back ache after labour..

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 pm 
Post subject: back ache after labour..
hiya my son is 9 months old, and in the last few months of pregnancy i got back ache..nothing serious but with the birth and labour, well about a month after, i started to get a relle bad back, only in certain positions, if i lie on my front for example, i cant get up again without my back rellllle hurting while i move..im now pregnant with my 2nd and already have the bad back i had in late pregnancy with my first and just wondered if anyone else has had this after childbirth and how can i go about not having it any longer! im fed up of not being able to sit or lye in certain positions! xx
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
when u say your back, is it the lower part of your back, and an intense shooting/very specific area pain? could it originate in your pelvic area? If so, it is possible you have SPD (symphisis pubic disfunction, sometimes called PGP - pelvic girdle pain). If you do, then you need to see an ante natal physio IMMEDIATELY!!! go see your GP, have a read on this site about SPD, and if it is that you will pprobably have to really push for the help you need, but just do it

Anna
xx

p.s. I had it at the end of 1st preg without realising, then had the pain early in 2nd pg, was awful - crutches by 4 months pg, wheelchair by 6.5 months. Please just ask if you need any help/advice. There are a whole bunch of ladies on here that have been through it so we can surely help hun
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
oh dear Shocked ...i get it right in the bottom of my back, at the centre ( i think..) its a relle sharp unbearable pain that almost paralyzes me..but only for a few seconds or until i pluck up the courage to move..sometimes it can kinda spasm..i put it down to bad posture of breastfeeding or lifting baby up all the time..but i dont breastfeed anymore and baby is running riot i dnt have to pick him up as much..i actally got signed off of work in my last few months of pregnancy cos the doctor thought i had PGP..but i just kind of shrugged if off cos i was only a few months off of giving birth..is it normal that this can happen when your not pregnant thou? i mean i am pregnant again now but has been happening since the birth of my first...i dnt relle know what to do...if its gonna get bad again..which i think itwill..i live in spain (my partner is spanish) and unfortuanly he dosnt have any family, and mine dont live here, so whos gonna help me Sad Crying or Very sad

thanks for the reply x
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Acupuncture is really beneficial, your mw can refer you to maternity physio who do it (its free)

xx
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Ive just been researching PGP and i match alot of the symptoms..im going to have to go and see the midwife..i had a very bad night last night..i was in alot of pain..not sure what im going to do now but im sure ill work something out Question

thanks for your replies xxx
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
your children are quite close together, so I think your body hasn't really recovered yet but do see the midwife and get a referral straight away for physio and once it's sent chase them up and keep pestering, don't sit and wait for the appt, keep ringing. I had acupuncture and it was brill, in the end I didn't feel labour I'd had so much! When u roll over in bed sit up first and then roll, it takes the pressure off and doesn't hurt so much. Roll around on a birthing ball a few times a day to keep the area supple, sitting still will not help, it will seize up and make things uncomfortable, that's why it's worse at night.
taking paracetamol is safe in pregnancy, don't worry about taking it but follow the advice on dosage. If you need anything stronger your gp can prescribe codeine phosphate, but I would only recommend taking it if it's really bad because it can be addictive.

hope you get sorted soon, don't let them fob you off!

xx
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for your help Smile , ive got the midwife in a few weeks i will tell her whats been going on and then make sure i get seen, cos the way its goin, im not goin to be able to move in the next few months Crying or Very sad and thats no good when you have a young child running all over the place!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
a few weeks is quite far away, get a gp appt sooner and they can do a referral, it looks a bit more urgent coming from a gp too - the sooner you get in the system the better

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular