Why won't she sleep?!!

Haylster
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:44 am 
Post subject: Why won't she sleep?!!
My LO is 10 months old and has never been a great sleeper, she started teething early at 2 months and eventually was sleeping through about 5 months old but with the odd wake up now and then. From about 7 months she has been stirring in the night, we just left her and she'd go back to sleep. We did CC and it seemed to work.

Now she often cries in the night and can stay away for about 2 or 3 hours! Just wanting to play! If she manages to sleep through, it's constant stirring all night and wide awake at 5am where we have to get up with her for the day.

I don't know what is going on. She just wants to play and screams when we put her down. We have had a bit of disruption with our in laws staying with us for a while, could this be it? We have had to go in to her more often for fear of waking them.

She seems to be teething again too (seems to be teething constantly though). Has just learnt how to crawl this week.

Her nap times are 9.30am for half hour and 1pm for 1 and half hours.

Also extremely irritable most of the day.

I'm so tired and she must be too???
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Hi. What time does she go down at night? I reckon going to her more often in the night while in-laws were over, plus the crawling, teething etc... has gotten her like this.
Best to give a good go at controlled crying and hopefully that sorts her out. My LO gets out of his routine also due to things like teething, visitors etc..., we always go back to controlled crying.
Every baby is different, but maybe she is getting too little sleep during the day? If she has 30min in the morning and then 1 and half hours at 1pm, she is awake at 2:30pm. What time does she go to bed at night?
My LO is 14 months and has about a 2 hour nap in the morning (10:00-12:00) and then anything from 40min to 1 and half hours in the afternoon from about 3pm. I try and make sure he is always awake at the latest by 16:30, as he goes down for the night at about 19:30-20:00.
Good luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular