Question

mummabear123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:56 am 
Post subject: Question
I have a 2 yr old toddler and a 3 month old baby, we live in a small unit at the moment (moving to a bigger house in 2 months but that feels like a loooong time to go yet). Our 3 month old just refuses to sleep in his cot during the day, I've tried everything! But he just screams and cries hysterically no matter what I do to soothe him, he keeps only wanting to sleep in his baby bouncer during the day but I'm worried about him sleeping in that throughout the whole day, I'm also worried he's getting too dependent on it because now he's waking up every hr on the hr every night when he's in his cot, wanting to be back in his bouncer again!

The question is, do any of you have the same problem? If so, is there any advice that can help me break him of this habit? Is it ok for him to sleep in his bouncer instead of the cot for the time being? I really hate that he loves it so much because I think the cot would be better for him to sleep in (of course), but nothing I've tried works, he just screams hysterically. i always make sure he's well fed, burped and dry, I've even resorted to trying control crying him in his cot for 5 min at a time, hoping it would help him get use to settling into a sleep in his cot but I feel weird about doing that at such a young age.

Any advice? Should I just go with the flow and let him have his bouncer until he's at least 4 months old before trying to control cry him in order to settle him back into his cot? Or should I keep doing it now?

I don't know what to do and the exhaustion of waking p every hr on the hr every single night because he hates his cot so much now is seriously taking it's toll on us. We're at witts end.

Any advice?
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi, welcome to askbaby Smile this is a tough one, I have a 3 month old also, but dont have ur problem, he does sleep in his bouncer during the day but is also fine in his crib at night.

Could u try making his cot a little more cosy so its like his bouncer?
Like rolled up blankets either side of him so he feels snug? And maybe tilt his cot a tiny bit so he idnt completely flat?

I have no idea if this will work, bUt it did help me eith my 3rd when ge wouldnt sleep anywhere other than on me!
xXx
thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hia have u tried swaddling? Just a vest on underneath so baby doesn't get too hot, some babies like the snuggly feel

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular