Post subject:
Ta Very Happy

Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
You're all doing so well keeping this thread going - and I'm still pants!

Congrats once again to Mingo Smile & Mummy Duck for all her orders Smile

Very jealous reading about you all weaning - it's just not happening here Crying or Very sad We have the odd day when Tara will have a decent portion of puree, but most days she turns her nose up at everything offered. She's still having 4 bottles a day - 8am ish, midday, mid-late afternoon and evening. I guess part of the problem is that she doesn't have enough feeds to sensibly be able to replace one fully for 'food'. The best chance of getting food into her is if I can catch her hungry enough just before one of the bottles is due, unless she's thirsty in which case it doesn't work!

Also tried BLW approach, but each attempt ended with her choking (the book refers to this as gagging, but each time I've had to get her out the highchair sharpish, lean her forward and hit her back to dislodge the food - she hasn't been able to sort herself out as I'm assured she would / could!).

Only had 3 hours sleep last night (don't ask - my own stupid fault) and pants day getting stranded at tesco with a hungry and poopy Tara when the car decided to leak diesel everywhere...... Looking forward to the weekend though. We're buying Jack a skateboard tomorrow as he's completed his 'keep night-time nappy dry' reward chart! He doesn't want to go to bed without a nappy on, but as long as we're keeping it dry and re-using the same one that's fine with me Smile

ttfn x
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, quick catch up while Theo is bouncing up and down in his 'Hop and Pop' toy - think static baby walker with lots of lights and music every time he moves!

Been mad here as had show week last week. It went really well and so glad I did it, but am now shattered!!!! Quite glad there's no more rehearsals! Am enjoying my Mummy Duck stuff. Certainly keeps me busy!

Theo is doing well, finally seems a bit interested in food! Lucy - he was the same with food and is only now taking a small portion of mushed veg or fruit. I give it to him around 4pm, either in between his afternoon and teatime bottles or just before a bottle, so that he's definitely hungry! Only way to get him interested! He likes the corn carrot stick things though, and he stares at my food all the time, so give him one of those to munch while I have my lunch to stop him grabbing my sandwich. Think I'm going to start introducing breakfast too and he does seem more interested now. But it's been a slow process! He still has 5 bottles a day, but he can vary between taking about 2 ounces and 8!!!!! Can never predict what he'll take. He has 4 teeth now too, got number 3 and 4 this weekend!!!

He has rolled over once, but no other developments in moving. He loves sitting and standing, but this is knackering holding him all the time. He can sit for about 2 seconds before falling over! He's certainly not crawling yet, like Samuel, he just lies on his front and grizzles!

May - hope meeting at work goes well. I understand you feel guilty, but at least you will have a job to go back to if you want to.

Best go, he's grizzling to get out and have a cuddle!!! Hope all the lumps etc turn out to be clear and the baby settling works, sounds like you're all heading in the right direction with that, keep persevering!! Gemma, glad op went well, rest up while you can, and like the others say, what is the hv thinking about, giving your keys to Lily!!!!? I agree maybe a scarf or little purse would be good!

Will try to update more soon, xxx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies - a quick update! Smile

Some babies are slower with food - in our NCT group there are two of the 7 that still wont eat any solid food... they don't like the purees even, so you are not alone, Lucy! Hope that she'll get the hang of it soon - if you wanted you can always ask the HV/Nursery Nurse for more advice? You can always choose to ignore it if you don't like what she says (like I do!) Smile Stranded at Tesco with leaking baby and car doesn't sound fun Sad But the skateboard does! Well done Jack! Smile

Glad the show was good Helen! Smile And the Mummyduck is going well too! Smile Can't believe Theo has 4 teeth already! Samuel has been quite grumpy about his second one coming through but based on how long he was grumpy about the first before it ACTUALLY came through - I think it'll still be a week before I can even see a tooth there.

My work meeting went well - she was a bit surprised but was nice and congratulatory etc and we've worked out that I can take full 52 weeks mat leave with Sam to the end of march - then a few weeks holiday, then start my next maternity leave on May 15th, about 3-4 weeks before baby will be due. She even said I should be entitled to SMP so that's great! Smile LOL!

I have to go now - but hope to be back soon! Samuel is still not crawling or making any effort to! Ah well - he can get some speed up in his walker though and has taken to stealing from the coffee table and the waste paper bin - disgusting herbert - we've had to baby proof the room! Smile

Love to babies and ladies! Smile
xxxxx

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
hey all,

Nto caught up on all of it but the show and you busineess sounds really good lucky.

May glad the meeting went wel, and bonus being able to get smp, especially as you thought you werent entitled!

Sounds like there is quite a lot of variation where weaning concerned. Josh doing great on that score, three adult 'meals' a day, half spoon fed, half finger fed and appetite seems really to have picked up this week (probs coz was on hols and not my cooking lol!)

Josh can sit for a few mins before wobbling over, he can roll and is choosing to do so more and more. And today has started to reach out for things when on his front and once today managed to get his legs under his bum for a few secs to try and push forward (with little success lol) so getting there.

Been in Sapin for a week at the in laws. Was lovely, right on the mountains, snow-capped mountains to the rear of the house and views of ships on the med to the front of the house! lovely! Glad to be home noe though, any longer and i think me and oh's mum (and him and his mum!) would have fallen out!

Mandy x
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds fab Gruffalo - you're home just in time for the temp to plummet this weekend!

A real quicky tonight - weaning going backwards as Tara has an ear infection...... temp was just over 39dc, but coming down nicely now and the ear doesn't seem to be hurting so much. Bloomin' anti-b's making her poop little and often, and she has the sore-est little behind Crying or Very sad I think she's cried more in the last few days than she had for the entire first 6 months. Just hoping to get more than 3 hours sleep tonight (pleeeeeeeeeeease).

Back when I have more than 2 tics.....
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Hungry, poor tara Sad Hope she feels better soon and fingers crossed for you getting more sleep. x
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi girls

Hungry don't worry about the weaning it takes time. I started with one meal between Charlie's afternoon and bedtime feed. So 5pm I would give him some pureed veg and fruit, o he wasn't too hungry and wasn't too full of milk. Once that was established I started breakfast, morning feed at 7 then porridge at 8. Just started lunch but that's still hit and miss by aim for about 12. As long as she is still having plenty of milk she should be ok but it wouldn't hurt to speak to the HV. I hope she is better soon Sad!

Lucky business sounds great I glad it's going so well. Charlie seems to be the only one in my NCT group who is almost crawling, but they are all sitting without help now where-as I have to hold Charlie when he sit's still. It funny how they all master their favourite skills at different times. I can't really get Charlie to stay sitting he just wants to be on his front all the time, still only moving backwards though bless him.

Glad you had a nice holiday gruffalo. Very jealous!

May I bet that is a weight off your mind, so pleased your work were accomodating. SMP yay!

Well I have been implementing sleep training for a while to get Charlie to sleep through after May's great success! It has worked thank god and has been sleeping through for 6 nights. He still wakes occasionally but settles himself to sleep without me having to get out of bed hurrah! Only problem I now have to sort is the clocks going back has completely screwed up Charlie's routine and he still wants to go to bed at 6:30 (now 5:30) and is waking up at 5:30 instead of 6:30. So back to watering down feeds at stupid o clock and sleep training. Argh!

I went to see the HV last week as Charlie has had reflux since abpout 3 months but is steadily getting worse and weaning has made no difference. He's throwing up so much it's driving me crazy! Also tried SMA staydown formula and it didn't work, also throwing up his dinner so it's not just a milk problem. Now have a GP appointment today so see what she says. The HV thinks he might be referred to a paediatrician.

Anyway gotta go. Speak soon! Smile

Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
How did you get on with the GP Bobski? That must be quite a worry.

Just popped on a bit quite before I hit the sack. Have spent most the day carving pumpkins, making purees & then did a bit of trick or treating with Jack and Tara this evening - sooooo cold and wet, but good fun!

Pleased to report that weaning is going GREAT Smile The MIL pointed out that it may have been the ear infection that brought it to a sudden stop after such a promising start, and I think she's right. No sooner had we finished the anti-b's, Tara moved onto 2 meals a day. Eating tons of pureed goodies, although she couldn't take her eye's off of Daddy's sausage sarnie today!

Feels like such a long week, what with it being half-term. Trying to keep Jack occupied all day is proving to be harder work than I remember.

ttfn..... hungers x
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Super quick catch up - glad that Tara is better Lucy and glad she is weaning well! Wow to crawling Bobski! Smile Samuel is no where near! Sitting is ok but I daren't leave him without sat behind him as he does topple often... but crawling no way! Smile

All good here just about. Samuel has steroid tablets and an inhaler for a chesty cold that hasn't gone away, but he's so cheerful and still eating LOADS! I've actually had to put a stairgate up on the kitchen doorway as Samuel will go shooting off in his walker into the kitchen at every opportunity! Usually to nab off with the teatowel!

Like you Bobski- and with his illness too, Samuel now wakes at 5-5.30am not 6-7am like he used to - it's knackering me out so bad! Plus I am really feeling tired with pregnancy again now - the exhaustion I had forgotten about! Luckily no sickness as such yet! Had my booking in and she said I have very low BP, lower than last time, so I guess that won't be helping.

Hoping Samuel will get used to the clocks soon. We have stuck to bedtime, even though he gets so tired towards the end of the day - so hopefully it'll help him to sleep in that bit longer soon!

Hope everyone else is ok and sorry it's such a quick catchup! Oh -and for all my happies - my boss wrote back - changed her mind about SMP - no monies for me! Sad

Ah well - we get by Smile xxx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Heys everyone- hope all ladies and babies are well?

xxx

BrookesG
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies sorry all crazy this end not managed to get on.

It's the poorly house we all had a sickness bug and poor soph so chesty and rattled but they say her chest is clear had it checked twice she not a happy sole but tooth number 6 is just about to pop through I would like a little break from this teething malarkey if possible started mid sept and not stopped!! Lily also just got another through but at least she only has 3 left now!!

Soph now sits totally on her own and rolls around the floor but doesn't stay on tummy long still hates it!!

Still waiting on final quotes for all housework but looks like I'll be having to move out for few weeks end nov beg dec for all work to be done its a nightmare but be good to be sorted then new year new start with everything!!

Lucy glad weaning now going well pressume Tara now better?

Hope your feeling ok with pregnancy may.

Well yesterday I found out I have been nominated as 'miss slinky' at our slimming world group got to have my photo taken etc god knows where that will and up have lost 2 stone and back to pre babies weight so v happy with that.

Hope everyone else ok
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to have been so neglectful here ladies! Hope all are well?

Congrats on miss slinky GemB! Smile So long ago now but a really great acheievment! Well done you! Smile

I had my scan today - happy me! One little Pudding in there - all cute etc! Smile Will try to get a scan picture up over the next few days. Been put back a week - so only 11+6 today (not 12+5) but that is ok as I thought I had ovulated a week late anyway.

Anyways - will go now but love to all ladies and babies xxx

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all, superquick catch up as have sooo much to do. Sorry not been on. Mummy Duck Designs is going really well, but super hectic in the lead up to Christmas, 4 stalls to do in the next 2 weeks! and only just finished all my custom orders ready for Christmas. Really pleased with how it's all going though.

Theo is doing great, sitting very confidently, and rolls onto his tummy. Wriggling his legs about and sometimes getting them under himself as if ready to crawl, but think it will be a while yet. He's finally realised it's a good idea to eat too, which is nice! Laughing Progressing with weaning quite steadily at last!

Poppy is enjoying school and doing well, although she's horrible at home! So tired and tearful and really stroppy and defiant. She's apparently behaving at school though so hoping she will eventually calm down.

I went into work the other day and told them that although I will return in March for a term to get my maternity pay, I will then be leaving at the end of the academic year. It's a big step, and still don't quite know what I'll do next September, whether I'll just stay at home and do Mummy Duck, or find a local job a day or two a week? But at least I've made the decision not to return to my old work. they weren't particularly surprised! I am in discussions with the lady who runs the baby sensory group that we go to over a potential job though, so fingers crossed for that. Very early discussions but still a potential opportunity that would fit round the children.

Anyway, must go, got to sort things for tomorrow's craft fair whilst Theo sleeps!

Hope everyone is well (and congrats May, saw your scan on fb, so cute and exicting!!!)

BrookesG
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Hows everyone doing? May so exciting seeing the scan photos all seems so long ago now for Sophia and really sad thinking she will be the last I loved being pregnant!

All crazy this end I have been out of my house for two weeks got another week to go but thankfully we are at centre parcs for that so I am looking forward to that! I have had a new Damp proof course put in at the house which has meant taking out the whole kitchen and bathroom its been a building site such a state I have been at my dad with kids which has been a nightmare and lily has asked everyday to go home saying home mummy all done? Work also done in my bedroom for damp and the roof and chimneys its been awful so glad its nearly all done. I have got my auntie lined up to do all the cleaning next week as they are due to finish tuesday and were not back til friday so in theory i should get back and everything be done and all new and clean which will be lovely as have worried loads about the damp with the kids as walls were wet and soph has constantly been chesty - also will all feel like a new start which will be good.

News on the job front is that I have been told ill be put on risk for redundancy at end of jan giving the 16 week notice to find another role ( which is pretty difficult as not due back to work til 6 may) I have said i cant change my hrs due to my circumstance and i have to be based in same place as travelling across town is not possible being on my own and logistics with nursery etc so leaving in the hands of the god if they find me a role then great if not I will get 14 months redundancy plus will be fully paid til end of october so not all bad! I always said I would never leave my job as too well paid to walk away from but if made redundant I could retrain ( always wanted to be a midwife!!).

Soph is doing well although really struggling with tooth number 7 she is on the move but more of a bum shuffler than a crawler, she waving and clapping and far more vocal than lily was ( lils speech therapy group were impressed with her!) Lily has been signed off speech now and has come on loads so lovely to hear.

Things with Andrew still awful he is saying he is emigrating to oz but whether that will happen or not god knows, I'm still having my counselling which has been helping I think that will end January sometime. Once that ends its prob best Andrew and I have joint counselling just to be able to communicate for the kids sake.

Ive still not got internet access apart from a bit on my phone ( only got on now as at mums!) If I don't get on again before xmas have a fab one xx
Page 80 of 81

Jump to:  

Community

Popular