money worries

MrsLJA
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:52 pm 
Post subject: money worries
hi all,
just wanting some advice.im only 8 weeks pregnant at the mo and me and my hubby are in full time work, i know i will get maternity pay from my workplace but was wondering if there is any other help out there because my midwife has just basically told us we wont get any help. im starting to worry as i have quite a few outgoings. i know we can scrape by but just wondering if there are any benefits i can get to boost my money to provide a better life for my little sprout
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, congratulations on your pregnancy.

If you're both working full time then I'm pretty sure that the only additional money you get once your baby arrives is Child Benefit (approximately 20 per week) and Child Tax credits (the amount varies depending on your joint income I believe)

Would it maybe ease your mind if you ask your HR department to calculate what pay you can expect to receive? I did this with mine and as long as you can give them an estimated leaving date and if you want Mat pay spreading equally over the time you are off then they should be able to give you a pretty accurate figure for each month.

No matter what hun, you will get by and there will be family and friends who will happily want to buy things for your LO once they arrive. Try not to stress too much, you're missing out on your pregnancy while you're like that.

Hope you settle your mind soon xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular