Odd Spritzer or not?

dmr979
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 am 
Post subject: Odd Spritzer or not?
Hi All,

I'm a virgin to the site and due 6th June with my first babmbino! Have been so lucky and had no morning sickness and only just recently started to show have a bit of bump but a few starting to feel a wee bit tight!

Had my 20 week scan last week had to have 2 cos the baby's head was so low down that it could not not be seen so had to have another one.

I was so so worried as I'd had a few drinks over xmas so was worried that had something to do with it but the 2nd scan revealed it was being shy but she was still very low down! Also find out it was going to be a girl!

Anyone know if a few spritzers can harm the bambino have worried myself to death since xmas over it! X
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 pm 
Post subject:
I have researched this loads on the net cos I meet my friend for tea once a week and sometimes have 1 spritzer with my meal (in a huge tumbler with loads of soda and ice!). Most sites say that you can have 1-2 units (which I think equates 1 unit to a spritzer with a small measure of wine) once or twice a week. I asked my GP last week when I was at the surgery and he said not to worry too much about it if it was the odd spritzer and that my baby's size etc was as it was meant to be.
Hope that reassures you a wee bit although please don't everyone think i'm advocating drinking in pregnancy!!!! Laughing
C xxx
cardea
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:16 pm 
Post subject: drinking
Hi, i have chosen not to drink during my pregnancy ( mainly because the thought of it made me feel sick ! ) , but i did have a hen do in the very early stages of pregnancy where a few glassess / bottles of champers where consumed. When i found out i was pregnant i was worried to death that i had done damage to the baby. My GP reassured me that this one of event was very unlikely to have caused any issues. I think as long as you are being sensible and having the small recommended amount then it is fine. I think the problem comes when you are drinking alot ( you are obviously not ), and as you are questioning whether it is safe or not goes to show that you are very aware of the implications of drinking and i am very confident that you will make the right decision for you and your baby. As long as you stick to the guidlines and enjoy the odd one, you will be fine ! Personally i can't wait to have a cold glass of white wine and - then sleep all night on my tummy ..............4 weeks and 6 days to go...........! Laughing
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
I think the odd drink is fine. Its something like you shouldnt have more than 2 units in a week, so when ive been at a party il drink 5/6 shandys which ive made with only one beer in total in.

Makes you feel like youve drunk al night but its still only 1 unit!! lol. xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hello again ladies!!!! I really fancied a beer tonight and my wonderful hubby got me a 6 pack of alcohol free becks from asda!!! It tastes just the same without the guilt!
Claire Very Happy xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular