossed for you and your OH, always here if you need to chat etc. xxx
kv08
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
yeah it is as noone else really understands what you are going though. Everyone needs someone to talk to when things get difficult. Smile
Same as my OH then, not a good situation but we will get there. It is definitely worth considering hun as it helps someone else and you get it cheaper, IVF is expensive. We started my OH on fertility blend, then wellman hes now on Asda's version. thats a good start hun, fingers crossed you will be fine if you are regular. I have been using boots ovulation sticks the last two months which are good so I now have a good idea of when I am ovulatiing.
Thanks so much same to you and your OH x x x Smile
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hey kv08 are the ovulation kits easy to use? My OH is quite against that type of thing atm, he seems to think it may make it all into a chore. xxxx
kv08
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi sfj

Yeah the boots ones are really easy, the internet cheapies I used a few months back didnt seem to show I was ovulating but these ones do have the lines quite clearly.
Yeah I understand what he means, my OH doesnt know I use them at work at dinner time and dont let on whether I am or not. Less pressure on him that way.
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh right, may well try those then. Was kinda a bit silly today, did a test obviously turned out to be BFN, but tried anyway, not sure why? Maybe because I could?

Hope your well kv08. quick question how much are the asda own vits thst you have your OH on? xx
kv08
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I used to do that but after 16 months of nothing I dont bother anymore!!! When are you due hun? Maybe it is just too early. Its not silly though hun it is natural and when you want something so badly you do these things.
I'm good, hope you are ok.
They are 3 for £10, in a blue packet, i think there are 30 in a packet.
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies,

I hope you are both ok and managing to stay a little bit positive. I can only imagine what you are both going through and know that I will be doing exactly the same in 5 weeks time!
I want to start looking at vitamins for me and the OH...do you think we should just start taking them after the op or start getting our bodies ready now? 35 days to go!!!

I don't know if I will do the ovulation tests - but if I do i will definately be doing it secretley like you kv08...i've got an app on my phone that I can track all my days which is pretty accurate.

OH keeps saying that he doesn't want us to use the phrase trying for a baby...we're to just see waht happens...i think he might be saying different after the op!!! xx
kv08
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Emily

I would get on the vitamins maybe a couple of weeks before, it takes 3 months to produce new sperm after all.
I would maybe leave the OPK's for a while and just enjoy yourselves, I will say though that when you start using them it will surprise you when you actually do ovulate as I was a couple of days out from when I thought I did. So they are good to give you a proper date but then I get more disappointed when I get AF as I know we BD when we should have.
It will surprise you how they change after the op hun.

Baby dust all round x x x Smile
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 44 of 50

Jump to:  

Community

Popular