April Mummies 2012

BrookesG
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies congrats to you all, I got my BFP yesterday think i'm due around the 10 April see what doc says tomorrow. This is my second baby my first being only 9 months old so i'm gonna have my hands full! Very excited but worried what work will think it will mean i'm only back for 3 months! oopps! We not going to find out the sex this time, we did with Lily so be nice to have a suprise this time. Happy and healthy 9 months to you all xxx
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 am 
Post subject:
I'm getting hungry a lot too, but trying really hard to ignore it because of the diabetes Sad

Maybe you could get little one to do some cooking with you and kill 2 birds with 1 stone Smile

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Smile
We were technically trying for 3 months, basically we started in Jan, but in March had to take a 4 1/2 month break, so started again in July - and bang! So I don't know whether to say we got lucky first month in or third... with a break? Smile

I am starving in the mornings but feel sick with it - that started about a week ago... it's like I'm SO hungry - but when I get to the kitchen I only want toast and that is a struggle to finish... finding that with all meals actually - I struggle to eat more than half of what I would normally - which is a pain because it'll be obvious in a couple of weekends when I go out for my sisters Hen-Day meal... I'll try order something small with a view to eating more of it! Smile

Smell is the thing that is getting me at the moment - the smallest smell in the air (and I swear some of them aren't even there too!) and I'm all grossed out =- not nice.

And sleep - isn't happenning. Luckily DH is on board and can sleep through my getting up and down and waking really early and reading or checking emails as he snoozes.

Lovely to know I'm not the only first time mum - sounds like we all have different stories to tell - together we'll get through anything! Smile

My name is May by the way... as we're getting to know eachother - 26 (nearly 27) and a teacher by trade though I don't have a position secured for the next year so I am going to do office work when I can get it! Smile
xxx

icsiHope
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies

Abi - yeah it was icsi it just means that they inj the with the sperm instead of just letting them getting jiggy with it in a test tube. Sorry I just usually say ivf cause it's nearly the same, same drugs and procedures etc.

Wendy - hi and congrats, I get starving about evening time but don't fancy eating the rest of the day as feel sicky. Luckily not been sick yet, but brushing my teeth makes me heave.

MM- I can't sleep either, waking up really early day before last woke up at 3am thinking I was gonna throw up.

Brookes - hiya and congrats wow u will have ur handful but I bet it will be worth it xx

Well my name is Gem i turned 29 on Friday so just got the best birthday present ever, my oh is 28 and I'm a vet nurse so work lots of different shifts and night duties.
Hope ur all well xx
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:11 am 
Post subject:
wow Gem so happy for you makes it even more special you must be over the moon. My name is Gemma too i'm 31 and am an operations manager at Aviva. Gonna be so embarrassed today at the docs she originally booked my appointment to fit the coil! yea not needed now thanks very much! Lol. We cant beleive it wouldnt have planned this age gap but you play in the road ya get hit by traffic but me and husband so happy be quite a cute age gap and hopefully will mean they play with each other and make things easier as get older. Just worried about the pregnancy bit with a small child. We are so lucky with Lily tho, goes down at 6.15-6.30 and sleeps til 7.30-7.45 ( unless getting a tooth) has done since 8 weeks old so fingers crossed number two is like that! Gonna be a busy time, our house is on the market(thankfully!!) fingers crossed that sells! husband just got a new job due to start in next two weeks and i'm due back to work - crazy crazy but all gonna be worth it! dreading what the inlawas will think Surprised
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi Gemma B, congratulations and welcome! Your 'you play in the road ya get hit by traffic' made me lol Laughing What a great way to put it Laughing

As you've probably guessed I'm Wendy. I turned 29 in May (DH Gavin is 31) so will have baby just before I'm 30 (was always what I had planned but cut it a bit fine lol). Took us 2 years to get our BFP, in that time I've lost 2 stone and 10 pounds (still got a ways to go to get my BMI down to a good level). Obviously not really dieting now I'm pg but eating super healthily and am going to carry on walking on the treadmill as long as I can.

abiD
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies, hope we are all doing ok.

Congrats on your pregnancy BrookeG or Gemma as I know your name reading through your post Smile You are brave having them so close together but as you say, it will be nice for them. I've got Faith who is 16 and abit months, doesn't sleep as well as your lo though. She sleeps through but is normally awake between 6-6.30 (yawn!!)

icishope or gem now-(we'll have to decide whether to call eachother by username or actual names!! I get what you mean now by icis Smile Its brilliant its worked for you so quickly anyway!

We had only just decided to start trying again when we fell pregnant, so quite fortunate we fell so quickly, don't like to make a big thing about it though as know people try for years so know we are blessed.

Little bit about me, My names Abi (obviously) I'm 23 and hubby is 26, been married 4 years and had Faith in March 2010, Live in Southampton. I used to be a teaching assistant before Faith but been fortunate enough not to have to go back to work so I'm a stay at home Mum. Really enjoy it.

Just heard today that I have an early scan next Friday to check everything is ok as I have a 1 in 80 chance of having the unusual miscarriage I had before having Faith. Very nervous!!

Well hope well all have a good weekend and enjoy the sunshine! Take care X
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
Well done Wendy thats great, thankfully i managed to loose all but 5 pounds of my baby weight with Lily before getting pregnant this time - been absolutely knacked today thankfully lily had a nice 1hr nap this aft which is most unusual for her always slept brilliantly at night but not during the day!!

Abi you will have to let me know what faith is up to when she 18 months to give me an idea of what it will be like with Lil at that age when the new one arrives!

I'm happy with first names if everyone else is?? sorry to Abi and Wendy if not as have referred to your names in this post! I'm happy To be GemB as we have two already!!
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Hello then to GemB, Gem, Abi, Wendy, plus tattie, Little Ruttiger and all the other cute bump-nick-names we'll have over the next 8 or so months! Smile

Abi - you're not too far from me - I'm in Salisbury! Smile
I finished my NQT year as a primary teacher about two weeks ago - but don't have a teaching job for the next year - to be honest the school I was at had a lot of politics in the staffroom... and I was glad I was covering a maternity post and didn't have to stay there - it was pretty stressful - which prolly explains why I got my BFP 2 weeks after finishing there!!! Laughing

Sounds like quite a journey for you Gem - and like GemB said - all the more special!

Glad to have a first time mum here too Wendy! Smile We'll panic together over the little things like gaseousness and flutters! Laughing

GemB - sounds like you will have your hands full - but you know, if I can - I would have that kind of age gap between mine - I think it's lovely when children are close together. My sister an I are 3.5 years apart - which is fine but my DH and his siblings are all closer in age - there is just 3 years between the three of them - and I love that!

Looking forward to sharing and following eachother's special journeys together! Smile
xxx

abiD
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies! Its Saturday-wahoo!

May-oooh we aren't far from eachother atall then. We often drive through Salisbury on the way to Tim's family so know it reasonably well. Totally know what you mean by politics in the staff room though, I used to make sure I stayed out of it but it used to be terrible, to be honest the worst person was the head mistress believe it or not! So don't blame you for not feeling overly enthusiastic about it.

wendy-welldone you on losing the weight, you've done really well. I put on 4 stone with Faith!!-eek! but managed to lose it all however still have the flabby-ness which doesn't seem to go away, I suppose unless you do serious amounts of sit-ups everyday but I've never had the time or energy to do it!

GemB-Yeah I'll give you a heads up on what Faith is up to and the fun and difficulties at 18 months! Shes into her strops at the moment which isn't so much fun, but it is a lovely age as they are doing/saying something new everyday Smile Are you worried about the amount of lifting etc you have to do with having one already? Faiths quite a porker now and weighs a fair bit and I'm having to pick her up alot still, just worried I'm damaging something??!

I feel really bad at the moment as I feel like I've turned into abit of an ogre with the hubby, I know I'm not myself, quite snappy and lacking patience but can't seem to help it, I don't realise I'm doing it til I take a step back. I know its the hormones but just don't feel like my happy self as much. He understands but have apologised a good few times to him over the last few days!
Also tmi but anyone getting lots of cm in their kncikers?! I seem to be getting it all the time-yuck!

Sorry for the essay! Have a good day everyone, we are hoping to get out for the day as a family and spend abit of time together at a country park, hope the rain holds off, I thought it was meant to be sunny! X
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Smile Saturday - and was meant to be gardening today but it's peeing it down so prolly going to concentrate on sorting out inside the house, might do a charity bag/carboot/bin clearout... Smile
We have friends going to Gambia in a few weeks and they asked for any clothes, shoes etc, and pencils/books/pens/etc and they take a small weekend bag for them and a HUGE suitcase full of stuff to leave out there to the orphanages and schools - so will find stuff that I can send with them.
My sister is having her hen party next weekend and so a box full of winky toys turned up today at my house -I had a good giggle over them - especially the racing winkies - and the light up winky earrings! Smile Hahaha!

Anyway - best go grow up and behave... DH is on BIL2b's stag day today - they've gone paintballing... so going to use the quiet house to my advantage and throw away a load of stuff!

Oh - and my sister rang to ask me to go to the gym with her tonight (I'll go but be careful) and she was chatting in general and said 'so, how are you and him then? All ok? and what about the baby situation - you not got one yet...?' - Do I tell her or no?
Question

xxx

wendyshmoo
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:18 am 
Post subject:
Happy weekend everyone!

May - as far as telling your sister, we've told people on the basis of whose support we would want or need if anything went wrong at this early stage. I know it's a bit morbid but we're so scared that something's going to go wrong Sad That said, we have told LOADS of people (parents, siblings, close friends) partly because we've been trying for so long and they were there supporting us all the way. When we get to 12 weeks and the scan is all clear (FX) then we'll announce it to the rest of the world Smile

The community mw phoned me on Friday morning to set up my booking in appt (3 weeks Tuesday). I told her about my diabetes and she said she'd check with the hospital mw team. Only about half an hour later they were on the phone asking me to come in on Monday so they can start me checking blood sugar levels - might have to go in a few times next week for monitoring. Was really impressed that they seem to be quite organised and want to take good care of me. Soooo excited to have my first appt at the ante-natal clinic - makes it seem so real!

Has anyone else taken another pg test just to make sure? Laughing Despite doing 2 on Wednesday I had to do another on Friday Rolling Eyes

Nice to have some teachers on - I'm in the early stages of an OU maths degree with plans to become a primary school teacher eventually (around the time Little Ruttiger starts school probably). Don't know how I'm going to manage studying around having a baby - should be interesting Laughing

Sorry for the essay! Hope you are all having lovely weekends Very Happy

BrookesG
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Abi yea am worried about carrying lils around but no choice have we sure plenty do it and are fine! My back is killing this time tho dont remember that with Lily at this early stage!

Week from hell this week am back in work for a full week (well my new hours 2 eight hour days 2 six hour days) lets hope am not feelin sick dont wanna give anything away! Have a dilema what do you guys think do i go back a month earlier than planned so can finish work mid to end feb or go back end nov when planned? cant work out whether gonna be easier at work sat on my bum in affect til just before i drop or to finish earlier either way got to use my years holiday allowance that not yet touched so either tag on to end of this leave or at start of next leave! Gonna have to give indication of date i'm returning tom!

A big plus is me and OH go to Paris next tuesday! not how i planned the holiday but will be lovely!
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

How is everyone today xx

Gem - i think if was me, i would prob tag it on to my next leave so u can try and have some rest before bump arrives as u may feel more tired this time around. Have a great time in Paris sounds good xx

Wendy - its good that the hosp are looking after u so well, not long now and u will be able to see ur baby how exciting xx Don't worry last week i took a test on Tuesday,then Weds just to make sure and planning to take another at the end of the week (just because i have one in the flat Laughing )

May - I told my parents and my sister, only because they knew about our IVF so they kept asking when our next appt was. I have also told a few ppl in work but only because my line of work i'm not allowed to do a few things so its kinda hard to hide it.

Abi - i know what u mean OH thinks im a ogre at the mo, i really dont mean to be, and yes i am getting lots of cm in me knickers now, started a few days ago Embarassed I think its a normal symptom. xx

Has anyone had to go and get a new bra yet? I had to take my first trip to mothercare as i have gone up a bra size already!!! They were literally exploding out the top of my other bras. So i bought a proper maternity bra as my bb's are so sore and man are they more comfy Laughing
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Sounds like you're being cared for well there Wendy! Smile

I did tell my sister last night in the end - she screamed and laughed and hugged and was very very excited! Smile She sent a text today to 'Pumpkin' about hoping that mummy and daddy were looking after them well and daddy was spoiling mummy... Smile She's over the moon, and I'm really glad I told her.

We still plan to tell parents in the first week of September, I'll be about 8/9 weeks then and it means my sister can get married and have lots of attention before we make our announcement. My poor parents will have had my Dad out to Afghan twice, his 50th birthday, selling a house, buying a house, both their daughters married, and one announce the first grandchild within 12 weeks!!! LOL!

Is anyone else finding sleep to be totally disrupted at the moment? I am awake and restless all night, sleeping about 20 minutes at a time, then waking properly around 5am/6am and then needing naps in the afternoon, but again, only 15-20 minutes at a time! *yawn* I'm shattered!

GemB - Paris sounds lovely! Smile Hope you have fun! Smile

And yes - I have a growing collection of POAS to prove to myself I'm not dreaming - I have now limited myself to one every 3 days - but I already have 9 and I only found out a week today - so you can imagine how many I was doing in the first few days! Smile
I only have one more IC test and one FRER left so will run out soon... but still - am so worried it'll be negative one day! I am sure I'll feel better when I have seen the GP on thursday and have a midwife appointment booked.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok and not as paranoid as me! Smile
xxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 2 of 81

Jump to:  

Community

Popular