April Mummies 2012

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:58 pm 
Post subject: I gave in and bought... :)
a sleep bra - well - pack of two. I am so uncomfortable at night - so hopefully these will now help me out! Smile
I read the reviews online and they are certainly popular - I got them from mothercare - kind of cross over pink and white ones... only I think I bought the size too big, as these are size 10/38 and I am an 8-10/36... but then again, they feel comfy - and I don't want to be squished, as I think the size 8 ones are 34inch, which would be tight.
Hurrah!
I had a horrid dream last night Crying or Very sad (TMI) - woke up all upset... I was at my old high school and went to the loo in the old girls changing rooms, and there was a small amount of blood... but though I woke up cramped, it's eased off now and there is no spotting or bleeding, just sore boobs and tiredness which I don't mind so long as it means I am still pg! Smile

Hope you are all feeling good Smile
xxx

abiD
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies,

GemB-Like Gem said I'd tag the leave it on to the end so you get abit of time before lo arrives. Hope you have a lovely time in Paris!! Lucky thing Smile

May-Glad it went well telling your sister, its nice shes so excited for you. We've told both sets of parents, brothers and sisters and a few close friends. I figure, if anything did go wrong, they'd be the people that would find out anyway and its nice to have their support too. I haven't had any trouble with bras yet but then I am very flat chested Rolling Eyes think I have some materniy bras stowed away somewhere from last time, will have to dig them out! I have been having really vivid dreams lately too, some nicer than others!

I have been feeling pretty tired, the days can be hard with Faith, as lovely as she is. I don't want her to miss out though so keeping going like ususal but starting to feel it! Getting nervous about the scan on Friday though, its either going to be good or bad news, just hoping all is ok X
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
Is it me or is time dragging? I just want my appointment on thursday to hurry up and arrive! I hope your scan on friday goes well Abi - you'll have to tell us all about it! Smile

I got a pregnancy ticker for my desktop today - just so I can smile each time I turn on my laptop Excited

Is anyone else finding their trousers don't fit? I know I'll sound like one of these annoying women who are suddenly 20 weeks when I'm only actually 5, but I put on 3lbs last month as I had been out for a couple of meals out, end of term, end of working at that school etc... but then by the time I discovered my BFP - I had actually lost that, only now I am at my 'normal' weight - my jeans absolutely WON'T do up! I have had to put a button on an elastic band and create a 'loop' to keep them together - seriously?! I know bloating is a symptom, but at this rate I'll have to go and get new trousers for wearing as only one pair does up and they are tight! Smile

Please tell me someone else is finding this too!

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
Got it - a pair of maternity jeans and a pair of maternity black trousers, both very comfy - both with bumpable room and both from New Look Maternity - woo! I shall once again be able to walk around without my trousers undone and hidden beneath a long tee! Smile
Yey!!!

How is everyone today? xxx

BrookesG
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all this working milarkey and looking after a child under one and being pregnant is a little tiring thank god its only this week!( well until i go back!) Dont know why I am so paranoid with this one other than tiredness not got any other symptoms yet hopefully that will last until after Paris! Abi if I dont get on before friday good luck with scan let us know how you get on.
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:56 am 
Post subject:
Hey Gem - all ready for Paris?! Smile Hope you have a lovely time!

Good luck today Abi! Smile Let us know what happens!

I had my GP appointment yesterday - she was nice, and got me an EPU scan for next thursday because of the bleed last week, but she said that it sounds like it was just a breakthrough period time spotting... which is what I thought too.
She booked it for late next week because she said that way I should be able to see a heartbeat (I'll be 6+4 by then) - yey!

A bit disappointed that my booking in appointment with my midwife isn't until September 5th, as I really wanted it that week before so that when we tell our parents I will have had the appointment at least. I can't wait til after it now because Dad is going away for 3 months on Sept 4th, so will just have to tell them without the appointment. Oh well... I'll be 9weeks exactly when I have the booking in, and I'll be over 8 weeks when we tell our parents so not too bad. I just hope I can still have the first proper scan before my birthday (october 4th) so when we tell our friends (I'll be 13weeks at least then) we'll have scan piccies to show! I shall BEG.

Hope everyone else is ok today?
xxx

wendyshmoo
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi All.

May - Glad your appointment went well and you've got a scan booked. Will be so reassuring! I'm not having any bloating. In fact, because I've been really strict with my diet I actually lost 3 pounds last week!

Have had a busy time this week. Had to go to 2 hospital appointments to sort out diabetes. Am now having to have insulin injections Sad Not as bad as it sounds, and it'll be worth it to have a healthy baby. Have first scan booked for Monday 22nd! Can't wait!

Lots of love to everyone, have a lovely time in Paris Gem B!

Wendy xx

abiD
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

Good news Very Happy Saw our little bubba this morning with a flickering heartbeat Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Sooooo happy and excited. I know I shouldn't get too excited yet as things can still go wrong I know but the pregnancy looks normal and all was fine. Had to have an internal scan which wasn't so pleasent but meant they got a really good picture. They dated me 8 weeks Shocked but I can't be, its obviously just an estimate but wouldn't be the best as a. I want to stay here and b. me and Faith are in March so don't really want another March birthday but hey, will find out for sure at the 12 week scan but will stay with the april mummies anyway. Very happy right now though Smile

may- thats great you have been given a scan, that will give you some reassurance, I'm sure everything is fine though. I know what you mean about trousers getting tight. I am a fan of skinny jeans but they have been getting a tad tight lately so gonna go buy myself some more leggins and long tops soon.

wendy-sorry to hear you have to start injecting yourself now but as you say, if it means you have a healthy baby, then it will be worth it.

GemB-Have a fab time in Paris!

We've got my sil and bil staying this weekend so its gonna be busy, got to go and make sure the house looks presentable.

I don't know when my first midwife appt will be but gonna phone the docs today and tell them the results of the scan so hoping it will then filter through to the midwife.

Hope everyone has a good weekend X
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Excellent news Abi hope you stay with the April mummies though theres not many of us as it is!

I am certainly ready for Paris first time have left lil but sure she will be fine.

Exhausted today, hope everyone else ok and you all have a good weekend.
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Hello Lovelies!

Glad your appointments were useful Wendy - even if it does mean you have to inject - at least you know you're doing the best thing by bump! Hopefully it'll mean less complications and problems for you than if you didn't or had to do it by diet alone... and they'll monitor it all carefully I am sure!

Excellent news about your scan Abi! Smile Sounds very positive! And do stay with us April Mummies! Very Happy

Is an internal scan common for early ones? Shocked because if so - I may decline mine as I only had one before (when not pg - just for investigation) and I bled afterwards and I'm not risking that happening just to see why I was spotting - I am content enough that there's nothing wrong - I'm not going to do anything that will CAUSE damage just for the sake of a sneeky early peep... Sad Sad Am feeling a bit worried about that prospect now... Sad

Meanwhile, have a great time GemB! Am sure your girlie will be fine! Smile

Hope everyone else is feeling good! Smile

Blueeyedgirl92
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I'm also going to be an April mummy, I'm due on the 2nd.
I found out I was pregnant three weeks ago, me and my partner are nervous but very excited. We are young parents, I'm 19 :/ and he's 20.
I have my first ultrasound next wednesday, already had an appointment with my doctor as I suffer from headaches, blackouts, dizziness and sickness a lot, he's says I will have to me monitored over the next 8 months incase this effects the baby.
Anyway good luck all you other April mummies.
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
Smile welcome hun and congrats! We're a friendly bunch here Smile

Age isn't much when compared to experience and willingness. I'm quite young really (26) but am willing to learn and want to be a great mummy - many 30+ year olds can't do that! Smile

Congrats to you and your OH and good luck for your scan! I have an early one on thursday - can't wait to see (even though I know I won't see much!) what Pumpkin looks like!

Are you going to find out the sex of yours? We're going to leave it and have the surprise as it's our first, but probably will find out for any others so that we know whether we need to get stuff or can reuse things! Smile

How are you feeling? You must be about 8 weeks now? Any symptoms?
xxx

Blueeyedgirl92
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Emm I don't know we haven't decided yet, don't think we will find out ( hoping it's a boy though).
I will be 8 weeks tomorrow, had quite bad 'all day' sickness these last two weeks and extremely sore boobs. But I'm not feeling to bad today:).
Good luck for thursday.
wendyshmoo
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi blueeyedgirl92 and welcome! Congratulations on your bfp, glad the doc is looking after you. My GP has been fairly rubbish but luckily the midwives have been taking up the slack! Don't worry about being too young - like May says, it's your attitude that is important. Plus you'll be much better able to keep up with a toddler than an older mum Laughing

May - I think they tend towards internal scans at the early stages because it's a lot easier to see anything. I wouldn't think they would do them routinely if there was any danger to the little bean but obviously it's up to you to decide what's best for you. They may be happy to try an external one anyway. Best of luck for your scan hun xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:43 am 
Post subject:
Ta girlies! Smile

I think I shall go for it - I don't know why but my memory of my other internal (I was 17 and alone and very scared as it was meant to be a chat about why my periods were so heavy - the scan was sprung on me!) is warped - I must have just been so scared that I was tensed and frightened and that is what worried me when I read about the possibility of an internal again... having had a proper read and lots of lovely replies to my 'panic post' - I feel a lot better now and am actually looking forward to it so that I can see a great picture!

I'm hoping they'll be able to tell me if there are twins already - as there are twins in my family and DH says he 'has a feeling' Very Happy

I'll let you all know how it goes!

How is everyone feeling today? Inside is stretching a lot at the moment - I get aches but not like period pain, like a stretch feeling across my middle, only lasts a few seconds but is usually when I am laying down in bed - keeping me awake! Hope it means Pumpkin is growing well and everything inside is growing to accommodate them! Very Happy
xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 3 of 81

Jump to:  

Community

Popular