Vasectomy Reversal Part 2

TLT
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies, I've moved over to the ivf icsi section. But keep popping on here to see how everyone is getting on,
It's fab seeing all these SA's due to be done but just a word of advise, we had 2 SA's done through our GP and came bk very good. But what we was never told until we went to ivf consultant is that the GP's SA's don't check for antis perm antibodies and had to have another SA to check for antibodies, only to find my DH had 100% antibodies. May be worth asking if they testing for antibodies. Xxx
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, kv08 the witch is due to hit about anytime now, depending if I have a 26 or 28 day cycle. I will be going to asda tomorrow to stock up on the vits.

Emily, how are you? Not long now,how are you feeling about it all. My OH is the same as yours from the sounds of it with regards to keeping it fun etc.

TLT, how are things with yourself, are you now on the IVF journey?

Baby dust to all
TLT
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya sfj. How are you? I am doing good thanks. I had my egg collection oct 18th and had 2 put back on the 20th. Test day is tomorrow but tested 2x Tuesday and this morn and all positive Smile calling hospital tomorrow to book in early scan.
Really glad consultant wanted to check for antibodies else we could have been left trying for longer with no chance of success . Xx
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
Huge congratulations hun. I'm ok, just really want this reversal to work, I can be very impatient when I want to be lol.

Will definately ask about the antibodies though, so much stuff to remember. xxx
kv08
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
huge congratulations TLT, so pleased for you.
Thanks for the info on the anti bodies, the last SA wasn't tested for them but the one OH has just done the consultant has asked for the anti bodies to be checked as well. GP's don't help until you have been trying for a year so I am just pleased we are getting it checked now. We are looking at starting treatment in May next year if the clomid doesn't work.
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the advice on the vitamins! I will start looking into all the different options as there are only 34 days to go till the op. I can't believe it! I'm trying to remain really positive about it all, I feel extremely grateful to my gorgeous OH for going through such a traumatic thing for me. Its strange...this is what I've wanted for so long but now its real it scares the heck out of me. I never thought I would be feeling such a mix of emotions! I am expecting lots of tears over the next few weeks!

SFJ how is your OH doing, have the antibiotics worked?

Congratulations TLT - what an amazing feeling that must be!

Take Care everyone!!xx
sfj
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Emily OH is getting there. He went back to the GP and he said he's not worried and gave him ibuprofen, he then woke up the morning after and had an abcess in his mouth. He's had a really rough month bless hum, can't imagine what he has been through for me, makes me love him all the more.

Hope your OH's op goes well hun, not long. OH and I have waited so long for his op and now I'm so scared its unreal.

Baby dust to everyone. xxx
mommato3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 am 
Post subject: New to the Room!
Hi everyone. I am new here. DH is having his reversal done on Tuesday. His dr is optimistic, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Do any of you have any advice on what the recovery will be like for him?
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:24 am 
Post subject:
Hi Mommato3,

How excited must you be with the op so close?
My OH op is a month today so can't offer any recovery advice I'm afraid but the ladies on here are great and will be able to help lots.

Good luck!!!!xx
mommato3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
EmilyMay1981,

I am super excited, and completely terrified at the same time. It is like an emotional rollercoster. I am hopefull that my husbands recovery will be quick since he seems to heal quickly...then I guess we are officially trying to conceive. Wow, never thought I would say those words again. I have been doing so much research on what to expect when trying to conceive post VR, that I really don't know what to think anymore. I have heard it can happen right away, but I have heard it can take years. It scares me since I am 37 now.
kv08
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi mommato3

Welcome to AskBaby, my OH was pretty much recovered after 2 weeks, he did have an infection though which he got anitbotics for and it cleared up quite quickly.
The emotional rollercoster is only just starting hun, my OH had the op last April and we havent even had a hint of a BFP. It is so draining every month so we have decided to just take each day at a time now as we have started having other tests done.

good luck, baby dust to everyone.
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi mommato3
I am exactly where you are just a couple of weeks behind you. My gorgeous OH is booked in on 5th Dec and I am so excited! But also petrified because then it all becomes so real!!
I can't believe we'll be trying for a baby!!! We are going to try extremely hard not to get too obsessed with trying though...no ovulation tests, no calling him home from work or taking temperatures, just continuing to enjoy ourselves practicing!! ;o)

So do you have any children already? How long since your OH's vasectomy?

Wishing you lots and lots of luck!!!x
Littlesis
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies am a old timer on here but just wanted to come on and say hi to all that are about to have op or just had it.My other half had his in 2010 we were given 30% chance of conceiving .The op didn't go well my other half ended up with a hematoma (blood clot) his down below were huge black bruising from his legs to stomach and he spent three months in bed as standing was too much even on morphine.Didn't think for one minute the op had worked and wanted to cry all the time as finacally the op killed up too he is self employed a busy bloke who doesn't sit still for a minute so laying in bed put so much strain on us.BUT after all of that i found out i was pregnant last yr on a beautiful beach in turkey (done a test in beach loos lol).Our beautiful baby girl is healthy and very busy.....and after his four boys a daddies girl.Never give up i fell pregnant when i stop stressing about it.Wishing you all the success and even tho it did with me try not to let it take over your life.Sorry for the long post just wanted to tell you they do work xxx
EmilyMay1981
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Littlesis...what a fantastically positive message!! Thank you do much for sharing your story and Many Congratulations!!!xx
sfj
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, how is everyone? Emily bet you getting excited now, not long till the op.

Got a question, for the past couple of days I've been getting AF like symptoms but I'm not due on for another two weeks. Question is Am I reading into things or perhaps just noticing more things going on with my body since OH and I are ttc?

Baby dust to you all ladies. xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 45 of 50

Jump to:  

Community

Popular