Im so scared about my daughter. Can anyone relate to me?

tania123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 pm 
Post subject: Im so scared about my daughter. Can anyone relate to me?
Hi. My daughter is 6months old, she still isnt smiling or makin good eye contact. She cant hold her head up and doesnt show any emotion in her face at all. She barely cries, never really for a feed, she does the odd time for a cuddle! She has always been a sleepy baby. She was 6 days over due and the pregnancy went brill, much better than my 1st daughter who is now 4. She came out very fast and had really bad facial congestion. She also had a fractured right clavicle as her arm came out the same time as her head. This healed by itself within 2wks. Her head was out for about 5mins before my next contraction to push her body out. I had a waterbirth. She never did that big cry when she was born and needed oxygen for about 5-10mins. She keeps having some sort of seizure, it has happened about 4 times now. She did it the other day when we wer in the supermarket, her eyes roll to the back of her head and she clenches her left hand and shakes. She was sat in the baby seat in the trolley and i just grabbed her and held her close to me because i didnt want anybody to see her as it is really scary. She just snaps out of it aftr 5minutes maybe abit longer. We recently meet with the pediatrition and neurologist and she is going for an mri scan and blood tests, she also has physio once a week. I cant believe this is happening to us? Im so scared and just want everythin to be ok. She's our little princess, who is so beautiful! The ped said that something is wrong and she's not just going to catch up. Which is what i have been praying for. I feel so upset and hate seeing any other baby her age, as it brings it to reality how under devloped she is. Can anyone relate to me? Be nice to talk to someone who understands. Xxx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 am 
Post subject:
I can certainly relate 2 ur baby being behind in her development. My dd is nearly 21 months and is behind in her development and it also upsets me when i see the babies her age or younger as it makes me truly realise how behind she is.

She has been diagnosed wiv valgus foot and low muscle tone which is y shes behind wiv her physical development. Although nw shes getting the right help shes catching up well.

She had an mri scan and was normal but shes failed her hearing test so she needs 2 hav a retest as this cud b delaying her speech.

I hav learnt nt 2 expect my dd 2 catch up but just focus on any progress that she makes.

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:39 am 
Post subject:
I can relate to you too, when you have a baby and you don't think there is anything wrong with the pregnancy etc but if they have a problem which is unexpected it is a complete shock and turns your world around completely.
Our 3rd child has health problems and he's always at the hospital or clinics but he's very special to us and we love him dearly.
Hope you get the support you need. If there's some advice I can give it's keep asking questions, keep pestering the hospital if you're not happy, and accept every piece of help which you are offered.

xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
yep defintly gd advice there if ur at an appointment just keep asking until u have all the answers to walk out of there knowing wots wot theres nothing worse than not asking then always worrying till next apointment.

AngelDelight
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
I too can appreciate what your going through. My son is just 19 months and very underweight, he is still wearing 6-9 month clothes and is not walking. He has gone through various tests and nothing yet has been confirmned. I get very upset when I see babies younger than him walking and running around and looking like toddlers. I feel very sad Sad and try and be positive he is my special unique angel that god sent from heaven who will always be different to the normal range of kiddies out there. Try and be strong I know its tough, but we have to be there everystep of the way for our special babies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular